It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should the sexuality of Jesus be finally revealed to the world?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Malocchio

Just because I have never seen Rome doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Lol, all roads lead to 'Rome'. And you can go there, see it for yourself in plain sight. Remember, these documents are hidden from view.

If you have some reasonable evidence that the every Scholar, Catholic or otherwise, conspired to produce phony translations bring it forward.

Again you were 'told'. Believing something because lots of other people do doesn't make it more true.

You should not believe something that is hidden from sight. No proof 'proof', doesn't hold up forensically.

As far as translation I guarantee you the thousands of years old hand me down bible stories are corrupted, sometimes to fit an agenda.

These stories weren't even written until decades after the fact. That is compelling, but hold the phone...

heres some bits of parchment found in cave that we aren't going to show you that confirm all that history...

imagine that.

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I think I can safely assume you are nobody worth debating with.

I only debate with sane people who don't think everyone is decieved because of the books they own and enjoys insulting people because they were aware of something you weren't.

It's nothing personal, but someone who didn't even know that a translation exists and flips to ''they are fake translations" has no credibility and it is clear you really want me to be some kind of decieved fool.

If you're searching for that, I'd look at a mirror.

Good day wise one. Read a book, get some knowledge and stop making up conspiracy theories and putting words on people's mouths and thinking yourself superior.
edit on 22-10-2016 by Malocchio because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Good day wise one. Read a book, get some knowledge and stop making up conspiracy theories and putting words on people's mouths and thinking yourself superior.

Wisdom doesn't come from books, only knowledge.

The conspiracy is already implanted in your mind, by the book makers. Only when you question authority can you begin to be free.

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   

He is not very honest compared to scholars who don't make their living pandering to the naive and gullible Christian.
Oh and which scholars might that be ?

ETA ...He has a PHD and encourages others to do their own research and points to tools to use for that research . His work is always cited to source material . He does a lot of the heavy lifting for us that dont have either the ability or the where with all to do it . You come across as a know it all and seem to be quite condescending to the members here .

edit on 22-10-2016 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

A PHD don't make you honest.

Lecture curcuits have there honest scholars and your servants of Evangelism.

Heiser is the latter.

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   

You aren't wise or knowledgeable.

You started not knowing of the existence of the English translation of the Dead Sea Scrolls.

Then, your error being made clear all of a sudden the translations are fakes, a giant conspiracy too ridiculous to entertain.

Every time I correct one of your errors you bust out some rhetoric about books, men telling people what to believe as if that is relevant to me and some b.s. about wisdom not coming from books.

Maybe if you aren't wise it doesn't, but for us wise folk knowledge does make you more wise and reading is a definite path to wisdom though not the only path.

You are super mad at being busted not knowing about the existence of a book that you need to make a war of words of it, pathetic.

You aren't knowledgeable enough to know that the Dead Sea Scrolls had been translated and published, you aren't wise, you don't know isht.

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   

You started not knowing of the existence of the English translation of the Dead Sea Scrolls.

Crap. I was in church when they released the book, "Good News for Modern Man". I remember that quite well.

It said basically, don't doubt what you been taught, we found ancient scrolls that confirm everything.

haha. I was just a kid then... where were you?

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   

You made the claim that Heiser is a liar . So you must have some of his lies you can share .

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1

You made the claim that Heiser is a liar . So you must have some of his lies you can share .

No, I don't. This isn't the ''is Heiser a liar" thread.

He is hostile to and dishonest about most of the beliefs found in the Nag Hammadi scriptures and by Gnostics period.

He denies that they supported the equality of women when they had a sect led by a woman named Marcellina who was equal with any male of any other sect.

They featured prominently Mary Magdalene as a learned and equal disciple and the 6 other women disciples were accorded equal respect, in one text "Peter" (allegorically the Roman Church) is rebuked for complaining that Mary is hogging the discussion and Jesus tells Peter not to worry, he will "make her male."

Strictly meaning equal and not having anything to do with genitalia he twists this to infer misogony when the meaning is the opposite.

And ignores the fact that Sophia or Wisdom is The Goddess and that by having a Goddess clearly they were not misogynistic making her the Mother of Yaldabaoth or the God of the Jews, the demiurge.

