It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mudra Mnemonics

page: 1

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 04:44 AM
link   
In this thread I am going to pull together something that came about while listening to a you tube music video. While watching the video I saw the mudra hand gestures being used to convey a silent message or a form of communication, albeit it was meant for a spiritual type of communication. It made me begin to research into the age old practices of using the hands to speak and how each movement relays different messages and or can portray various emotions and feelings depending on how the hands are placed in accordance to the “speakers” body as well as to the “receivers” body. I am then going to explain a crazy thought process it led me toward when it reminded me of an alien abduction story I had recently learned about that also dealt with an alphabet or language or type of communication being taught utilizing the hands. I am going to point out how it appears to me that mnemonics are being used in both the mudra techniques as well as the alien abduction teachings to memorize languages and or communicate.

A mudra is a seal or mark or hand gesture, a spiritual gesture, an energetic seal used for spiritual practices. The word seal is important here, because it implies something that keeps something secret. It also impresses itself onto and this brings me to mnemonics. If we seal or impress the gestures by acting them out using the hands we have formed a sort of energetic/spiritual type of mnemonic memory. This practice is nothing new, mudra practices date back to antiquity. They are used for meditation, healing and centering energy in the human body. If you are not familiar with the practice I recommend that you go read up on the history of mudra’s to obtain a preliminary and good background for further consideration of this thread.

So your probably wondering which music video made me go thinking about all of this stuff, I will briefly give you the video and the time marks of where to look at just a couple of the hand gestures being used in this particular video. The video has quite a few by the way, but I am only going to point out two of them for your review. I may not be interpreting the gestures correctly, as I am new at this and don’t know much about it. But I did search and try to find the known mudra gestures that I felt matched to the video. Those of you educated in the practice, You may disagree and or correct.

I was watching a new 1R music video, KIDS, when I noticed the hand symbolism being used by Ryan Tedder throughout the video. He clearly appears to be using mudra hand symbolism.

At the :28 mark in the video, we see Tedder approach his friend. While arranging his left hand in a somewhat palm down fashion, and swinging his right arm upward and around, his right hand palm comes up during the motion. Are we seeing the varada mudra here ? Not sure because I think the left hand is turned the wrong way.

Varada Mudra means compassion, generosity, mercy and wish granting. The granting of wishes for those who are open to the teachings of Buddishm.

At the :34 mark, we see Tedder clasping his hands together with the fingers interlocked, however the two pointer fingers appear to be losely interlocked. Could this be the Gebaku mudra, which means ones vow to become enlightened. It also symbolizes the heart and compassion.

When I look up the definition of Mudra (Dance) we can see some information of great significance. I choose the mudra (dance) definition in regards to the music video being reviewed. Take a look at the little quote/chant/poem below. To me there is no mistaking that this is clearly a type of mnemonics using the hands/mind/feelings. The hand gesture is acted out, the mind follows and a memory is formed, a feeling is attached which seals it. I will more clearly describe further along why I feel this ties into the alien abduction teachings, but I think it will become clear once you learn more about the alien abduction teachings.

"Yato hastastato drishtihi"..."Where the hand is, the eyes follow"
"Yato drishtistato manaha"..."Where the eyes go, the mind follows"
"Yato manastato bhavaha"..."Where the mind is, there is the feeling"
"Yato bhavastato rasaha"..."Where there is feeling, there is mood/flavour, sweetness”

mudra(dance)

Ok, enough of the mudra. We are now going to take a look at mnemonics. First, because I think it relates, we will take a quick glance at cheironomy which is used in music, the importance of cheironomy is in how the hand signs indicate melodic curves and ornaments. Before music was written down on sheet music, musical directors used cheironomy to direct music with the hands. It is important because everyone memorized their musical expectations by watching the composers hands. Now we will also look at the basic definition of mnemonics which will lead us into the alien abduction teachings. Please take a moment to refresh or teach yourselves on the two definitions below before proceeding to the alien teachings story so that you will clearly be able to see where this is leading.

Cheironomy is hand signals used in music performance (an ancient practice), which again took me back to the 1R performance. Cheironomy (or Chironomy) is the use of hand signals to direct vocal / music performance. Whereas in modern conducting the notes are already specified in a written score, in cheironomy the hand signs indicate melodic curves and ornaments.
Cheironomy

Mnemonic (originating from ancient greek) deals with a technique for memory retention. One ancient example of a mnemonic technique using the hands, is the Knuckle mnemonic. The hand knuckles are a representation of the number of days in each month of the Gregorian Calendar. Each knuckle represents a 31-day month. Here we see a-lot of data compacted into something much smaller, the hand knuckles, to convey and memorize a much larger concept.

