It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another North Korea missile fails after launch, say U.S. and South Korea

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 12:16 AM
link   
www.reuters.com...

Awww, you know, you really have to feel for the little chubby fella. 8 missiles in 7 months and this one is another flop. I gotta give him 8 out of 7 for trying, but he's beginning to look like a bit of a goose. Not that old Kimmy was a knight in shining amour in the first place.

Mate, give up. Your silly little attempt to play war with the big boys is now making you look crap. Just stop you stupid little child.

North Korea test-fired a missile that failed immediately after launch early on Thursday, the U.S. and South Korean militaries said, hours after the two countries agreed to step up efforts to counter the North's nuclear and missile threats.

The missile was believed to be an intermediate-range Musudan and was launched from the western city of Kusong, where the isolated state attempted but failed to launch the same type of missile on Saturday, the U.S. Strategic Command and South Korea's Office of the Joint Chiefs of Staff said.

The launch came shortly after the United States and South Korea agreed in Washington to bolster military and diplomatic efforts to counter the North's nuclear and missile programs, which it is pursuing in defiance of U.N. Security Council resolutions.

The failed missile launch was the eighth attempt in seven months by the North to launch a weapon with a design range of 3,000 km (1,800 miles) that can be fired from road mobile launchers, the two militaries said.

"We strongly condemn the North's continued illegal acts of provocation," the South's Joint Chiefs of Staff said in a statement.

Japan condemned the launch and said it would make a formal protest to the North through its embassy in Beijing.

North Korea has been conducting activities related to its nuclear and missile programs at an unprecedented pace this year in defiance of U.N. sanctions and diplomatic pressure and is believed to be making progress in its efforts to develop a nuclear missile.

edit on 20-10-2016 by CaptainBeno because: spelling

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 12:47 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: CaptainBeno

'Gives us cause to suspect that their work is shoddy or maybe somebody is thwarting their efforts?

Perhaps a mysterious element is using a weapon similar to the one used for the recent loss of the rocket in Florida that exploded as a orb zipped by it?

Granted the objectives of the two incidents are quite different, but the message would be the same.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   

You know, he could be intentionally failing his rockets to give a false impression to those watching him, I find it hard to believe that NK has the most incompetent rocket scientists on the planet

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   
North korea are like a retard with a firework.

Sure they are likely going to hurt somepne at some point, but it is more than likely going to be themselves. ...

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Discotech

You know, he could be intentionally failing his rockets to give a false impression to those watching him, I find it hard to believe that NK has the most incompetent rocket scientists on the planet

This is a country that sent a fax to south korea saying they were about to attack without warning

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

They're also one of the few governments in the world that actively participates in the active use and preservation of vintage warbirds

I'd love a translation to know what the Korean lady is saying

I know they're stuck in some weird time bubble but still surely they can just let their top scientists use google to find out how to make a functioning long range rocket

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

I'd love a translation to know what the Korean lady is saying

......here's a clue.....

A load of bollox

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

Speaking as a Scientist .... I would really hate to be working on that project, because I am pretty sure the researchers, engineers, etc are pruned with each failure, which will only lead to more failure.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Noinden

Yes, I know "Dear Leader, who is a perfect incarnation of the appearance that a leader should have, Beloved and Respected General, Ever-Victorious, Iron-Willed Commander, Glorious General, Who Descended From Heaven" is rather fond of anti-aircraft guns and wooden stakes?

new topics

top topics

join