It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Hillary has been doing this for thirty years, and nothing!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Says Donald Trump...
Which true or not, raises a question...

Trump has benefited from this for 30 years...
If it was such a problem to him, what took him so long to finally give a f*ck..?

I mean seriously (and I'm surprised Hillary didn't hit home on this)...
He keeps going on about how long things have been a problem in America, why did it take such a yuge amount of time to want to MAGA???

It kinda nullifies his whole schtick if you ask me...

What do you think, ATS?

Why the wait?
If he has seen this as a problem for 30 years as he keeps pointing to with Hillary, how does he sleep at night knowing he sat back & profited from such disarray???

The "savvy businessman" rebuttal doesn't work if he truly thought it to be a problem and he has a conscience. Right?
Because if he was such a patriot, while as he claims America was going down the pan, he would have felt it his duty to do something 25-30 years ago. Wouldn't he?

If you're about to ask "where are your Hillary threads", one of my first was about Hillary & a Wikileaks email, and no one really gave a toss.

I have an idea why.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

Says Donald Trump...

If it was such a problem to him, what took him so long to finally give a f*ck..?

He was too busy.

So was what he said true or not?

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   

I think you have hit the nail on the head.

In fact, knowing what I know of Donald Trump, you would have thought he would have done something about the American problem years and years ago, for the following reason.

He claims that he is "Savvy". If he was indeed "Savvy" in business, then by definition he would have to be politically aware as well, since so much that affects large businesses, has to do with the way that wider geopolitical events shake down. He would therefore know, that leaders with skeletons in their closets, while common, are rarely popular, and were becoming less so when he was a younger man.

Now it seems to me, that a man who knows himself at all, and is of the sort that Donald Trump is, that is a narcissistic misogynist with delusions of grandeur, would have known that the last thing he ought to do, is wait decades before acting. Why? Because he would know that the more time he waited, the more things he would wreck, assault, molest and fail to do correctly (like picking a time to start a mortgage company, for example). Therefore, it would have made far more sense for him to act during the 1980s, than to pop out as a candidate now.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Says Donald Trump...

He was too busy.

Too busy to save America?
That's some kinda patriot, eh!

I don't know if it's true, I'm not from the States and as a 29 year old I can only give an outsiders perspective going back about 15 years.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   

No.

I'm no fan of Hillary Clinton, but his entire argument here appears to be that Hillary wasn't able to single-handedly resolve every problem encountered by our Republic during her 30 years in office.

The schtick is transparent:

Step 1) Pick any issue
Step 2) Ask why Hillary didn't fix it during the last 30 years

This of course completely ignores the complexities of the legislative process, in which no individual politician has dictatorial authority. It also ignores whatever political imperatives existed at the time.

It's a lazy debate tactic, and quite frankly I'm surprised anyone falls for it.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Where were you? Where were any of us? We could all be world leaders by now but chose not to.

She supported every one of Bill's moves, including the crime bill, the welfare reform, which turned out to be disasters. I think she may have instigated the Libya debacle, which led to a world leader getting sodomized with a bayonet, and a now ruined country. She has done many things, but they've all been horrible.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Objectively false:

January 3, 2001 – January 21, 2009 - Senator
January 21, 2009 – February 1, 2013 - Secretary of State

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Hillary isn't the topic.
As much as people would like her to be, this is about Trumps foresight and inaction.

Where were you?

I was planning to go into law and politics here in the U.K before my psychosis got the better of me.
Also as stated numerous times, I'm British.
There is nothing I can do about America.

Where were any of us?

You'll have to answer that yourself.
If you've been looking at a rigged system for 30 years, that you disagree with, that's destroying your country, chances are as a patriot you're going to want to do something before it all collapses.
To wait 3 decades, on something you feel so strongly about... Yeah, I'm not buying it.

Hence the thread.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

She had plenty to do with Hilarycare, which occurred while she was First Lady.

How long ago was that?

edit on 20-10-2016 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Then your thread is just a massive fallacy.

We have the last 30 years of Donald's life on record. He was fairly busy during that time.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Then your thread is just a massive fallacy.

We have the last 30 years of Donald's life on record. He was fairly busy during that time.

Yep, The Apprentice must have been way too important to think about Making America Great Again.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Clinton a career politician that never produced a product nor started a profitable business but self enriched by play for play because of her position is dripping in Gold by selling Uranium contracts to the Russians for 25 million in her back pocket and stealing 94 percent of Clinton Foundation Haiti fund and still raking it in today versus Trump a business man with zero political power?

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Perhaps he wasn't ready.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: southbeach

Clinton a career politician that never produced a product nor started a profitable business but self enriched by play for play because of her position is dripping in Gold by selling Uranium contracts to the Russians for 25 million in her back pocket and stealing 94 percent of Clinton Foundation Haiti fund and still raking it in today versus Trump a business man with zero political power?

Blah blah blah.

None of that related to my OP question.
Clown.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   

You question someone's patriotism because they don't run from president. Millions upon millions of Americans are not patriots then. Just a ridiculous argument.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   

You question someone's patriotism because they don't run from president. Millions upon millions of Americans are not patriots then. Just a ridiculous argument.

No I question the patriotism of those in a position to run for president who also claim the system is rigged and that for 30 years its been a shambles.

Your simplified analysis is a strawman.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

No I question the patriotism of those in a position to run for president who also claim the system is rigged and that for 30 years its been a shambles.

Your simplified analysis is a strawman.

He took a run in 2000, but you don't mention that.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: southbeach

Trump has been complaining about politics since at least the 80's. Why didn't he go into public service then? I'll tell you why. It's because he was making too much money. And money is more important to him then the condition of the country. The only reason he is running for President now is because he needs to build his brand back up after several failed companies.

Don't kid yourself into thinking Trump genuinely cares about America. The only thing Trump genuinely cares about is Trump.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   

So you're giving her credit for balancing the budget then? She must also be responsible for unemployment dropping nearly in half during the Clinton administration too? That average of 3.8% annual GDP growth as well?

This is a ridiculously stupid argument on the part of Trump but if she's going to be put on the hook for every failure of government while her husband was in office, it makes sense that she should also be lauded for all the successes.

Right?

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Yeah why not? She had much to do with the successes and failures of the Clinton regime, more so than any other First Lady.

The argument is not ridiculous.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join