A mnemonic (RpE: /nəˈmɒnᵻk/,[1] AmE: /nɛˈmɑːnɪk/ the first "m" is silent) device, or memory device is any learning technique that aids information retention in the human memory.

Mnemonic

Now your probably wondering what my point of the thread is besides my pointing out some neat little tricky hand maneuvers that create some mysticism or good music, well it made me think about another topic on the alien abduction encounters of Jim Sparks that I've been reading about. Many of you may already know his story. He has an alien abduction story that is very similar to those we have heard or read about over and over again. The reason his story was interesting to me and stood out as otherwise different is because he explains that some type of alien language was being taught to him by the abductors. I don’t recall any other story which makes this claim. He explains that on a typical abduction, he would first be shown beautiful Earth images and we all know that the beauty of Earth usually invokes a good feeling or an array of happy feelings and emotions. Then his captors flip a coin and begin showing him the destruction of Earth type images and so in reverse this elicits bad feelings and emotions in an individual.

edit on 20-10-2016 by leolady because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Next his captors/teachers would begin some type of alphabet lesson with him. He goes on to explain that he would be shown the letter A and would then have to trace with his finger some squiggly line symbol, he felt this was an alien representation of the letter A. He also explained that there were rewards given after he successfully traced the symbols. The rewards offered were of two categories: Lust & Power. He got to choose the category of which his reward would come.

Jim goes on to explain how they taught him by reading a 50 page document about the life of someone he already knew, using normal English along with their corresponding symbols. It documented the life of this person from childhood onward and even into the future. Next they had him read a small paragraph of just their symbols and he immediately recognized that this small paragraph was the same exact story of this persons life, just compacted and fit neatly into this tidy little paragraph instead of 50 some pages. Finally they showed him a grouping of under 10 symbols placed together and it too told the same exact story of the person’s life, just in an even more compacted way. What ! ? How is this done ? Similar to our shorthand ? I am convinced Mnemonics are at play here.

He also explains that all of it was done Telepathically. Even weirder.

I kept wondering why would he need to be shown Earth Beauty vs Earth Destruction which creates strong emotional reactions in him ? Then he is taught shapes by using his hands, and they superficially appear to coincide with our alphabet letters ? Why does he then get to choose rewards that also deal with deep rooted and powerful emotions ? Lust & Power

So I thought could it be that the symbol which in our mind represents the letter A, now in turn doesn’t only represent a A in their telepathic language, but it now also represents a whole gamut of emotions, feelings, meanings/definitions tied to it. Remember the mudra(music) poem from above ? It appears that mnemonics are being taught using these principles. I will break it down following the poem of mudra(music) in the way I see a connection.

The hands - used to trace the symbols in this scenario the squiggly shapes
The eyes - follow the hands, the hands grab the attention of the eyes which activates the mind
The mind - opens up and pays attention, imprints begin
The feeling - seals the memory so that data is retained

In this scenario we see the captive doing exercises with his hands learning to make these symbols that have meaning/feelings (seals) attached to them. Superficially it looks to us like they are teaching him their alphabet in equivalence to ours, but I think its more than that. It is an alphabet with a-lot of other data inserted into each “letter” or “symbol”. A form of mnemonics with the exception that this time, if you believe his claim, it is all done telepathically.

If you believe in any of this abduction stuff in the first place… were his abductors teaching him their symbols using a form of mnemonics in order for his telepathy doorways to open up ?

If your sending a message telepathically how are you doing it ? Are you not only sending the words your thinking about, but also the feelings and emotions and definition of the word along with it ? Wouldn’t you need to keep it short so that your not sitting for an hour or more trying to portray telepathically what it is your trying to communicate ?

My purely hypothetical thoughts on this bring me to the hippocampus.
The hippocampus

Humans and other mammals have two hippocampi, one in each side of the brain. It belongs to the limbic system and plays important roles in the consolidation of information from short-term memory to long-term memory and spatial navigation. The hippocampus is located under the cerebral cortex;[1] and in primates it is located in the medial temporal lobe, underneath the cortical surface.

How could someone telepathically talk to me ? Perhaps by changing the hippocampal theta rhythm someone could send rhythms to the hippocampus that communicates ? Each rhythm takes a special squiggly shape and it is packed full of data ?

