It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Abortion tussle at debate was wow

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nucleardoom
So the father should have no say in the life he has also created?

originally posted by: Grimpachi
a reply to: Nucleardoom

No none at all.

Well good luck to your future offspring as it seems they may never see the light of day with your nazi viewpoint on parental rights. But it seems you wouldn't care too much about killing them anyway.

Parent of the year award winner right there.

edit on 20-10-2016 by Nucleardoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: ksiezyc

But fine let's all not care for one another.

I care about the women who don't want to or can't carry their pregnancy to term. I care about a woman's right to choice.

There's an enormous difference between "don't want" and "can't carry to term", implying severe medical risk.

The latter is understandable. The former is an asinine comment to make.

"Meh, even though I engaged in sex, which is how humans reproduce, I don't really feel like accepting the responsibility which comes with that decision, so I'll just murder this human instead".

Just say what it is. You support a women's right to choose murder because they don't want to do something which is a result of their own actions.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl

"Meh, even though I engaged in sex, which is how humans reproduce, I don't really feel like accepting the responsibility which comes with that decision, so I'll just murder this human instead".

Just say what it is. You support a women's right to choose murder because they don't want to do something which is a result of their own actions.

Murder is the unlawful killing of another human being without justification or valid excuse, especially the unlawful killing of another human being with malice aforethought.[1][2][3] This state of mind may, depending upon the jurisdiction, distinguish murder from other forms of unlawful homicide, such as manslaughter.

Do you child-lovers (see, I can redefine words too) always redefine words in order to appeal to emotion or just when you run out of other arguments?

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   

There's an enormous difference between "don't want" and "can't carry to term", implying severe medical risk.

The latter is understandable. The former is an asinine comment to make.

Just say what it is. You support a women's right to choose murder because they don't want to do something which is a result of their own actions

I agree 100%. Star for that piece of internet gold.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: eNumbra

Come on man it's murder any way you look at it if it's because you "didn't want it." The casual destruction of life is sickening along with the people who condone and support it.

Pretty big talk coming from someone who could have possibly been aborted themselves. I especially like how you tried to ease the guilt and soften the edges on killing the unborn.

There's something called accountability but it seems you haven't grasped that concept yet.

edit on 20-10-2016 by Nucleardoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Come on man it's murder any way you look at it if it's because you "didn't want it."

Abortion is legal, therefore it's not unlawful killing, therefore not murder. It's pretty cut and dry

The casual destruction of life is sickening along with the people who condone and support it.

Okay. This is your moralistic viewpoint and is meaningless in the context of the discussion.

Pretty big talk coming from someone who could have possibly been aborted themselves.

[StudioAudience]Ooooooh[/StudioAudience]

Seriously, 2/3 of that post is just more appeal to emotion.
edit on 10/20/2016 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   

I'm wondering, can you read?

The proponent of murder I responded to suggested "don't want to carry the pregnancy" is a viable reason.

Then you get your panties in a knot and respond with the definition of murder which you yourself don't understand:

Murder is the unlawful killing of another human being without justification or valid excuse, especially the unlawful killing of another human being with malice aforethought.[1][2][3] This state of mind may, depending upon the jurisdiction, distinguish murder from other forms of unlawful homicide, such as manslaughter.

Which you'll notice only supports my point as "don't want to carry the pregnancy" isn't a valid excuse or justification for murder.

Of course, the utter ridiculousness in all this is your idea, and others, that a 6 month old fetus three months from delivery can be murdered for any reason whatsoever, simply because the mother feels like it but that same tiny human, only 3 months later would have an entirely different set of laws regarding murder around him/her. It's still murder. 8 weeks, 10 weeks, 12 weeks doesn't change that.

And we know that because numerous babies born quite prematurely have gone on to live wonderful lives.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   

I'm wondering, can you read?

The proponent of murder I responded to suggested "don't want to carry the pregnancy" is a viable reason.

Then you get your panties in a knot and respond with the definition of murder which you yourself don't understand:

Which you'll notice only supports my point as "don't want to carry the pregnancy" isn't a valid excuse or justification for murder.

Of course, the utter ridiculousness in all this is your idea, and others, that a 6 month old fetus three months from delivery can be murdered for any reason whatsoever, simply because the mother feels like it but that same tiny human, only 3 months later would have an entirely different set of laws regarding murder around him/her. It's still murder. 8 weeks, 10 weeks, 12 weeks doesn't change that.

And we know that because numerous babies born quite prematurely have gone on to live wonderful lives.

Except you're missing the key part of the definition: unlawful killing. Abortion is legal, and thus cannot be murder.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: ksiezyc
a reply to: windword

Then it is murder. Even if not under law then under morals and ethics.