He constantly equates Dan Brown with Gnosticism when his books have nothing to do with Gnosticism but the Grail Legend.

He denies that the ancient Israelites worshipped Yahweh and believed him a son of El Elyon when the Septuagint and Dead Sea Scrolls say that he was in Deuteronomy 32 and this agrees with Ugaritic and Semitic mythology a term called Henotheism was even invented to define worshipping one God but believing in the existence of a higher God, El Elyon or God Most High whose Sons were 70 and Yahweh but one.

All to convince Christians that they are justified in their beliefs, put down any other religion and make money.

Low. Life. Sleaze.
edit on 22-10-2016 by Malocchio because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Crap. I was in church when they released the book, "Good News for Modern Man". I remember that quite well.

It said basically, don't doubt what you been taught, we found ancient scrolls that confirm everything.

haha. I was just a kid then... where were you?

I see. And you think this qualifies as a comment worth making?

Anyone can track our dialogue and see your mistakes, my correction and you consistently changing the subject to try and insult me.

I am not the least concerned that you even have the ability to approach me in Wisdom or knowledge because you have proven this to be the case.

I would say quit while your ahead but your not ahead and are walking in the wrong direction with your eyes closed.

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Anyone can track our dialogue and see your mistakes, my correction and you consistently changing the subject to try and insult me.

Personal attacks aside...

I asked you if you saw the originals with your own eyes. You said you don't need to see them.

I said, okaaay...

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   

You are obviously paranoid if you, and you alone, think a conspiracy to falsify the translation of the Scrolls was perpetrated.

You thinking any importance exists in my seeing or not seeing the Scrolls is the work of an active but erroneous imagination.

You didn't even know of the existence of the English translation of the Scrolls, I called you on it, owning both releases, at which point, after claiming that I don't own them because you thought they hadn't been translated, I offered to prove it and you changed your story on the spot.

Next thing you know you developed your own personal conspiracy theory that the translations are not faithful and every Scholar was in on it, Catholic or independent.

Talking about whether or not I have seen personally the originals will not cancel the fact that you know so little about history that you thought the Scrolls were never released to the public.

It's a desperate attempt at pawning your foolishness off on me.

All because I knew something you said waa not true.

Hold grudges much? Maybe stop ignoring easily available information and pretending high knowledge.

You didn't know that the Dead Sea Scrolls had been translated into English, end of story is you were wrong and I being the one to inform you (educate) you, rather than being grateful for the information you lacked decided on a vendetta to convince yourself I am a fool for trusting the accuracy of the translations.

This from a guy who only learned today of the existence of the publication of the Dead Sea Scrolls.

If you expect me to take you as anything other than someone with a knowledge deficiency grudge you are crazy, sonny.

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Jesus and Mary where husband and wife and they had a child between them.

If you watch the video below you can clearly see Judas holding a baby.

The Mona Lisa is most likely that child.

Mary Magdalen was not the love interest of Jesus.

She had a hand in his eventual murder.

In the Bible Daniel is actually Jesus. The Bible is far from accurate or honest. It is in fact a manifesto for the Vatican on what to do and what IS going to happen. The end of the world in closer than you think. For everyone and everything, including the ones that are hell bent on our extinction. It doesn't work out the way they have planned.

On the bright side 'the bad guys' get it.

After you die one of three things will happen to your soul, it will go;

Positive
Negative or
Void

It is part of the ancient and universal Triptych. If the soul goes void it/you wont even know you ever existed.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ImLeon

You have some wild theories, I doubt highly that Mary Magdalene had a hand in Jesus death.

Go outside of Christians Canon of Scripture, she is the prominent disciple in Pistis Sophia, the most important ''Gnostic" texts, a people who would have said if Magdalene had a hand in his death if she did as they were not dominated by Rome or forced to live a lie and had their own scriptures.

There is absolutely no legitimate reason to think Mary Magdalene had anything to do with Jesus death, don't know where you heard it but I think it's naive to believe it.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ImLeon

And Daniel was written around 150 BC, definitely before Jesus and is not Jesus, just the book that forms the basis of Revelation.

If Daniel was Jesus it would not be part of Jewish scripture, sorry to tell you but you are off by miles and miles.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join