It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump refuses to say whether he'll accept election results

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 07:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Greggers

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Who cares if he refuses to accept the election results?

People who fear he might incite rioting or other forms of violence among his less stable followers.

The only ones with any history of violence have been the Hillary supporters.

Go break a window.

Why would I break a window?

Hey man, I was just answering your question.

No one really cares if Trump whines and cries about the election result. What people care about is the possibility that there will not be a "peaceful" transition of power.

Ok, throw some eggs at someone instead.

And why are you worried about a peaceful transfer of power?

Will hillary outlaw the Deplorables when she wins and have us all arrested?

Sounds like it.

Don't start a civil war, vote Trump 2016!

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Again, the fear is that Trump will incite violence among his supporters by suggesting that their votes have been nullified by rampant voter fraud. If the democratic process is that broken, some might believe the only way to take it back is through violence.

We've actually had Trump supporters here on this very forum talking about taking the election back by force.

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chance321
a reply to: kruphix

Good for him. Are we supposed to just blindly accept the results?

No. They should be scrutinised, as they always are by 10,000s of volunteers.

Since the start if the year, and especially over the past two months, Trump has repeatedly claimed the results are rigged and there will be widespread voter fraud before the vote has even started and based on no evidence whatsoever have rightly been ridiculed by Republicans and Democrats alike as he's gone full-on mad man. Although I must give him credit in being the first candidate in history to unite both parties at this crucial a time, albeit through his sheer insanity, arrogance and outright lies.

Trump changing his wording from "And I'm telling you, November 8, we'd better be careful, because that election is going to be rigged," and "The election is absolutely being rigged by the dishonest and distorted media pushing Crooked Hillary - but also at many polling places - SAD," - both of which are backed up with absolutely no evidence, to "I'll wait and see" shows how woolly his ideas are, how much of a turncoat he is and the contempt he has for the intelligence of the average US citizen, the Republican Party and the US electoral process.

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   

No one really cares if Trump whines and cries about the election result. What people care about is the possibility that there will not be a "peaceful" transition of power.

Trump isn't in power. He's just a candidate. He doesn't have to do crap for anyone.

Talk to Obama about peaceful transitions of power.

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   
It's like he said the other day: he will accept the results of the election if he wins. The same way he accepts and brags about poll results when he's ahead and complains about them being rigged when he's behind. This "rigged election" talk only started ramping up as he realized he was in real danger of losing.

He's like that kid in elementary school we all knew who wanted to change the rules when he was losing the game.

Trump doesn't care that he's hurting down ballot Republicans by repressing his own turn out. All he cares about is himself and saving face when he loses.

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: bastion

Well said. One of his supporters breathing down my neck at the polling station is a frightening and slightly comical thought. I can't help but wonder at the methods these most responsible and forthright individuals might employ to expose this rigging in their quest to ensure we make 'Murica great again.

(At least he actually got the date right in that quote...)

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

Is that a threat! Civil war if Trump loses?

Sounds like it....

I wonder if you even realize how stupid that was to post on a public forum?
edit on 22-10-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Sounds like it....

I wonder if you realise just how fragile your freedom is right now. You just called it stupid that someone would talk about civil war on an internet forum. Think about that. You think the Feds might be after him? The sad thing is that it is a possibility in your near future.

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: ker2010

Thank you!!! That is an excellent compilation.

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Sounds like it....

I wonder if you realise just how fragile your freedom is right now. You just called it stupid that someone would talk about civil war on an internet forum. Think about that. You think the Feds might be after him? The sad thing is that it is a possibility in your near future.

It's obvious that some Trump supporters are calling for a civil war if Trump loses; even on ATS.

So my question to you is....will a Civil War result in more freedom. Has that ever happened? Think about that....
edit on 22-10-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   

So my question to you is....will a Civil War result in more freedom. Has that ever happened? Think about that....

Is that a serious question? You might want to go back and read some history books

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

It's obvious that some Trump supporters are calling for a civil war if Trump loses; even on ATS

please source those references
i have yet to see ANYONE call for civil war

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

Is that a serious question? You might want to go back and read some history books

This is the type of Trump supporter that I find concerning. Do you?

www.rawstory.com...

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   

bs
would
could
should
interpreted as

spread that bs elsewhere

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   

There were something like 4 million plus slaves freed as a result of the American Civil War.

If civil war happens in the US, it won't be because of Trump. It will be because Americans are finally waking up to the seriously troublesome direction of this country. If we are at the point where elections are a total sham and our leaders are chosen for us, and those taking over power are determined to end our constitutional rights, and if our government has become a corrupt business that wants to keep citizens ignorant and under control via government control of the media... (I could go on and on)... then, you never know what is going to happen.

It is not going to be directed by Trump. You are lumping Trump followers as though wanting to change this country has more to do with a man named Trump than about a portion of the population that wants America to be America again. Trump has become a means to an end. He is the first sign of hope people have had for a long time. And if there is evidence that our country is so far gone that there is evidence that the election is engineered so that the will of the people is usurped, then I think we are going to be in for a rough ride.

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Trump isn't in power. He's just a candidate. He doesn't have to do crap for anyone.

Talk to Obama about peaceful transitions of power.

In my understanding of US politics you have it completely the wrong way around - candidates and parties must abide by strict election rules to allow a democratic vote to take place. If both candidates and parties don't accept the election results, even with no evidence to counter them, then the democratically elected winning party can be deemed illegitimate/undemocratic due to some backwards laws. aceproject.org...

It has nothing to do with Obama as he's not a candidate - and while Hillary is criminal, she doesn't hold the US in such contempt that she'd throw all democracy and public choice under a bus just because she didn't win, which is what Trump has repeatedly stated he'll do if he doesn't win as he's only concerned with himself, not you, not the US public, not democracy, nor the rest of the world.

Trump as a candidate is meant to represent his party, his country and the people - in my opinion he's an insult to America and Americans, as when I've been in the States, people have been incredibly friendly, welcoming and respectable people which is why I'm so confused how he even has any supporters left.

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: bastion

Our government sucks. Those that we've entrusted have abused their positions and authority.

We need to sweep them all out of office.

The establishment must be burned to the ground.

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: bastion
In my understanding of US politics you have it completely the wrong way around - candidates and parties must abide by strict election rules to allow a democratic vote to take place. If both candidates and parties don't accept the election results, even with no evidence to counter them, then the democratically elected winning party can be deemed illegitimate/undemocratic due to some backwards laws. aceproject.org...

I'm not sure what laws you are talking about and I'm not finding it skimming through that link. What it does say is this:

public acceptance of the outcome must be followed by final validation of the election result by political parties and their respective candidates. If both the voting public and political party candidates do not accept election results due to real or perceived electoral fraud or irregularities, the legitimacy of the resulting legislature or government is threatened.

Which is essentially what is being said by both Democratic and Republican leaders in response to Trump's "rigged election" rants.

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: DelMarvel

And that is what SHOULD happen. The public should have a right to question election results if they perceive that there was fraud or irregularities. We should have a right to demand validation. If we did not have this right, what would stop someone from committing fraud? Without this right, someone could commit fraud all they wanted and the loser and public would be obligated to keep their mouth shut and accept the results, thus giving power to criminals.

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: kruphix

Made history? Were do you people come from? Why isnt this thread in the hoax been?

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join