It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump refuses to say whether he'll accept election results

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Chance321

Yup, just like good cows heading to the slaughter house....

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42
a reply to: kruphix

He is the first Presidential Candidate to publicly refuse to say that he will accept the results of the election.

I don't see the problem with that ?

I wish Bernie would have done the same and not sold out when the DNC manipulated the system for HIllary to have stole it from him.

Not me. I'm glad that Bernie stuck to the high road and can take a loss like a man. What Trump is doing is the lowest of the low of sore losers and his supporters should feel ashamed of themselves for defending his words here. VERY un-American attitudes you guys have right now...

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

He is the first Presidential Candidate to publicly refuse to say that he will accept the results of the election.

I don't see the problem with that ?

I wish Bernie would have done the same and not sold out when the DNC manipulated the system for HIllary to have stole it from him.

Not me. I'm glad that Bernie stuck to the high road and can take a loss like a man. What Trump is doing is the lowest of the low of sore losers and his supporters should feel ashamed of themselves for defending his words here. VERY un-American attitudes you guys have right now...

Bernie either sold out big time or he was a lie from the start and I sadly supported him as the better of the candidates this election.

The people who should be a shame are the political party cheerleaders who delusionally think that only the other side is corrupted.

There have been study done that prove that your vote doesn't matter . The system is compromised beyond believe and while I don't like Trump I'm glad he is not playing by their rules on this and being a team player with the DNC,GOP, and the MSM. Not to suggest that wouldn't change in the end.

The faster that people wake up that the system is corrupted the faster we can put focus on fixing it. Otherwise we will continue to chase our tails like we have been doing for over 5 decades discussing the same issues scripted by the GOP,DNC,and the MSM.

edit on 381031America/ChicagoThu, 20 Oct 2016 08:38:16 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Bernie either sold out big time or he was a lie from the start and I sadly supported him as the better of the candidates this election.

Bernie is the only politician who ran who had any integrity and he maintained it the entire time he was running. He took the high ground, conceded defeat like a man, endorsed Hillary to promote party unity, and still plans on pushing his agenda in Congress.

To say that he was a lie or a sell out is just naive and shows that you truly didn't know what he stood for anyways. He didn't want a war or people angry with each other. He wanted a peaceful discussion about implementing smart solutions, then when it came time for the race to pass him by he stepped out of the way.

The people who should be a shame are the political party cheerleaders who delusionally think that only the other side is corrupted.

No one thinks that. Corruption exists everyone, but the fallacy that people refuse to acknowledge is that corruption doesn't mean that everyone is equally corrupt or all on the take for the same reasons.

There have been study done that prove that your vote doesn't matter . The system is compromised beyond believe and while I don't like Trump I'm glad he is not playing by their rules on this and being a team player with the DNC,GOP, and the MSM. Not to suggest that wouldn't change in the end.

Which study is that? Why didn't you post it?

The faster that people wake up that the system is corrupted the faster we can put focus on fixing it. Otherwise we will continue to chase our tails like we have been doing for over 5 decades discussing the same issues scripted by the GOP,DNC,and the MSM.

Yeah yeah I've heard this sob story before.
edit on 20-10-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   

He is being honest,something Democrats know nothing about,time to ask that question is when final results come in,he acted accordingly

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Bernie is the only politician who ran who had any integrity and he maintained it the entire time he was running. He took the high ground, conceded defeat like a man, endorsed Hillary to promote party unity, and still plans on pushing his agenda in Congress.

Being a party Fanboy is what has gotten to the mess we have. He completely trashed his message about corruption in DC the minute he endorsed Mrs. Corruption herself.

Which study is that? Why didn't you post it?

here is one for you:
www.businessinsider.com...

Then take a listen to a Democrat Harvard professor of Law about how corrupted the system is and how big money is what matters in politics.

Yeah yeah I've heard this sob story before.

