It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abortion tussle at debate was wow

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nucleardoom

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: Nucleardoom

yes, but that decency and respect for life has to extend out beyond the womb.
and at the moment I don't think it does in the republican camp.

Millions respectfully disagree with you.

And millions of others agree with him, this appears to be a logical impasse.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   

So the father should have no say in the life he has also created?

originally posted by: Grimpachi

No none at all.

Well good luck to your future offspring as it seems they may never see the light of day with your nazi viewpoint on parental rights. But it seems you wouldn't care too much about killing them anyway.

Parent of the year award winner right there.

Mental midgets that go around calling people Nazis doesn't have any right to require anything of a woman he happens to get lucky with to bring that mental midgets offspring into the world. Those mental midgets should just be happy they managed to get laid in the first place.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   

I refer to it as human decency and a respect for life.

But who needs that nowadays right?

originally posted by: eNumbra

More redefinition.

Whatever it takes.

I see you're quite the advocate for human rights. A fetus is still a living human being.

With your cavalier attitude towards human life it would come as no surprise if you work at Planned Parenthood or a clinic.

edit on 20-10-2016 by Nucleardoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   
After reading this thread, it's good to see that both major parties will continue to manipulate the population with this particular divisive wedge issue into the foreseeable future.

While we're all arguing about it, they're robbing us blind.

This doesn't matter to them at all.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: randomthoughts12

I am ok with earlier abortions. It should never got to that point and if the woman life is in danger different story as well. The law gives the ability with a good lawyer to abort whenever no?

A lawyer should never be required to obtain an abortion, although, in some states minors must have a guardian's permission and sometimes state courts appoint lawyers to represent them.

According to the law, Roe V Wade, abortion on demand is legal up to the point that the fetus is viable, meaning that it can live outside the womb. Most states limit on demand abortion at around 22-24 weeks. There have been cases of premature babies surviving at 20 weeks, but it's very rare and requires "catastrophic medical intervention".

Women who don't want a kid get an abortion early. It's the women who want their children that find themselves needing. or wanting a late term abortion. The tests that are able to find catastrophic fetal anomalies can't be done until around 20-22 weeks. So, sometimes a family will find out that they have an abnormal fetus at, say, 22-24 weeks. At that point, they may decide to abort, for the sake of the unborn child, and/or for the sake of family and/or the toll on the mother's health. This is a tragic choice that no family wants to have to make.

Donald Trump doesn't seem to understand even the slightest degree of complexity of these issues, or how it affects women and their families. But, he's happy to promote the ignorance, fear and hatred that surrounds them.

edit on 20-10-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   

disagree with what, the idea that life outside of the womb should be respected as much, if not more, than life within the womb, or that the republicans seem to fail at respecting some life outside of the womb.

fact is,

The further along a woman is in her pregnancy, the more likely a doctor is to induce labor, rather than perform an abortion, but some practitioners may be able to perform an abortion up to 34 weeks, Gunter said.

But at 38 to 39 weeks of pregnancy, if it's clear that the fetus will not survive long after birth, a modified abortion is no longer an option. A health care provider induces labor, and this "is simply called a delivery," Gunter said.

www.livescience.com...

ripping a baby out of it's mother's womb a day before birth??? oh, the horror!!!
but it kind of describes a c-section doesn't it??? ya know where you cut into the mother and forcibly remove the occupant from her womb, either because a vaginal delivery is seen as dangerous or the mother prefers that the baby is ripped out for convenience sake?

but, although purely fictitious in nature, the idea of babies being "ripped from mommy's womb" to be murdered the day before birth seems to be effective in drumming up the support to ban late term abortions...
only, these abortions are very rare, hard to get even when medically necessary, and in many cases... ARE MEDICALLY NECESSARY!
by throwing out such nonsense as the ripping out the babies and such, while ignoring that very important fact that these aren't routine proceedures done willy nilly, and in many states can only legally occur in only a few circumstance.....one being the health and wellbeing of the mother, it become very clear that the women's life isn't valued as highly as that of the unborn child she carries. although I am sure that the women's children, her husband, her parents, might feel quite differently about that...

and...
I'll just leave this little tidbit here, as a reminder...
that women do die occasionally from pregnancy and it's complications.... especially when people are allowed to use "morality" as a shield for not having respect or seeing the women's life as at least equal value to that of the unborn child she is carrying!