Could perhaps, the theta rhythm be the weird squigglies that Jim Sparks had been taught ? Or something along those lines ? A direct connection into the theta rhythm of the hippocampal in order to communicate in a new language, a telepathic language ?

I am adding some backup material that does indeed backup the role that our scientists have theorized / concluding that theta rhythms do indeed play a role in mnemonic function of the hippocampus.

THE ROLE OF THE THETA RHYTHM OF

THE HIPPOCAMPUS IN MEMORY Although theta has been implicated in several func- tions including arousal (Green & Arduini, 1954) and recently sensorimotor integration (Bland & Colom, 1993; Bland & Oddie, 2001), the prevailing view is that theta serves a critical role in mnemonic functions of the hippocampus

They stated that their findings “point to a possible link between the naturally occurring theta rhythm and the development of synaptic changes of the type needed for memory storage”

Theta Rhythm of the Hippocampus

This is an exert from wiki on the Papez Circuit which details a discussion of the theta waves in the hippocampus: Theta waves are used to measure activity in mainly the hippocampus but can be used to measure other brain regions as well. Strong synchronization of theta waves in the hippocampus and anterior ventral thalamus has been observed. Although theta waves between the hippocampus and the anterior dorsal and anterior medial regions in the thalamus showed no synchronization, scientists have seen a marked increase in firing rates of the neurons in the brain regions.[4] Overall, based on theta wave experimentation, some components of the Papez circuit have shown to indeed have a connection and work together. Also, theta waves are thought to be linked to learning and memory. Consequently, many scientists believe that the Papez circuit is involved with memory because of theta wave experiments. Some scientists have narrowed it down to specifically spatial and episodic memory.[5][6]

The Papez circuit involves various structures of the brain. It begins and ends with the hippocampus.
Papez Circuit

Projections that synapse into the thalmus

Projections of the Thalmus

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 04:55 AM
link   
I really don't know enough to make absolute claims on the hippocampus stuff. Maybe we have some experts who can come forward and discuss if they believe this would be possible. If true, I do believe that mnemonics were being utilized in the Jim Sparks abductions. Do I believe his captors were alien, not necessarily. Having made this connection with mnemonics, I believe his captors very well could have been and probably were human. I begin to think of all the experimental programs that have been done on humans through out history. We are still finding out about the claims and details of a-lot of these secret programs and see that there is evidence and proof that something did happen to these people, all without their consent. Why could this not be another example of a similar program occurring ? While this is not the main focus of my thread, I felt the need to express it. The main purpose of this thread was the connection I made of the possible utilization of mnemonics being used for memory retention in the abduction story. Mnemonics is a powerful tool and aid in training the mind to remember.

I don’t typically use this method to remember things intentionally, however I know that a-lot of systems do use it and we don’t even realize it is set up for us as a training tool already. I am already seeing it used in the school teachings that my children are going through at school. I also believe that we all do it to some degree without even realizing it. It can be sub-conscious. I believe that we all build upon our own personal internal language using mnemonics subconsciously and it all starts from birth and is imprinted into each of us. No one’s is the same. An example of this would be, the first time I sat down and had a cup of hot cocoa. Not only did I enjoy the taste of the hot chocolate, but everything going on around me was memorized inside that wonderfully delicious cup of hot chocolate that I was very much enjoying at that moment in time. The data was sealed into my mind at that exact moment. A cup of hot chocolate became much much more than a delicious sweet hot treat and a warm fuzzy feeling that I will always have when I sit down for another cup. For those of you wondering what other stuff comes with that cup of hot cocoa: Lets say that each marsh-mellow in that hot cup of cocoa represents all of the data I’m taking in [is it sunny outside, what does the cocoa smell like, what color is it, how does it feel to the touch, who is around me, am I in a good mood or sad, am I hungry, who is talking to me…] and it is being sealed by the hot cocoa (my happy delicious warm feeling seals the data) and imprinted into my memory. Look at all those marsh-mellows, that is a-lot of data going on all at once don’t you think ? It is now all compacted into a little cup of hot yummy hot cocoa.

One last tidbit, how does the cup of hot cocoa fit into our mudra mnemonic poem ?

The hands - used to pick up the cup of hot cocoa and drink

The eyes - follow the hands, the hands grab the attention of the eyes which activates the mind.

The mind - opens up and pays attention, imprints begin. Every thing going on while drinking this cup of cocoa is recorded into the mind.

