It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Using Ignore is for the weak of mind.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Well Gaz why wouldn't ATS be here in 40 years?
Are you saying there will be no more paranoid people afraid the big bad government is out to get them? No more alien sghtings? If anything as technology increases I expect to see more conspiracy theories not less. Unless Simon decides he is no longer interested in maintaing this site and even then I am sure someone else would take it over.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I’ve never found the need to use the ignore button. The scroll bar works just as well. Putting someone on your ignore list and telling them about it, well that is just childish taunting. (naaah, naaah,, you can’t get me! )

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I have to admit I have been so tempted to use the ignore button on maybe 2 people -- but was saved when they went and got themselves banned.
But I'm glad to hear that there is an un-ignore button just in case I ever decided to ignore someone --

But I would never u2u them to tell them -- heck that would just get them writing to you thru the u2u's (or are they ignored there also??) ...... Now that would be beyond horrible

jm

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Marg I could care less whether anyone likes me or not. This isn't about me or the weakminded people who ignore me. This is about the principle of ignoring anyone at all. Why ignore someone at all when, by that very action, you are embracing ignorance ( Ignornce of what that person is saying at the very least)

Marg I can't think of anything off the top of my head that you have said that I do agree with, but I have not hit ignore on you because I hold on to the posiibility that you might say something I consider intelligent one day. I am not saying that as an insult as I am sure you are just as intelligent as anyone else, I just havent seen you post anything other your standard "bush is evil and/or stupid" posts. However while I disagree with you completely my opinion of you is much higher than many of the Bush bashers here. At least you are a US ctizen and a Voter.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 10:41 AM
link   
mwm1331

Thanks for you answer, I kind of felt that you were bitter in anyway about being ignore or the U2Us you received, you know the ignore button is good in a way that sometimes you get some member that will follow your post all over the board and you notice that it will only quote you.

Yes is members that will do that in a very nice and debatable way, and is quite a nice to have a debated like that.

But sometimes is just following you to make a mockery of what you post, instead of an intelligent answer is just mock what you post.

Now that is a time when I will have not problem on ignoring their butt.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Nah I'm not bitter t all. I actually found the idea of someone u2uing me to tell me they were ignoring me quite amusng.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Perhaps using the ingnore button on everyone that disagreed with me would be the sign of a weak mind....but, I have used it only once since I signed on. ( So maybe you could give me a bit of slack...my mind is only a little weak?)
And then it was not because of disagreeing with me, but because they did some name calling and insulting because I did not agree with them!! How weak was that of them??

Plus, I have now decided that particular person was a troll, anyway...well deserving of the ignore. Now they cannot achieve the 'getting under my skin', and causing me to lose my composure...which was their objective. (In fact, it gave me a bit of satisfaction....much like the 'crushing their head' comedy bit ! Ha ! Take that!.....instant peace and quiet! )

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I agree. I haven't put anyone on ignore status, not even Edsinger

Debating is fun, even if you are debating a whack job (not referring to Edsinger....;-)

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Funny, I can see the topic but there don't appear to be any post in this thread.....

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by mwm1331
I understand where you are comming from Valhall, but in truth even those who meet the criteria you just layed out do on ocassion post something of interest. I mean by clicking ignore you are ensuring that if that particualr troll ever does say anything intelligent you won't hear it. I guess what i am trying to say is aren't you also reducing your own opportunities?

I might get a warning for this, but so be it. I can see people putting you on ignore MWM, because all you do is attack people. I've dealt with you in a few posts, and honestly I can't stand you. Now before you climb on your high horse, listen to me. You insulted me and my family with your condescending attacks about my sister in laws husbands death. You preach to no end as if you are the only person who is intelligent (which, honestly I think you have confused with IGNORANCE).

Your closed mindness drives me up a wall. I feel like if we in a bar talking and you chimed in with your "opinion" me and you would wind up outside....
I completely understand whoever whould put you on ignore. The only reason I havent yet, is you make laugh with the crap you spew.

MODS_ Im ready for the 250 deduction if neccesary. Im done with this now

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by mwm1331
Nah I'm not bitter t all. I actually found the idea of someone u2uing me to tell me they were ignoring me quite amusng.

You are quite "amusing" when not debating,

Yes that is my motto, finding things amusing.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I use the ignore button on people im likely to loose my temper with and bark obscenities at. Saves my points you see, otherwise i would be heavily in the minus right now. The fact you made this thread after you have been put on other peoples ignore lists leads me to the conclusion this is nothing but an attack on those people to make yourself feel better about the rejection.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I really dont see how the ignore button can be equated to ignorance, but maybe thats just me. If every post someone makes inflames you and you get the desire to toss in a completely off topic reply just to flame the living crap out of them, then wouldnt it be in the interest of board manners and quality to put them on ignore till you either can view thier posts without getting ticked off, or permantly if there is such a conflict of personality that getting along just isint possible. To be honest there have been times I've had to exercise use of the ignore feature to prevent myself from a course of events which would have surely led to my banning; is that ignorance or dealing with a bad situation in the best possible manner?

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I've never put anyone on ignore. If I don't want to read someone's post, I don't. Simple as that. I've never had anyone send me a U2U saying that they have me on ignore either (probably because everyone loves the Pixy Baby
). Either that or I haven't been obnoxious enough to warrant it - yet

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 02:13 PM
link   
u2u'ing someone you ignored is a little odd, I use it for the posters who have that message that tells me my IP adress etc, its annoying to me. I don't believe that makes me weak minded, however....

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I have put 2 people on ignore permanently...till they got themselves banned

EnergyWave and his accomplice. heh only people I felt the need to actually ignore permanently some people I put on temporarily because I was starting to get in a Flaming kinda mood but I usually take them off after I've cooled down a bit...

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 03:23 PM
link   
i don't use the ignore button either............i just ignore the post.......if its offensive and inflammatory..........i just move right on past it.

there are some hills worth dying on and some not worth it.........if someone disagrees with me...........SUPER DUDE and i have lovely verbal sparring matches
that's fine...........and i'll debate with him or anyone else anytime..........that's great brain work!!

but if someones just blathering on and on and being totally offensive.......i just blow past their post and don't flatter them with any kind of a response.......

but that's just ME!

angie

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Well, MWM, I disagree with 99% of what you state here on ATS. But I enjoy reading your posts. I enjoy reading a viewpoint that is opposite of my own.

If all the people I disagreed with were on my ignore list, I would just end up argueing with myself.

More power to ya' MWM!

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I don't think that using ignore means that we are weak-minded. It just means that we don't have to be distracted by puerile statements if we would rather not. I havent ignored anyone yet but I've been tempted.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Spliff - IMHO your sister in law deserved what she got. If you wanna take it as an insult go ahead. I am secure enough with myself not be concerned with your opinion
dbates - " "

Marg - I try
Merc - I dont consider it rejection. Even if i did why would the fact that someone on an anonymous web page rejected me bother me? None of you people are more than text on a screen.
Pisky - I dont love the pisky baby, but you are funny sometimes. Allthough I must admit your avatar freaks me out.
Nathraq - one of the reasons I am on this board is beacause by its very nature I am going to disagree with 99% of the people here. So I get where you are comming from

But my point remains, by hitting ignore aren't you in essence giving that person control over what you see and dont see at least to a limited extent? By allowing someone to get under your skin that much aren't you allowing them to win?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join