It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is Julian Assange?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 03:49 AM
link   
a reply to: SoulOfCeres

just at a tangent - i is curious to here why you believe you have any right to know where mr assange is

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 04:26 AM
link   

He is still in the Embassy...

They cant raid the Embassy without violating Diplomatic Protocols.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 04:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

He is still in the Embassy...

They cant raid the Embassy without violating Diplomatic Protocols.

I believe the UK removed embassy status . So , there would be no violation.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 04:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Now, we managed to get some intelligence on the U.S. government thinking of the different types of jets and that they were concerned that the presidential jets might be difficult for them, from a legal perspective. In fact, from a legal perspective, they are flying embassies. They’re protected under the Vienna Convention. And no one has a right to go into the presidential jet. So, in assessing these options, President Maduro, for example, had already made an offer of asylum. I’m not sure if it was public by that stage, but it became public shortly after. And yeah, so we thought that and a few other presidential jets were a possibility, but we—particularly concentrating on—I don’t want to mention all the nations involved, but Latin American nations who were not Bolivia. There was an oil conference on in—there was an international oil conference in Moscow that week. Edward Snowden and our journalist, Sarah Harrison, still in the Moscow airport in the transit lounge, and so we thought, well, this is an opportunity, actually, to send Edward Snowden to Latin America on one of these jets. Now, I thought and, in fact, advised Edward Snowden that he would be safest in Russia, that the ability to protect the borders of Russia was significantly stronger than Venezuela’s abilities, for example, to protect its borders or Brazil’s ability to protect their borders or Ecuador’s ability to protect their borders. But he was very worried about the optics. He didn’t want to be accused of being some kind of Russian spy, so he really didn’t want to be in Russia, because he didn’t want that kind of propaganda attack to distract from the revelations, even though it would place him at some increased risk. So it’s the week of the oil conference. A number of presidential jets are flying back, and we are considering one of these. And so, we then—our code language that we used deliberately swapped the presidential jet that we were considering for the Bolivian jet.

And so we just spoke about Bolivia in order to distract from the actual candidate jet. And in some of our communications, we deliberately spoke about that on open lines to lawyers in the United States. And we didn’t think much more of it. We had engaged in a number of these distraction operations in the asylum maneuver from Hong Kong, for example, booking him on flights to India through Beijing and other forms of distraction, like Iceland, for example. We didn’t think this was anything more than just distracting. But the U.S. picked up a statement, a supportive statement made in Moscow by President Evo Morales, and appears to have picked up our codeword for the actual operation, and put two and two together and made 22, and then pressured France—successfully pressured France, Portugal and Spain to close their airspace to President Evo Morales’s jet in its flight from Moscow to the Canary Islands for refueling and then back to Bolivia. And as a result, it was forced to land in Vienna. And then, once in Vienna, there was pressure to search the plane.

So, it’s really a quite extraordinary situation that reveals the true nature of the relationship between Western Europe and the United States and what it claims are its values of human rights and asylum and the rights to asylum and so, and respecting the rule of law, the Vienna Convention. Just a phone call from U.S. intelligence was enough to close the airspace to a booked presidential flight, which has immunity. And they got it wrong. They spent all that political capital in demanding this urgent favor to close the airspace, which was humiliating to those Western European countries, and they got it wrong.
www.democracynow.org...

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   

The [Ecuadorian] government of leftist President Rafael Correa has long backed Assange's right to free speech, though the Wikileaks saga has caused some strain in relations with the United States, including the expulsion of diplomats in 2011.

Correa, whose term will end next year, has said he is behind Democratic candidate Hillary Clinton, who he says he knows personally, in the U.S. presidential election.

"For the good of the United States and the world ... I would like Hillary to win," Correa told broadcaster Russia Today last month.

Mystery Deepens Around Fate Of Julian Assange
Bold emphasis mine

Political maneuvering at work. Funny how Ecuador's official reason for cutting Julian off from the internet was to prevent him from influencing elections... However, it seems Correa took that action to help Hillary win, which can also be considered influencing an election. We can argue both sides of that for days.

But still no sign of Julian?

Julian wa doko ni arimasu ka

edit on 20-10-2016 by SoulOfCeres because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

and?

It doesnt negate the fact the embassy cant be raided.. A car with diplomatic plates cant be entered. An aircraft with diplomatic assignments cant be entered. Packages sent via diplomatic pouch cant be opened.

The weak link would be the walk from the embassy to the car. The Embassy in question does not have a secured diplomatic drive nor would diplomatic protection be present from the car to an aircraft.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   
This guy affirms that he met with Julian in the embassy last night and says that he is well. Still wish I didn't have to take someone's word for it. Need to figure out who this guys is, too.

I left Julian after midnight. He is fit, well, sharp and in good spirits.

How to Really Really Upset the Foreign Office and Security Services
Craig Murray | Oct 19 2016

Who is Craig Murray?