The feeling - seals the memory so that data is retained, that happy warm delicious feeling seals the memories.

leolady

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Hand gestures can be used to deflect attention, too. Or for deception.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Please be careful with Murdus, I accidentally caused a little bit of a kundalini experience when first encountering and trying to use them. I'm not an expert in them, not by far, but there power is serious.

I will re read your thread when I have time to give it more respect that just a quick skimming, but put it simply: If I dont speak English, and you dont speak my language, but I have a bag of oranges; how will you let me know you want one (or more) of my produce?.

Speaking with the hands is so universal, even different nations "sign language" can be understood universally, also by people not knowing how to sign.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Very interesting Leolady,a few things immediately came to mind when seeing the title and reading through.
The first is a film called "johnny mnemonic" which pretty much centres around memory storage.
The other is johnny depps portrayal of captain jack sparrow in the pirates of the carribean films,he uses an awful lot of strange hand jestures throughout,might be interesting to look at those perhaps.

Great post

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   
might be of interest
Kuji-kiri
en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 20-10-2016 by kibric because: boo

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Yep. Like slight of hand used in magic.

leolady

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: PBL666

Please be careful with Murdus, I accidentally caused a little bit of a kundalini experience when first encountering and trying to use them. I'm not an expert in them, not by far, but there power is serious.

Interesting. If i start practicing with mudras, what will I be able to do ? You sound as if you were not happy about your kundalini experience, can you explain a bit more.

I will re read your thread when I have time to give it more respect that just a quick skimming, but put it simply: If I dont speak English, and you dont speak my language, but I have a bag of oranges; how will you let me know you want one (or more) of my produce?.

With the hands of course

leolady
edit on 20-10-2016 by leolady because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: TravelleOn

Very interesting Leolady,a few things immediately came to mind when seeing the title and reading through.

The first is a film called "johnny mnemonic" which pretty much centres around memory storage.

The other is johnny depps portrayal of captain jack sparrow in the pirates of the carribean films,he uses an awful lot of strange hand jestures throughout,might be interesting to look at those perhaps.

Thanks !

I'm gona have to re-watch both movies now.

When I was talking about this to someone recently, in regards to a music video and they said that they believe the singers/dancers are using the hand gestures as a mnemonic to memorize their dance moves. So same could go for the movie. Maybe its so they can memorize the lines and moves. I am adding both movies to my list to re-watch.

leolady

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: kibric

might be of interest Kuji-kiri

Ooh Thanks for pointing me here. I like how they lay it out on a grid. Being that mudras deal with energy, it reminds me of an energy grid.

leolady

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 12:24 AM
link   
a reply to: leolady

I was not expecting it, completely un-prepared for it and kinda freaked out by it. I did not know what was happening and I had to do some research to find out what I was going thru. Now I miss the music, but I dont know if "I'm ready" to try again for an awakening.

I didnt experience a full awakening, but what was happening was chimes would sound when I moved, like I had wind chimes attached to me. There is more but this was the most tangible, saying that I was "glowing" really doesnt add much. Things appearing out of nowhere, dancing dust, invisible mice, how do you describe these things if they are not happening before you?.

It was one of the most bizarre experiences of my life, and I was glad it stopped because I was seriously worried about my mental health. Having had the chance to read more and understand what went on, I know that was not just a bit of tinnitus... and hallucinations.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 04:53 AM
link   
a reply to: PBL666

I accidentally caused a little bit of a kundalini experience when first encountering and trying to use them.

Hearing chimes, that is interesting. Do you remember which mudras you were practicing when this kundalini awakening happened to you ?

leolady

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: leolady

Yep. Like slight of hand used in magic.

leolady

When politicians and news casters are speaking, too. Hand gestures deflect attention from the spoken word, also "sleight of hand".

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   

When I was talking about this to someone recently, in regards to a music video and they said that they believe the singers/dancers are using the hand gestures as a mnemonic to memorize their dance moves. So same could go for the movie. Maybe its so they can memorize the lines and moves. I am adding both movies to my list to re-watch.

leolady

Expanding on hand gestures, forms are used as a mnemonic technique in martial arts.

"Forms then are the physical equivalent of music. A form contains packets of kinesthetic information such as posture, balance, center of gravity, movement, fluidity, and the transmission of kinetic energy. By learning forms one also memorizes the dozens of combat techniques of which it is comprised. And like the tales sung by bards, martial arts forms have also transmitted this information down through dozens and perhaps hundreds of generations."

