It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

250,000 Year old aluminium object found

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Fount this article about some aluminium that was found in communist Romania in 1973. The finding was not made public because of communism and all that mess. It was dated to be 250,000 years old by Romania officials and confirmed by another lab in Switzerland. However other test showed it was 400 - 80,000 years old. Aluminium wasn't produced by man until around 200 years ago, so even if the 400 years is correct, that is still 200 years before man was producing Aluminium. The object is made of 12 metals, 90% aluminium. The object definitely looks interesting. Some say it is proof that UFO's visited us far in the past. What are your thoughts on this object?

Here is the full article: www.mirror.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I think a test with a range of dates from 400-80000 years isn't to be trusted on any level. This random aluminum could be 70 years old. Other mysterious artifacts could be much older than the tests say.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Welll there is a big difference between 250,000 years and 400-80,000. A lot of the dating methods used can be a few thousand years off. So it could be not really that old at all.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct
I think a test with a range of dates from 400-80000 years isn't to be trusted on any level. This random aluminum could be 70 years old. Other mysterious artifacts could be much older than the tests say.

Maybe, but it was found 33 feet underground next to two large bones that were determined to have belonged to a large extinct mammal that died 10,000-80,000 years ago

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

Was it really, or is it just another archeological hoax to bring readers to the Mirror?

ETA :

Gheorghe Cohal, the Deputy Director of the Romanian Ufologists Association, told local media: "Lab tests concluded it is an old UFO fragment given that the substances it comprises cannot be combined with technology available on Earth."

Here's a quote from the article that borders on ridiculous. No lab test is going to conclude "it is an old UFO fragment."
edit on 20-10-2016 by Atsbhct because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   
It could very well be a hoax. Maybe he was saying technology available at the time it is thought to have been from.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder
Fount this article about some aluminium that was found in communist Romania in 1973. The finding was not made public because of communism and all that mess. It was dated to be 250,000 years old by Romania officials and confirmed by another lab in Switzerland. However other test showed it was 400 - 80,000 years old. Aluminium wasn't produced by man until around 200 years ago, so even if the 400 years is correct, that is still 200 years before man was producing Aluminium. The object is made of 12 metals, 90% aluminium. The object definitely looks interesting. Some say it is proof that UFO's visited us far in the past. What are your thoughts on this object?

Here is the full article: www.mirror.co.uk...

You know what? cavemen could have created Aluminium, looked at it and said "nice", they also could have created 100's of other alloy's and not had a clue about what was made. It just happened to be in the pot at the time.

OK, MASS production of aluminium started around the turn of last century. Doesn't mean the example quoted in the OP was a result of experimentation, it just happened to be
edit on 2016-10-20T11:23:33-05:002016Thu, 20 Oct 2016 11:23:33 -0500bThursday2310America/Chicago1611 by corblimeyguvnor because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   

I think a test with a range of dates from 400-80000 years isn't to be trusted on any level. This random aluminum could be 70 years old.

Buried in soil, Aluminum would oxidate completely, long before thousands of years passed.

Aluminum doesn't occur naturally in geology. Requires lots of electrical power to manufacture from Bauxite. Then fabricate the part itself for whatever purpose. Definitely man made, during the industrial age.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   

The dating methods of the 70's were not very acurate. Even today's methods come up with some questionable results. There are many many variables which can lead to an inaccurate date, or at least a window as wide as 400-80,000 yrs.

If it is a 90% aluminum alloy with 12 different metals mixed in, it could be theorized that this wasn't a clean melting and they did not have sufficient technology to remove impurities properly.

Or it could be a super advanced alloy with just the right amount of each mineral to meet the high and exact standards needed to produce the hull of an advanced alien race's intergalactic space vessel.

I'd say 50/50 one or the other.

A better question would be, what is the item that they found and what seems to be it's purpose? If it's a spoon ladle, or a cup, then, prob not aliens. If it's a flux capaciter? You'll know it's just Marty and the Doc up to some shenanigans.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

you can't manufacture aluminium without electricity? ...... oh well, guess my last post was bs then lol

link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

I completely agree.

No scientist of any worth what so ever, would make such a statement without better evidence than a notoriously approximate dating test. If the conclusion is anything to go by, how can we even trust the metallurgical analysis? Aluminium? Says who? Alien assumption guy?

Throws the whole thing under suspicion if you ask me, from the analysis of the composition, to the dating, never mind the absolutely insane "conclusion" of the quoted expert. No scientist turned around and made that statement. They probably got some loony from the janitorial division, who has been living in the airducts for a month to come out and talk crap for half an hour.

Now, one should not take away from my comments, that I do not believe in the possibility of alien life. I certainly do, and intelligent life at that. However, until I see evidence, and this most certainly is not it, that such life as may exist has visited here, any explanation of events on this planet that includes aliens in its foundation, will be met with SIGNIFICANT doubt, until such time as evidence of a profoundly solid nature comes to light.

link   
This is really interesting.

"Lab tests concluded it is an old UFO fragment given that the substances it comprises cannot be combined with technology available on Earth."

we still don`t possess the technology to combine those particular 13 types of metal.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

It doesn't name the metals, so how can we know that?

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Well it had a purpose, that much I can tell you.
As for the dating methods used... I'm not buying it just yet.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   

You know what? cavemen could have created Aluminium

They called it, "Alumin-UGG"
edit on 20 by AshFan because: spelling

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: GreenGunther

It looks something like a link from a tanks tracks.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   

What get's me with this "ufo" speculation that some people in the article make, is the immediate leap that this thing was actually part of a flying object, alien or otherwise. Making the wild assumption for a moment that this thing is actually an alien artifact, why a ufo? Why not a part from some sort of tool (the possibility was mentioned at one brief point before diving back into the "ufo" theory)? If aliens had any sort of presence on this planet thousands of years ago, why should it be assumed that an item that they left behind would be associated with flying crafts?

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   

You have obviously never worked in a lab before, you put the materials in your lab machine and it spits out a paper. That paper will say one of three things
"not created by man"
"Created by aliens"
"Part from old UFO"

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   

a reply to: GreenGunther

It looks something like a link from a tanks tracks.

Scratch this theory.

Someone in the comments of the article stated they thought it looked like a tooth from an excavator bucket. I think that's more than believable.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   

An ancient flying alien extractor, that's what you mean right?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join