It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Cop saves toddlers life. Just awesome.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: eNumbra

People should be reminded cops aren't monsters.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: eNumbra
News flash: Cop does job with his first responder training.

Call me when a toddler saves a cops life.

I assume you've never yelled, "Breathe, please, please breathe!" to someone you love who died unexpectedly in front of your eyes.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: ksiezyc

How weird must I be that I understand that singular cops are responsible for their actions, that one man doesn't speak for the actions of the rest of them?

But that's the rub though isn't it? In the perpetual pro-cop, anti-cop war being waged, that is the constant refrain; that the actions of a few don't denote the actions of the rest. If that's true, then doesn't one hero cop not speak towards the actions of the rest? #notallcops, no?

originally posted by: Zerodoublehero

originally posted by: Zerodoublehero

For some of us its nice to see someone helping out another person. Take your negative attitude somewhere els.

Problem is; people, including some on ATS would use stories like this to counter any claims of corruption or impropriety. I don't care because this shouldn't be news, this isn't news, it's a man being a #ing human being.

Maybe everyone bar is too low these days.It's

No one is using it to counter anything. It actually sheds some light onto some of the good stuff police officers do on a daily basis. But it doesnt fit into your narrative of all cops being murderers so it's not news worthy. Right

More black and white assumptions, I must hate all cops because I didn't drop to my knees and worship this one?

As I stated above, if single instances of brutality and corruption can be dismissed so easily, why not heroism? How are the actions of one good cop any more relevant to the discussion than that of any one bad cop?

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

I assume you've never yelled, "Breathe, please, please breathe!" to someone you love who died unexpectedly in front of your eyes.

And I assume you've never made a post without resorting to a logical fallacy; now we've both made assumptions.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 09:53 PM
link   

You don't know the first thing about me, but I can't stand being praised when all I did was "my job". I feel it's obnoxious and an indication of incredibly low expectations - which I find disrespectful.

You are correct, I know very little about you, so I'm going off of what I see in your very disrespectful comment about this officer. Using your logic, you could say that it's a parent's job to protect their child, and since they aren't the ones who saved this boy's life, does that mean that they didn't do their job and should be berated as well?

Job or not, saving a life is a commendable, respectable thing to do, and no one knows this more than doctors, surgeons, and first responders across the board--the majority of whom don't want or expect praise for their actions. To treat someone who does this with seeming contempt because they are 'just doing their job' is a pretty pathetic approach to life in general, and since I don't know anything about you, this is all I have to go on.

Anyone who belittles someone who saves a human life deserves contempt, IMO.

And this post isn't about you doing your job, it was about someone else saving a life. Unless this is you in the video, let's not make it about you.
edit on 20-10-2016 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

You could not have said it any better slap, well put my friend.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: ksiezyc

In case they forget ?

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Enumbra,

I understand your sentiments and to a certain extant share them. But I've learned in life, reluctantly I might add, that it's very important to praise good behavior, even if that behavior is something that we believe just should happen. Sometimes if we want to change behavior or encourage/discourage certain behavior we might even have to look for occasion to praise, if only because that praise makes our criticism/correction more effective. Giving full value to the good we see, regardless of who performs it, also tends to help us develop a more balanced and accurate perspective.

Regards,

Billy

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

To counter the ideologically created narrative that all cops are bad--the narrative that permeates ignorant people's views of police officers in America.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: imwilliam

Enumbra,

I understand your sentiments and to a certain extant share them. But I've learned in life, reluctantly I might add, that it's very important to praise good behavior, even if that behavior is something that we believe just should happen. Sometimes if we want to change behavior or encourage/discourage certain behavior we might even have to look for occasion to praise, if only because that praise makes our criticism/correction more effective. Giving full value to the good we see, regardless of who performs it, also tends to help us develop a more balanced and accurate perspective.

Regards,

Billy

Fair enough; now if we could work on getting that balance right though.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 01:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

To counter the ideologically created narrative that all cops are bad--the narrative that permeates ignorant people's views of police officers in America.

Lets face it, it is not only the police who get labeled with blanket statements, we have blm, muslims and a whole host of others that are scrutinized under the same brush....it is more of a mindset and not specific to any one group...
edit on 21-10-2016 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 01:34 AM
link   
a reply to: scubagravy

Apparently breathing into the patient is no longer in the official process of CPR, i tend to disagree. Just 100 compression per minute now.

So they eventually brought that in . I am out of date by six months or more . Personally they still get a breath from me .

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 04:08 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

it makes sense hey.. bit more oxygen.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
Lets face it, it is not only the police who get labeled with blanket statements, we have blm, muslims and a whole host of others that are scrutinized under the same brush....it is more of a mindset and not specific to any one group...

This is true, but this thread is about a cop, not every group that gets labeled and stereotyped in the entire world, hence my commenting about LEOs.

Some stereotyping is necessary in the world--not all is bad--but when there's such a pervasive negative stereotype against a group of people who willingly put themselves in harm's way with the general intent to protect we civilians, that's a bit different than stereotyping, say, BLM, who willingly creates their own public perception at their own bidding. LEOs are often forced to do things that they would rather not do based on the actions of others directed directly toward their person.

While I understand your point, this isn't an apples-to-apples comparison. But, yes, the mindset of the person who is willing to always negatively stereotype every group of people is a major problem--one that does not seem to be going away any time soon, sadly enough.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

I'm still with you on that, too, but you must make sure that the airway is clear first--if not, giving breaths could lodge an object further into one's throat. I'm guessing that's why they made the change, but I could be wrong, as I've never investigated the reasoning behind getting rid of the breaths. To me, though, it does seem like you'd want to get that oxygen in there to be distributed to the blood that you're trying to keep circulating through the body, ya know?

I was CPR-certified when I was 13--I'm 37 now. I'm guessing quite a bit has changed. I still know what to do, I'm just no longer certified.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Ithink the reasoning behind it is the compression's expel most of the air in the lungs , as they expand again new air is drawn in .

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 08:05 AM
link   
If this was about a cop beating a young boy then it would be all over the front pages of ATS and MSM. Yet because this isn't a police bashing thread it will get hardly any attention from anyone

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: ThePeaceMaker

Black kid police would search for drugs, refuse cpr because laws prevented them from assisting, family goes to prison.

Who wants to see more than one example? Show hands.

Eta : one of two kids died
edit on 21-10-2016 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join