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: leolady

Sorry, I dont know the names I tried a few. I found a site that has some examples, this (below) I think is the one that gave me an increased spiritual? energy, but I cant make any judgment as I was completely new to the concept when trying them. I used mudras both in combination with meditation and yoga. This linked mudra I (due to an injury) cant perform when doing yoga, but the feeling it gave when meditating with it, if its not the cause of the experience, its certainly one that facilitates flows both chi and atman:

www.eclecticenergies.com...

Sorry for the #ty link, but I gust used the first relevant page on google that shows this.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Michet

Thanks for pointing me toward this information, it was very similar to what I have touched on. I especially liked this part that went into mnemonics:

Mnemonic Technique A form is a mnemonic technique that trains the muscles to remember the many complex techniques of hand-to-hand combat of which a martial art is composed. Let’s make an analogy between learning martial arts and learning the piano. A single technique such as a punch or a kick could be likened to a single musical note. In the beginning you learn the notes of a piano individually and then in scales. Martial arts first teach the techniques individually and then in drills which is similar to practicing scales. Once proficient in notes and scales the next progression is to songs and melodies. In martial arts combat techniques are combined into routines that correspond to songs and are combined differently in each routine, from simple progressions to complex ones.

So how does this work as mnemonic device?

Well one of the first uses of music and possibly even the cause of its invention was as a mnemonic device. Ancient bards knew the words to dozens of stories because the stories were sung rather than spoken. This principle is easily demonstrated. If I were to ask you to memorize six notes, C, A, F, A, C, F, in order and I would only tell you once and you were not allowed to write it down. What are your chances of remembering those notes in an hour, or the next day, or next week or when you were 80 years old? Slim to none. But if I were to sing the first six notes of the American national anthem, ‘Oh-say-can-you-see….’ you would be able to remember those notes until the day you died. Music has the ability to encode, and allows the mind to recall, complex packets of information.

Mnemonics being the key to what I touched on with the Jim Sparks abduction story... It is why I lean towards believing his abductors could of been human. We are and have been so advanced in the use of mnemonics for such a very long time.

Most people just don't think about how they are being trained or taught. Most of us sign up for something, do the training and learn the process. We never realized why we grasped the data or movements so well in one scenario but not at all in another training scenario, and it all probably goes back to how the training was implemented to begin with. I will pay attention in the future to see if mnemonics are being used or not for anything new I attempt to learn.

Also, looking at the title of this article you shared, The Hidden Functions of Form, I'd like to focus on that. Hidden being what I will mention. Imagine what can be hidden in plain sight using mnemonics and most people would be none the wiser. How many mnemonic systems are being used when I go about in this daily world to make information stick like glue ? Are they for a good purpose or for a bad ? It makes me think about subliminal advertising and a whole gamut of other things.

leolady

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   

When politicians and news casters are speaking, too. Hand gestures deflect attention from the spoken word, also "sleight of hand".

How correct you are ! Now that you have pointed this out... Being that we are in a heightened state of political craziness right now, we might as well pull some of that into this thread briefly. Have you noticed which hand symbol Trump uses the most ? If not I will fill you in: A OK

Trump is always sending everyone messages that everything is going to Be A OK

leolady

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   
A mudra is a habitual tick of autistic Indian children. Observed by Atlanteans and fed to Indians as spiritual nonsense. "you have a god child who cannot move and does not eat, and only says Timmay! You shall worship Timmay"

Endless nonsense and deception. Personified details of space events with a big bag of parlor tricks dumped on top.

Show me one slice of well being in Indian culture.

The elite Aryans are laughing at you mutts to this day, for buying into the control mechanisms applied by Rome as they traveled the globe creating myths that would benefit the Aryan(blue) man on lap #2.

Tribal people did not build permanent carved stone structures. They were built "by the angels", to the tribes utter amazement. An ancient hope to eradicate natural living from the Earth and create a domesticated slave race unaware of its condition.

The Atlanteans spread BULL#. You never noticed goy is slang for gentile (non ethnic). And Indians revere cattle. Its all a joke on the brown man. Quicker they ditch and reject their hollywood created culture (oops wrong term, same point) the better off they would be.

edit on 30-10-2016 by JuanDope because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 04:57 AM
link   
a reply to: JuanDope

I'm kinda confused by your post... perhaps you can clarify. :-)

leolady

top topics

join