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Mental midgets that go around calling people Nazis doesn't have any right to require anything of a woman he happens to get lucky with to bring that mental midgets offspring into the world. Those mental midgets should just be happy they managed to get laid in the first place.

Sorry I must have been dazzled by your intellectual prowess. Since you're obviously so incredibly intelligent I suggest you fix some of those grammatical errors in your post.

Whether you like it or not your views do align nicely with 1930's Germany and you also sound like a feminist as well.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

If you'd actually read this thread I've stated multiple times within it that I'm against it UNLESS it medically necessary or a case of rape.

Ugh.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   
If a baby was getting close to term and suddenly needs to come out to keep baby and mother alive why wouldn't they just do an emergency C-section?

Then mom and baby just have to stay in the hospital and recover.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Hitler's own belief that they should ... As well as promoting motherhood, the Nazis also restricted abortion and contraception.

I certainly do not align with that wack jobs thinking how about you? Do facts get in your way of BS labeling people Nazis they should, but carry on I know you will.
edit on 20-10-2016 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

I think you might be interested in this story....

Proposal to require husbands' consent for abortion was error, South Carolina health agency says
www.nydailynews.com...

actually, the way the laws now are written, a women would need the consent of her husband in the third trimester, even though it also restricts third trimester abortions to only those that are necessary to preserve the life and health or the mother...
the consent part was just found to be unconstitutional by the supreme court, so until ole trump stacks that supreme court with justices who think that it's just to give the husband the last word as to weather his wife should life or die....
it's not enforced.

statelaws.findlaw.com...

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: GoShredAK
If a baby was getting close to term and suddenly needs to come out to keep baby and mother alive why wouldn't they just do an emergency C-section?

Then mom and baby just have to stay in the hospital and recover.

Exactly. Two out of my three kids were born through Cesarean section.

a reply to: dawnstar
But it takes some Olympian level mental gymnastics to compare a C-section BIRTH to an abortion.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: randomthoughts12

I'm pro-choice and this disturbed me!

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   
there is no abortion that close to birth...
it's not an option!!!
that only leaves inducing labor or c-section...
so which is it that you think trump is talking about??
or is he just showing his ignorance here???

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Hitler's own belief that they should ... As well as promoting motherhood, the Nazis also restricted abortion and contraception.

I certainly do not align with that wack jobs thinking how about you? Do facts get in your way of BS labeling people Nazis they should, but carry on I know you will.

No, I'm done responding to you as your Mensa level intelligence has clearly intimidated me enough to know not to match wits with a Rhodes Scholar such as yourself.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Hillary Clinton is an evil, terrifying, baby killer.
If she becomes president, Satan has won a victory.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
there is no abortion that close to birth...
it's not an option!!!
that only leaves inducing labor or c-section...
so which is it that you think trump is talking about??
or is he just showing his ignorance here???

If that's indeed the case then to be honest it was either ignorance on Trumps part or possibly some Alex Jones level sensationalism.

Your guess is as good as mine on that one.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

originally posted by: randomthoughts12
Hillary could not deny that the law gives the ability to take the baby 1 day before birth.

"That is not what happens in these cases" is what she said.

Donald clearly pointed out only god has that right.

This just gave me the creeps about her even more.

Lol that won't be the story. The story will be that Trump is stupid enough to think you can have an abortion the couple days before it's due..

Which isn't accurate nor anything ANYONE has done.

Hell he even pooped all over the pro life argument by not challenging Hillary quote his "penalize the woman stance" that pro lifers learned decades ago was a HUGE loser.

Trump once again played to his base and ran off everyone else.

Clinton: No Really, A Baby On Its Way Out of the Birth Canal Has No Rights (VIDEO)

What is more disturbing- that a Presidential candidate is practically foaming at the mouth to terminate lives, or the fact that the most awful people in the country were in the audience cheering her on? Literally cheering her on for saying mothers have the authority to do whatever they want with fully grown babies about to exit the womb.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Well then, you have a good night Nucleardoom and hopefully the next time you feel the urge to label others as Nazis because you disagree with them you will take the time to first see if history is on your side.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Please, this is not the Mud Pit so keep to the topic and do not make it personal.

Do not reply to this message.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join