It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nintendo Reveal their new Console , the NX is now Called Nintendo Switch

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I wonder how itll sell though...Wii was by far the best selling Nintendo console, followed by wii u, which was by far the worst selling Nintendo console. ps4 only sold like 40 million after 3.5 years, so. I really really wanna play the new Zelda game, but I would be a lil disappointed to buy one if it doesn't sell. atleast they'll be selling console and handheld device all in one as opposed to wii+ds separately.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 04:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Mousygretchen

I really really wanna play the new Zelda game, but I would be a lil disappointed to buy one if it doesn't sell.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild will also release on Wii U , if you have or can purchase a cheap Wii U that may be the better option for now as it already has a library of games available.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 06:08 AM
link   
I like it.

The thing most people forget about Nintendo is they make most of their money on handheld gaming in the Japanese market. It only makes total sense for them to bridge that gap between console and handheld.

In their respective market, mainly Japan, the people don't really care about brute power and graphics. Look a how poorly the Xbox does over there.

The versatility looks amazing. Also if it can run Skyrim on a handheld, I'm sold. Plus, the new Zelda looks interesting.

Now if it can be modded as easily as the Wii was to run homebrew. That alone would seal the deal for me.

After looking in a lil bit the morning, It's looking like it will be the Skyrim Special Edition which puts the system, power wise, somewhere inbetween 360/PS3 - Xbone/PS4. That's not too shabby for a handheld device.

edit on 10 21 2016 by SgtHamsandwich because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I wonder how they plan on letting consumers test the console at the store? I'd like to get my hands on it for a little to play it see how it feels etc, with all the stuff popping off and changing etc I can't see this being easy for them to put demo consoles out in stores that are not going to get stolen lost or broken. Controllers are and control are big for me when it comes to games, this looks very different and I would want to test it out before even considering a thought about it.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Mmm grew up on Nintendo, became a Sega fan.

I'd have to play with one first, I mean sounds like a glorified mobile phone that cant make calls.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: gortex

I'm guessing that Nintendo still hasn't learned their lesson about releasing tech with outdated specs hoping to key in on a niche/gimmick that allows people to look past graphics and performance like what happened with the Wii. If this system has WiiU specs or even specs still lower than the X1 or PS4, then this system is just as doomed as the WiiU.

Dreamcast was one of the most powerful console releases ever, didn't do too well. PS3 was powerful but expensive which lead to bad sales originally. Minecraft has some of the, or the "worst", graphics for any popular game released recently and bought for billions, ect.

It's not that simple. Gaming is a heck of a lot more than just the best graphics. Honestly, besides VR, is there going to be a mind blowing difference between PS4 and the PS5 with graphics? Not really. Eventually, if not now, there's going to be a plateau. Graphics were something "new" going from 2D to 3D, but now what is there to top that? A draw distance 10 miles deeper that is small anyway and not even looked at isn't going to do much for gaming.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 06:43 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: ghaleon12

I think that the ease of development has a big thing to do with the consoles, Atari went under because they allowed almost anyone to develop games and sell them on their platform, nintendo doesn't let just anyone develop games they are anal about that. Nintendo also is always trying new gimmicks without any real time testing to make good business decisions either. I predict nintendo in the near future to drop out of the console market in the next 2 to 3 years minus their hand held units because no one wants to keep trying new and weird ways to play a damned game. I predict they will continue hand held portable units and start licencing games for mobile and other platforms a lot like SEGA.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join