It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nintendo Reveal their new Console , the NX is now Called Nintendo Switch

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   
As usual I prefer the code name but Nintendo have just unveiled their new console which will be called the Nintendo Switch , Switch because the machine can switch between being either a handheld or a base station to plug into your TV.

Introducing Nintendo Switch! In addition to providing single and multiplayer thrills at home, the Nintendo Switch system also enables gamers to play the same title wherever, whenever and with whomever they choose. The mobility of a handheld is now added to the power of a home gaming system to enable unprecedented new video game play styles.

Nintendo Switch is scheduled for launch March 2017 , although no tech specs have been released yet Nvidia have confirmed the console is running a custom Tegra GPU chip.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Do I see BOTH a Legend of Zelda game, AND a Turok Game? This looks pretty sick!!

(but he does look a little dumb playing Turok on the plane next to the sleeping passenger - I'd be pissed if someone was doing that on the plane next to me.. lol)

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

I think Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild will be a launch title , people will buy the console just to play that I believe.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   

It's enough for me (depending on the price I guess). Cool concept that you can travel with it and also play it on a TV.

I wonder if there will be an option to have it be used as a tablet at all, like if you an watch movies or shows on it. Either way, they've come a LONG way since gameboy

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   
yey new super mario game! o/

One thing of concern, every time the actors remove the switch um controllers(?) does it look a bit, um, awkward and perhaps flimsy? Might not take much abuse and little pads and lots of bits easy to lose in the sofa maybe?

But yey, new mario.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I was hoping for some virtual gaming on this console but I'll still get one. It looks great!

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Looks more like Skyrim than Turok, so could be a new Elder Scrolls game

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

It did look like a dragon and not a pterodactyl, so I bet you're right lol. I do miss the Turok games though...

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

Bethesda are on the list of Devs supporting the system so I wouldn't be surprised to see Skyrim remaster appear at launch.

edit on 20-10-2016 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Wow, they really got innovative with this one. I gotta say it is damn impressive in that sense.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I like it, i hope its not a potato like the last few nintendo consoles.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

Looks like a potato to me...

although, I'd buy it just for the new Zelda, Star fox, and Mario Kart games. But it seems a bit too "gimmicky" for my liking....Another Wii.

Like always, loyal NIN fans will embrace whatever NIN puts out. But I'm guessing they wont be pulling many fans from the PS or Xbox crowd..

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Biigs

I was concerned abut the controllers too. But apparently they will slide into a "big" controller that will connect to the base at home.
But I hope they sell extra "small" controllers cause you know they will get lost.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   

They showed Skyrim and Splatoon in the trailer (along with others).
This family is buying 2.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   

edit on 20-10-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   
This thing looks pretty crap.

Good thing however is that they are releasing a mini NEX device soon with 30 games built in, so I might get that but not this.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

For retro gaming the Mini looks well worth a purchase , shame you can't add to it though.
I'm not a Nintendo fan but look forward to seeing the system specs of the machine and games ruining on it , I think they may have gone the smart route not trying to compete with Sony and M$.

Dependent on price I may get one , I'm guessing it will be reasonably cheap.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   

I'm guessing that Nintendo still hasn't learned their lesson about releasing tech with outdated specs hoping to key in on a niche/gimmick that allows people to look past graphics and performance like what happened with the Wii. If this system has WiiU specs or even specs still lower than the X1 or PS4, then this system is just as doomed as the WiiU.
edit on 20-10-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Getting one of those. I plan to leave it hooked up in the living room. I am a 55 year old devoted gamer with little extra time. Thinking the NEX will fill those 15-30 mins I have.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Wow that looks awesome, I definitely need one when it comes out.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join