It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Hillary: "17 intel agencies say Putin hacked us."

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: tnhiker

This took 5 seconds. And was posted today. it might help www.esquire.com...

Addresses guccifer well.

Ultimately, more than two thousand confidential files from the DNC found their way to the public. Throughout the campaign, Guccifer maintained that he was the only person behind the hacking and leaking. "This is my personal project and I'm proud of it," he—or they—wrote in late June. But several sloppy mistakes soon revealed who was really behind the operation. The unraveling happened more quickly than anybody could have anticipated.

edit on 20-10-2016 by bknapple32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   
This one addresses well how it went down with Podesta.

www.politico.com...

Hillary Clinton campaign chairman John Podesta’s Gmail account was hacked by the same Russian intelligence-linked hackers that breached the DNC and the DCCC, researchers confirmed Thursday. Podesta unwittingly gave hackers access to his account by clicking a Bitly link that redirected him to a fake Google login page, where he entered his credentials. Read more: www.politico.com... Follow us: @politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: bknapple32

This took 5 seconds. And was posted today. it might help www.esquire.com...

Addresses guccifer well.

Ultimately, more than two thousand confidential files from the DNC found their way to the public. Throughout the campaign, Guccifer maintained that he was the only person behind the hacking and leaking. "This is my personal project and I'm proud of it," he—or they—wrote in late June. But several sloppy mistakes soon revealed who was really behind the operation. The unraveling happened more quickly than anybody could have anticipated.

Esquire? I already read that whole article while looking for quotes from our intelligence board. As I said earlier, there is no hard core proof, just supposition.

Russian intelligence likely began feeding hacked documents

From the link you gave, which also further details how sloppy the hacks initially were from fancy bear and guccifer.

Does Russia hack the US? Yes, more than likely. Does the US hack and monitor Russia? Yes, more than likely. The US has been busted before on this surveillance and data gathering.

Did Russia hack Podesta? Don't know, its a she said/he said thing. But my whole point, is if any of it has been altered or fabricated, as damning as some of it is, HRC would have done something by now, and she hasn't.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: bknapple32

You did not read the article. It was a repost of a NY Times and a FOX news article. Dismissing a source is ignorant unless you can disprove it.

In July the USIC had no proof. Now, she is saying 17 agencies becase there are 17 involved in the USIC but that does not mean they all came to the same conclusion. Show me 17 press releases from each one and it is true.

The 17 separate agencies did not independently declare Russia the perpetrator behind the hacks. Trump spokesman Steven Cheung said that this cuts against Clinton’s point, saying, "It is unlikely that all 16 of the agencies had looked independently at the Russian connection, which is what Clinton seemed to indicate." (Cheung said 16 agencies because he omitted the Office of the Director of National Intelligence from his count.)

Clapper is the spokeperson for the collective so that is why she said 17. Do you not also find it odd that they did not confirm it was Russia until October the DAY of the Podesta releases? It took them, all 17 agencies, 3 months to figure out the same methods were used as previous Russian hacks?

All of the above info comes from Politifact that I am sure you will agree with....

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   

a reply to: matafuchs

I trust knowing the 17 security agencies who stated this was Russia. not some random article on the internet posted and reposted from alt right sources...

Are you saying this about mediamatters?

not some random article on the internet posted and reposted from alt right sources...

At any rate, the article refers to a New York Times article.... not exactly a right wing blog.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   

www.politico.com...

Hillary Clinton campaign chairman John Podesta’s Gmail account was hacked by the same Russian intelligence-linked hackers that breached the DNC and the DCCC, researchers confirmed Thursday. Podesta unwittingly gave hackers access to his account by clicking a Bitly link that redirected him to a fake Google login page, where he entered his credentials. Read more: www.politico.com... Follow us: @politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook

Aside from the fact politico has been caught flat out lying?

matches one the hacker group “Fancy Bear” has employed

Matches. Tactics matched. And honestly, if what they are saying is true, he didn't even get hacked, he got phished by a script kiddie.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   

And again I say- two weeks before the election, her camp has more important things to do. Shed either have to have a few interns (even highly trusted ones) go through ALL of Jon Podesta's emails. And they have TO KEEP DOING IT BECAUSE THEY ARE RELEASED ONCE A DAY. If these emails caused her to be down 10 in the polls, Id agree she needs to do something if she felt like winning an election. But shes not down 10, shes up 7-12 points. So why now? Why divert time and attention away from making sure she nabs a couple red states right out from under trump?

I will say this. Im with ya on wanting to know the bottom of it all.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: tnhiker

www.politico.com...

Aside from the fact politico has been caught flat out lying?

matches one the hacker group “Fancy Bear” has employed

Matches. Tactics matched. And honestly, if what they are saying is true, he didn't even get hacked, he got phished by a script kiddie.

The fact he was phished by a script kiddie is the scariest thing, I'll admit.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   
ah screw it
edit on R292016-10-20T13:29:04-05:00k2910Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: bknapple32

The emails are not being reported by any of the major outlets. They are more concerned with making Trump a woman hater or an islamophobe. Her campaign is on cruise control right now but there are 20 days where anything can happen.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Looks like Hillary *STILL* doesn't understand what classified means.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard
a reply to: JinMI

She said the "17 intelligence agencies" were BOTH GOVERNMENTAL AND CORPORATE - so I don't think she was talking about ALL of the agencies named in the Politifact article. I think she was talking about the cyber-sleuth groups as well, that are contracted by the agencies.

I think Politifact should look a little deeper into what she said.

I posted the joint report of which her statement was derived. Whether or not she was citing those 17 or not is a bit of a mystery. Given the sources used however, this is best bet.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: windword

Would these be the same intelligence services who routinely invade the privacy of citizens of their own nation, en masse and without proper due process being involved? Would these be the same intelligence services who have essentially robbed the people of the free world, of their liberty while using the net?

Would these be the same individuals who supported the false pretense for war in Iraq?

Because if so, I would have some severe reservations about trusting a damned word out of any of their mouths, without some pretty hefty evidence being publicised, rather than merely hinted at. You know, facts, that the people can independently verify for themselves, rather than insinuation and implication.

Bravo True Brit and let me buy you a few pints!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join