It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

You Know You Are Getting Old When...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 10:47 PM
link   
So I'm in my late forties now and I've started noticing some of my shortcomings in abilities to happily participate in this journey through life. I was coming home form work and the car next to me was one of those 90's Hondas with that super loud exhaust. It startled the #^%* out of me and suddenly I was enraged! haha( I laughed at myself shortly thereafter). It wasn't even a cool tricked out car, more like a beater with the first upgrade being a loud tail pipe piece.

Anyway, it got me thinking about other signs that remind of us of getting old. A few more of my personal revelations :

You know you're getting old when:

You pull your back simply lying in bed
You have to bring reading glasses on fishing trip so you can tie the damn knots.
You bring a chair when going fishing more often
Naps start sounding good no matter what time of the day it is
You refuse to engage others(at all damnit!) until you've had first cup of coffee
You want to leave notes on car windshield of horrific parkers, even when it's not next to your car

edit on 20/10/16 by masqua because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: waftist

Or When you have to let out a huge Uggggghhh when you stand?

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

Or When you have to let out a huge Uggggghhh when you stand?

And when you sit.
I've driven this body like I stole it.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 11:12 PM
link   
You know you're getting old when you just tell people the truth. Either you don't care what they think or you're too tired to think of a lie. You can't remember which.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 11:27 PM
link   
When your idea of a wild Friday night is staying home, watching a movie and eating ice cream

When you fall asleep, on the couch, at 8:30pm, on a Saturday.

When you have no idea who many of the celebrities in the rag mags are.

When you've had two hip replacements.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 11:42 PM
link   
When you.....uh.....um. Damn! I forgot.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 11:43 PM
link   
2-speed transmission.
Go and neutral.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 12:43 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Sigh... naturally I've started Crop Dusting, and not even noticed. I have a theory though.
It's Graham's Law, it reminds me of my grandma or Grammy, grams or gram.
The walking farts, Grams got the walking farts....
Bigburgh now has the walking farts, AKA Crop Dusting.

"Graham's law, also known as Graham's law of effusion, was formulated by Scottish physical chemist Thomas Graham in 1848. Graham found experimentally that the rate of effusion of a gas is inversely proportional to the square root of the mass of its particles. ... M1 is the molar mass of gas 1. M2 is the molar mass of gas 2."

I often lose my keys when they're in my hands. And walk into a room and wonder why am I here.
🤗
I also started leaving the turn signal on for miles while driving. 🙄

edit on 20-10-2016 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Breakfast used to go snap crackle pop, now you do getting out of bed

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

Breakfast used to go snap crackle pop, now you do getting out of bed

Good one, Vector!

You know you're getting old when you see an attractive young woman walking a dog...and you admire the dog.
edit on 20-10-2016 by Lazarus Short because: dum de dum

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Aww if it makes you feel any better, I'm 23 and experiencing most of your revelations already. I put all the blame on the two children I had to birth, though. Tell you what, if anyone wonders about how amazing it is that women can give life the way they do it's because the babies literally suck the life out of them! Haha. Just kidding. My babies give me more life than I ever had before they came along.

Seriously, though, my definition of old has changed dramatically in the past 5 years and you're far from being old. At least you can laugh about your aging, most people tend to freak out and spend their life savings trying to fight the inevitable.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Here's one I dedicate for my dad:

You know you're getting old when most forms of technology tend to cause more confusion and frustration rather than amazement and awe. My dad doesn't even know how to type on a key board with more than just his index fingers. And my old boss couldn't understand how I knew his iPhone had a hotspot on it that would give me internet. My grandpa that passed at 75 a couple years back never understood why he needed a guide for his channels and why he even needed over 600 channels in the first place. He was my favorite. He really did get ANGRY about these things. It was pretty funny

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   
You guys crack me up!!

Akragon- Oh yea and sometimes I just turn that moan into a full caveman yell just cuz it feels good.

Skunkape23 - I noticed too I use the brake pedal way more than I used to, and rubberneck more for safety, haha

Victor - Oh too true friend, good analysis, caring less about what other's think as well in general

Jenny - Yes, you are in the club too I see. Hope your hip surgeries went well. I feel old with new music artist that are popular. I'm, like "who is this?"

texas thinker - What were we talking about? haha touche' man!

Bigburgh - Wow, testament with supported evidence, nice bro! Yea, I've been in a room with momentary confusion. "Why did I come in here?" Oh yea, the peanut butter is in the fridge, not the garage! haha

Vector - No doubt snap crackle pop…grooooan!

Lazarus - I,ve been noticing architecture and garden structure more lately.

Page - Thanks for the positive words and yea, motherhood I'm sure is it's own struggle, inner-meshed with love and joy of course, but full on responsibility huh? Yea my Dad tried with computers but he started yelling impatiently at the screen and could not recall simple commands, even when written on paper hanging on wall in front of him. That will probably be me in several years trying to get a VR machine working. "Where's the go button on this thing dangit?!"

Thanks for the replies guys!

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   

At fifty the one that seems to happen to me all of the time is:

Oh, that reminds me of a story! A few years ago... No... Wait... Ummm.... Ok.... 33 years ago I was....

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

Hahaa, I might as well order us some cheese for this thread , to go with all our w(h)ining!

Hey at least we we made it this far huh?

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Jenny - Yes, you are in the club too I see. Hope your hip surgeries went well. I feel old with new music artist that are popular. I'm, like "who is this?

Right! Used to watch the Grammy's and the red carpet before, but not anymore. Don't know who over half of those people are! My husband is thankful for that though, lol.

Hip replacements are the best, we are blessed to have the option of having one, modern medicine is amazing.

Surgery went well, thank you. There was a complication from the one I just had, on October 5th. Had to go in for a second round of surgery yesterday to determine if the doctor will have to take the replacement out, then put it back in. Seriously hope not, ahhhhh 🙀

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   
You know you're getting old when............................... every time you happen to check, your zipper is down.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Jennyfrenzy
Well I hope the 2nd replacement is covered. Was it their fault or just trouble with your body accepting it? The waiver we have to sign these days pre op basically shield them from any most liability.
I had some friends that went to India to have hip replacement for a third of what it costs here.
Good luck and best wishes for you!

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: argentus
Classic
Maybe it's from increased sitting, ha
…and where are my darn glasses? Oh yea on my head or around my neck, doh!
edit on 20-10-2016 by waftist because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join