Whose morals and ethics? I really don't need a bunch of Muslims, Jews or Christians telling me what's moral.

It's not a universal concept.

Do you want to live under a theocracy? Not me.... I don't need some priest in a funny hat telling me how to live my life. They can **** off!

lol!!

Ya got some idiot in washington telling you how to live your life and you don't mind that.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: eNumbra

I refer to it as human decency and a respect for life.

But who needs that nowadays right?

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

Abortion is not murder. And, yes. I support a woman's right to choose an abortion when confronted with an unwanted pregnancy.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: eNumbra

But who needs that nowadays right?

More redefinition.

Whatever it takes.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   

you know, the little baby that the parents decided to abort because of it's severe heart problems,
wonder how much the grand total of that baby's care would have been if it was allowed to be born and everything possible was done to keep it alive as long as possible?
the insurance company, if there was one, probably would have tried to convince them to abort, so they didn't have such a large bill...
the state, would have been also probably wishing they would abort if they were on medicaid..
and the same probably could be said of the hospitals and doctors.
so, we should let the government legislate the laws concerning this?
only if you wish to have women being force into having abortions...
same with giving the father the final say....
probably just as many babies are aborted because of the desire of the father as there are because of the desire of the mother. because, unless the sex was just a fling without any emotional attachment whatsoever, I believe that most women do consider their partner's desire.

yes, but that decency and respect for life has to extend out beyond the womb.
and at the moment I don't think it does in the republican camp.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: randomthoughts12

I work to much I was not ready for this. I will try to start from the top and address what I can and expand or put in check my opinion flaws if need corrected

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

He did not say that nor I but it is what he seemed to be pointing out.

However I believe 9 months it's murder. Earlier is a different conversation.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

I am ok with earlier abortions. It should never got to that point and if the woman life is in danger different story as well. The law gives the ability with a good lawyer to abort whenever no?

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

yes, but that decency and respect for life has to extend out beyond the womb.
and at the moment I don't think it does in the republican camp.

Millions respectfully disagree with you.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: randomthoughts12
Hillary could not deny that the law gives the ability to take the baby 1 day before birth.

"That is not what happens in these cases" is what she said.

Donald clearly pointed out only god has that right.

This just gave me the creeps about her even more.

creeps about her?????......and you forcing a woman to obey what a mythical being says, is fine....

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greggers
There are very few late term abortions performed in this country, and they are only performed if there are serious, non-rectifiable medical problems necessitating it.

All states have a limit on when elective abortions can be performed. Late term abortions are well beyond that limit, and therefore are only performed in SEVERE circumstances.

I can understand that except she should have defended it as such more. I am trying to take a few things in but it's to early to tell.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

We found out we were having a girl and were overjoyed. But our excitement lasted about five minutes. The sonographer turned to us and said, “I see something wrong with the baby’s heart. I’m concerned, and I’m going to leave the room. I’m going to speak with the doctor and will be back with the doctor.”

We learned that our daughter had one of the most severe heart defects there is. I saw a pediatric cardiologist that day too. When the doctor walked in, he was shaking like a leaf. When the pediatric cardiologist is shaking because he’s that nervous, you know you have a really severe case.

I prayed every day her heart would stop beating on its own so I wouldn’t have to make this decision. She had calcification on three of the four chambers of her heart. She had fetal hydrops, with a 99 percent mortality rate. We were told [that if she survived birth], she would struggle with a series of heart attacks, seizures, and strokes until one was strong enough to take her. She would struggle to eat and breathe, the most basic tasks in life. As a parent, I knew this wasn’t an existence I wanted for my child — from her first breath to her last, she would suffer. That was no quality of life. Life is more than a heart beating in a body.

Because of how far along I was, very few clinics could help me. In the state of Virginia, a woman seeking an abortion after 12 weeks must have it done in a hospital, and I didn’t even know what hospitals to reach out to because my care was all handled through the military. I had to start looking out of state to have the procedure done. I ended up having to travel all the way to New Jersey. We had to drive over 250 miles to get the care we needed. It was the first time I had ever been away from my daughter overnight — and my first time being away from her, I was losing my other daughter.

There was only one doctor at the clinic who performed abortions after 18 weeks, and there were more than 10 women there that day having advanced D&Es done.

www.yahoo.com...

Late term abortions aren't about some selfish woman changing her mind about the inconvenience of having a baby. Shame on you for assuming that. These are heart-wrenching decisions made by women who desperately want their babies, but for some unknown reason, "God" screwed it all up for them.

The spin for this is then she is not for people with disabilities. Simply getting them before they had a chance. Not funny but it is discriminative to the short lifes.

I can understand situations but I believe all life deserves a chance and we should all help one another more. I still do not like the way its going to be taken advantage of.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join