And yet you like to stick your head in the Sand and believe in the fairy tale they call politics.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Being a party Fanboy is what has gotten to the mess we have. He completely trashed his message about corruption in DC the minute he endorsed Mrs. Corruption herself.

No. Bernie just understands that we need a working government in order to accomplish anything. Not one that is completely at its throats for any petty disagreement. Something that modern America has forgotten but American was built on the word "compromise". Yet, now it is a word signifying betrayal of your base. Your attitude here is reflected in this sad transition in American politics. If you want the system fixed, you should probably start with your attitude.

here is one for you:
www.businessinsider.com...

Then take a listen to a Democrat Harvard professor of Law about how corrupted the system is and how big money is what matters in politics.

This isn't proving that my vote doesn't matter. It's just proving that money needs to be taken out of politics. So start with repealing Citizens United.

And yet you like to stick your head in the Sand and believe in the fairy tale they call politics.

You are free to move to another country if you don't like the way our country does things, but I'd rather work within the system to fix instead of getting angry, lashing out, and trying to tear it all down.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Bernie just understands that we need a working government in order to accomplish anything.

A working gov't within recent times is what has given you.

1. Global Conflict.
2. Increased taxes
3. Richer .01% and poorer everyone else while exponentially increasing the gap.
4. Corporate friendly laws.
5. Corporations as people.
6. Patriot act and the swindling of all your privacy rights.
7. Big Gov't
8. Super Pacs
9. Focus on the wrong issues
etc

I like it when gov't does nothing because the people win. The only time gov't changes things is because of lobbying money and the highest bidder at the expense of the upper middle class and below.

This isn't proving that my vote doesn't matter. It's just proving that money needs to be taken out of politics. So start with repealing Citizens United.

Yes it does because what ever you vote for or who you vote for typically doesn't matter., because big money gets what it wants in the end despite what used car salesman or tactics you fell for.

I'd rather work within the system to fix instead of getting angry, lashing out, and trying to tear it all down.

Nobody is asking to tear it down. What is being asked is for political fanboys to get their heads out of their arse and concentrate on the real issue and stop accepting the lesser evil mentality.

While your intentions are to work within the system to fix it , you are doing the exact opposite . You can't fix the system if you don't correctly identify the problem.

The first problem that needs to be addressed is the special interest and conflict of interest in DC. Everything else is BS and distractions by both the DNC,GOP, and the MSM.

If you are not working to fix the following things than nothing will get fixed as its been demonstrated within the last 5 decades at minimum:

1. Congregational term limits

2. campaign financing reform.

3. Lobbying reform

4. doing away with super-pacs

5. Revolving door between gov't and private sector

6. Transparency

edit on 331031America/ChicagoThu, 20 Oct 2016 10:33:11 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix

- He is reckless with nukes

Just when has Trump been in possession of nukes?

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Giving up and kissing the feet of someone who politically raped you isn't taking high ground, that's called Stockholm syndrome.

And remember the Florida recount.

Bernie just understands that we need a working government in order to accomplish anything.

Without rule of law in the election process you have no working government, you just have a mafia mob ruling you if the so called "winner" rigged the game.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   

A working gov't within recent times is what has given you.

1. Global Conflict.

Global conflict is nothing new. Warfare has continued endlessly around the world forever. This narrative is false. Sure the locales and players have changed, but war is war. It's what humans are good at. Laying this at the feet of "recent government" is just silly.

2. Increased taxes

Taxes are at their lowest point ever. They really only have anywhere to go but up, plus Trickle Down Economics is quickly losing favor around the country.

3. Richer .01% and poorer everyone else while exponentially increasing the gap.

Yes. This is why the public is starting to fight back against trickle down economics.

4. Corporate friendly laws.

Always existed in this country.

5. Corporations as people.

Dates back to the 1800's

6. Patriot act and the swindling of all your privacy rights.

Ever heard of the Enforcement Acts?

7. Big Gov't

The end of the Civil War established that the Federal Government supercedes the State Governments.

