It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Cop saves toddlers life. Just awesome.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Well this is a hard to watch video of a cop in Granbury Texas saving the life of a 3 year old boy.

Cop pulls up and gets out to a distraught mother carrying a completely limp toddler and he just jumps into action and grabs the kid, lays him down and starts chest compression.

And after some very tense and hard to watch moments the baby takes a breath.

AWESOME.

Give that guy a medal .

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 06:08 AM
link   
a reply to: goou111

Give that guy a medal .

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Awesome story among all of today's garbage. Thank you for sharing. star and a flag.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Nice to see something positive around here for a change. A star for you (and the cop) good sir!

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 06:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Skeletonized

Well played by the officer...

Just to add : Apparently breathing into the patient is no longer in the official process of CPR, i tend to disagree. Just 100 compression per minute now.

Just finished my refresher Senior first aid course yesty... for the 16th time. First Aid course here in Aus has to be renewed every three years, CPR every 12 months @ $75 bucks a pop....

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Well done officer!

Nice to see some positive policing for once.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Scary stuff. Parent's worst nightmare. Glad the little guy is ok. No word on what caused him to stop breathing? At 3, he's too old for SIDS.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 06:49 AM
link   
What happened that the kid stopped breathing in the first place if you dont mind me asking.?

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: scubagravy

are " rescue breaths "official policy - seems to be YMMV

here [ the UK ]

the " hands only " CPR campaign is aimed at the general public - to encourage them to take SOME action rather than just watch the corpse cool

all the courses // refreshers i have done - and the official policies of numerous bodies is that for trained responders :

rescue breaths should still be done - if they do not cause any obvious additional risk to the patient or responder

the assesor on my last reffressher made the comment :

" if you [ course graduates ] declined to give rescue breaths - i would expect a dammed good reason why not "

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 07:25 AM
link   
News flash: Cop does job with his first responder training.

Call me when a toddler saves a cops life.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

So we concur.... i believe in breaths.

We are just told that medically its not needed by the trainers.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: scubagravy

I believe the rescue breathes can lead to other complications when there are tears in the lung wall and other hidden injuries. Only a trained responder would notice the signs. Also mouth to mouth breathes are discouraged by non professionals over the risk of bodily fluid transfer, ie, blood, saliva, bile, etc. (some poisons are transmissable through mouth to mouth contact)

Not that any of that would or should stop anyone from helping. However, from an official standpoint, when writing out the standard procedure for CPR/first response, these things should be noted and understood.

Great job. Officer.

edit on 20-10-2016 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: eNumbra

For some of us its nice to see someone helping out another person. Take your negative attitude somewhere els.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   

It is always news worthy when a child's life is saved. I think all police should pass a first responder course. It would ensure the idiots don't get through.

You should def be harsh on police when they do wrong, but you also need to praise them when they do well.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: eNumbra

I can see that you're a real sweetheart in real life.

His job or not, he saved a life. Give us the story/stories of the time that you've done something so great for someone else.

If not, STFU and move on.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Nice to see a positive story for a change.

And shows how important education in CPR/First aid is.

I would advise everyone to do a course (even refreshers from time to time).
A couple of hours well invested if you are able to save lifes.

Even if you dont want to, take some minutes to watch a video about it.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   

I think the parents and this little boy just made a friend for life.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zerodoublehero

For some of us its nice to see someone helping out another person. Take your negative attitude somewhere els.

Problem is; people, including some on ATS would use stories like this to counter any claims of corruption or impropriety. I don't care because this shouldn't be news, this isn't news, it's a man being a #ing human being.

Maybe everyone bar is too low these days.It's

originally posted by: Woodcarver

It is always news worthy when a child's life is saved. I think all police should pass a first responder course. It would ensure the idiots don't get through.

You should def be harsh on police when they do wrong, but you also need to praise them when they do well.

Good cop! bad cop! Don't pee in the cruiser!

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

I can see that you're a real sweetheart in real life.

His job or not, he saved a life. Give us the story/stories of the time that you've done something so great for someone else.

If not, STFU and move on.

You don't know the first thing about me, but I can't stand being praised when all I did was "my job". I feel it's obnoxious and an indication of incredibly low expectations - which I find disrespectful.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zerodoublehero

Problem is; people, including some on ATS would use stories like this to counter any claims of corruption or impropriety. I don't care because this shouldn't be news, this isn't news, it's a man being a #ing human being.

Maybe everyone bar is too low these days.It's

No one is using it to counter anything. It actually sheds some light onto some of the good stuff police officers do on a daily basis. But it doesnt fit into your narrative of all cops being murderers so it's not news worthy. Right

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   

I don't care because this shouldn't be news, this isn't news, it's a man being a #ing human being.

No this is a man being a hero.. Cop or no cop.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join