Craig John Murray (born 17 October 1958[1][2]) is a former British ambassador to Uzbekistan, and was the Rector of the University of Dundee (2007–10).

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 20-10-2016 by SoulOfCeres because: formatting / added info on Craig Murray

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Given the history here, the word of a former British diplomat doesn't carry much weight. It's only slightly less hokey than if the White House released a statement saying Assange is fine.

If Assange is really still in the embassy, then certainly he could make a brief appearance on that balcony to prove it. The fact that he hasn't, and we have only this one second-hand report that he's still there, is suspicious. I can only think of a couple of reasons, and none of them bode well for Assange:

1) He's dead.

2) Ecuador sold him up the river, and he's been hauled off to a US black site somewhere.

3) He's still there, but he's being detained (either until after the election, or until possibility 1 or 2 can be arranged.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

And if one of your first two scenarios are true, no one is going to tell us about it until after the election... if ever. They might just Jimmy Hoffa him, never to be heard from again.

Sadness.

Where is Julian?

ETA: Of course, there's always the slim possibility that he has slipped out of the embassy on his own somehow.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   
its amazing, 1 idiot hiding in his room can instill such paranoia and panic in so many

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: searcherfortruth

I am going to go out on the proverbial limb here and suggest this has all been a joke, including the hex things. Besides who really cares where that nutjob is. Quite frankly, this can go in the trash with the elections, emails, sex trash and any other cockamamie pooh going around. We have serious issues to deal with regarding warmongering and financial crisis.

You may be right about the recent Hex strings SHA-256
hash value distribution being a joke, but in a few days
or weeks that may longer be an issue because of basic
human stupidity when it comes to the passwords used
to lock the Wikileaks Insurance Files:

See my thread regarding the BREAKING of AES-256 encryption
to allow us to READ the already distributed Wikileaks Insurance Files:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I have MASSIVE computing horsepower available to me
and can do a basic Side-Channel Attack along with the
quadratic or elliptic curve key content estimation method
outlined by an alleged computer science team from the
University of Toronto!

We shall see if this method holds water but I do
suspect that ALL the Wikileaks Insurance Files
have passwords probably around 64 characters to
80 characters in length and likely use mostly English
language words along with some punctuation and
numbers at the start, middle and/or the end of the
passphrase sentence. I think I can break it using
a side-channel attack in less than one month!

Like I said in other threads, I've got access to
1.4 PETAFLOPS of 64-bit Double-Precision
GPU horsepower and MANY PETABYTES
OF RAM AND DISK SPACE I can use at night !!!

We shall see........ABSOLUTELY NO promises
or guarantees though on my success !!!!

edit on 2016/10/20 by StargateSG7 because: sp

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: StargateSG7

I would assume they would have used a randomized string as the password. More secure that way and kind of common practice for locking down something very sensitive. That would make the brute-force effort a lot harder.

Best of luck in your endeavor!

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: SoulOfCeres
a reply to: StargateSG7

I would assume they would have used a randomized string as the password. More secure that way and kind of common practice for locking down something very sensitive. That would make the brute-force effort a lot harder.

Best of luck in your endeavor!

Nope! The last few passwords have been English language
such as the Cable-Gate password which was:

"ACollectionOfDiplomaticHistorySince_1966_ToThe_PresentDay#"

which was kinda stupid as a password management folly but
fully understandable from a human-memory point of view.

Makes my job a LOT EASIER if this is the case!

I'm just gonna use a brute force dictionary attack
for the most part BUT STILL see if the method outlined
to me from UofT holds water once I translate the code
to something more readable and understandable.

Again, we shall see.....

edit on 2016/10/20 by StargateSG7 because: sp

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Azureblue

Seems he was poisoned and either could not or only just, activated the dead man switch.

I think you might not understand what a dead man switch is.

The whole point is, it does not need to be manually activated. It usually means the one being protected has to run a script, push a button, send a code, or some other way of signalling proof of life at regular intervals. If one does not take action as required, the switch is triggered and "something" happens. This could be a release of emails, sending of encryption codes to trusted people, or some other method of automated information transfer.

edit on 10/20/16 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/20/16 by BlueAjah because: added word to clarify

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 03:22 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

thanks for the clarificaiton
cheers

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Days later and still no confirmation of Mr. Assange's status, no waves at the window, no proof of life.

Where is Julian?!

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Still no proof of life, though its starting to sound more reasonable that Julian might still be in the embassy.

WikiLeaks Twitter is now addressing the issue.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   

I thought wikileaks and the embassy both stated he was alive and well and is just without internet access.

Do we honestly believe if Assange was dead or in custody wikileaks would not report on it?

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

I can imagine there are scenarios where they might not want or be able to report on that. And yes, even though they have stated he was fine, all the recent reports kinda makes one want to see some proof of his status - not just a statement.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Under what scenario would wikileaks not report that assange was dead or arrested? Hell they panicked over the "threat" that forced assange to move his announcement to the following day via vidlink in Berlin )and I still think that was a PR stunt).

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join