8. Super Pacs

Trying to get CU overturned is part of the ongoing political discussions.

9. Focus on the wrong issues

A story as old as politicians and governments.

etc

I like it when gov't does nothing because the people win. The only time gov't changes things is because of lobbying money and the highest bidder at the expense of the upper middle class and below.

Yet you don't want to try to change that aspect. Just tear the system down and PRAY that the system that replaces it would be better (though historically that is unlikely to happen)

Yes it does because what ever you vote for or who you vote for typically doesn't matter., because big money gets what it wants in the end despite what used car salesman or tactics you fell for.

There have been TONS of beneficial things government has provided for you over the last 50 years or so. Not all lobbies are bad you know?

Nobody is asking to tear it down. What is being asked is for political fanboys to get their heads out of their arse and concentrate on the real issue and stop accepting the lesser evil mentality.

The "real issue"?

While your intentions are to work within the system to fix it , you are doing the exact opposite . You can't fix the system if you don't correctly identify the problem.

The first problem that needs to be addressed is the special interest and conflict of interest in DC. Everything else is BS and distractions by both the DNC,GOP, and the MSM.

If you are not working to fix the following things than nothing will get fixed as has been demonstrated within the last 5 decades at minimum:

3. Lobbying reform

6. Transparency

Like I said you know nothing about how I come to conclusions or form opinions so saying that I don't stand for some or all of those things is dishonest. Go preach to some other sap. I'm not stupid. I research my opinions thoroughly from BOTH sides before making a decision.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: greyhat
Giving up and kissing the feet of someone who politically raped you isn't taking high ground, that's called Stockholm syndrome.

Conceding defeat like a man isn't "kissing their feet". Are you one of those assholes who spits in their hand when teams line up to shake hands after a game or something?

And remember the Florida recount.

I remember it. Do you? Gore challenged the election because there appeared to be credible evidence of fraud, after the voting had already taken place. He lost that gamble and then ultimately conceded defeat too. Or did you forget that part? I didn't.

Without rule of law in the election process you have no working government, you just have a mafia mob ruling you if the so called "winner" rigged the game.

Thanks for the non sequitur.
edit on 20-10-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Don't know if this has been posted yet, but this is the way it's done by real American statesmen.

www.today.com...

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   

You confirmed my point. that talking about those issues hasn't resolved anything. Hence why if you aren't focused on the following issues than its pointless.

3. Lobbying reform

6. Transparency

There have been TONS of beneficial things government has provided for you over the last 50 years or so. Not all lobbies are bad you know?

Who said anything about all lobbies being bad? The problem is that the ones with the deepest pockets typically win and they aren't doing it for the good of the people in most cases. There is no reason why we shouldn't be focused on lobbying and how to restructure it to benefit the masses versus the few , using todays technology.

Yet you don't want to try to change that aspect. Just tear the system down and PRAY that the system that replaces it would be better (though historically that is unlikely to happen)

Again where are you pulling that BS about destroying and tearing down the System?

I want to fix the system but to fix the system you need to close the conflict of interest in DC in order to un distort our elected officials human traits that allow for corruption.

You going in circles with the same issues and not concentrating on the REAL issues listed above is naive at best. You are expecting human officials to be super human and to be above the temptation of money.

Until you address the 6 items listed above your vote and your party ideals are worthless as indicated by the study and Larry Lessig.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   

You confirmed my point. that talking about those issues hasn't resolved anything. Hence why if you aren't focused on the following issues than its pointless.

3. Lobbying reform

6. Transparency

Government action takes time. Change doesn't happen overnight. It's stupid how people expect that once they've identified a problem of government that it should be fixed in short order.

Who said anything about all lobbies being bad? The problem is that the ones with the deepest pockets typically win and they aren't doing it for the good of the people in most cases. There is no reason why we shouldn't be focused on lobbying and how to restructure it to benefit the masses versus the few , using todays technology.

I agree with this. I have no problems implementing lobbying reforms.

Again where are you pulling that BS about destroying and tearing down the System?

I want to fix the system but to fix the system you need to close the conflict of interest in DC in order to un distort our elected officials human traits that allow for corruption.

You going in circles with the same issues and not concentrating on the REAL issues listed above is naive at best. You are expecting human officials to be super human and to be above the temptation of money.

Until you address the 6 items listed above your vote and your party ideals are worthless as indicated by the study and Larry Lessig.

This is why you are crazy about how you've labeled Bernie a sellout. He was for and is STILL for all of those things. His mass appeal forced Hillary to adopt some language to address some of those issues in her policy. He is STILL pushing to move the party further to the left to push those issues and other ones.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Government action takes time. Change doesn't happen overnight. It's stupid how people expect that once they've identified a problem of government that it should be fixed in short order.

Who said anything about overnight? What is stupid is identifying the problem and then solely concentrating on fixing the symptoms for both the short term and long term and sticking your head in the sand to the real cause of the problem .

This is why you are crazy about how you've labeled Bernie a sellout.

No he is a sell out because he endorsed a Corporate Sponsored Whore who he labels as the problem in DC. She has conflict of interest and takes millions from the people she is suppose to govern while protecting the little man/women from. Not going to happen , only in lala land.

His mass appeal forced Hillary to adopt some language to address some of those issues in her policy.

Haha thats funny. She and her husband have spent more than 3 decades in govt and they haven't done or accomplish squat besides talk BS and take conflict of interest $ponsor$hip$.

So now Hillary isn't trying to only copy Bernie but Trump as well .

edit on 291031America/ChicagoThu, 20 Oct 2016 12:29:05 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Informer1958

Show me evidence of any case where a national American election being swayed by voter fraud / irregularities.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s
a reply to: Informer1958

Show me evidence of any case where a national American election being swayed by voter fraud / irregularities.

Considering Bush won Florida over Gore by only 530+ votes even small election fraud can swing an election. A DOJ elections lawyer was talking about more than 4 million "registered voters" in several states, including Florida, that are no longer alive. The voter rolls are not being kept up to date.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Who said anything about overnight? What is stupid is identifying the problem and then solely concentrating on fixing the symptoms for both the short term and long term and sticking your head in the sand to the real cause of the problem .

Why do you keep accusing me of sticking my head in the sand?

No he is a sell out because he endorsed a Corporate Sponsored Whore who he labels as the problem in DC. She has conflict of interest and takes millions from the people she is suppose to govern while protecting the little man/women from. Not going to happen , only in lala land.

AGAIN. He ALSO wasn't trying to disrupt the flow of government and tear it apart because he lost.

Haha thats funny. She and her husband have spent more than 3 decades in govt and they haven't done or accomplish squat besides talk BS and take conflict of interest $ponsor$hip$.

Yea. Funny how the first Clinton campaign was presided during one of our biggest economic gains in history as well as ended with a budget surplus, but yep they accomplished nothing. TOTALLY.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I'm amazed, and being on ATS for so many years, that's hard to do.

How, why, are there people defending either one of these people??????

Nobody with a brain, can sit here and tell anyone that America, or the world for that matter, is going to be better off with either of these 2 being elected.

But yet there's people vigorously defending criminal and a ego maniac, why?

Because these are the only 2 to choose from?

If that's the case, not voting is better than choosing the lesser of 2 evils.

Either people don't care, or on some level can relate to these to fools.

Which I guess wouldn't be suprising, considering it was the people who allowed things to get to this point.

You would think people would have used all this energy and motivation defending these 2, on getting out and educating people and getting better canidates.

Either the people are that far gone and just accept this, or this is deeply what people think they deserve.

It wont matter who wins tis election, cause we ALL lose, and we have to look at our kids in the future and know we failed them.

America has reached rock bottom.
edit on 20-10-2016 by Black_Fox because: SpELLiNg

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join