It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump refuses to say whether he'll accept election results

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: kruphix

Ah, your still waiting then. Got it!

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Ah, your still waiting then. Got it!

Nope, the answer is right there in my post.

It's two parts, I know...complicated...but I think you can do it.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Yeah and Killary stated she'd go to war with Russia... So.. unless you just crave a nuke exchange with them then don't vote for her.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 11:50 PM
link   

I'm sorry, I guess I'm having an issue with the words biggest and most important regarding your post.

I mean which is more extreme?

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 11:50 PM
link   
From someone who seems intent on 'burning down' the political establishment in the USA, I thought it was a bloody brilliant answer.

Although the political establishment in the USA wants a compliant populace, Trump is serving up "Resistance is not futile."

I note that no politician of any stripe has been required to declare that which they believe or disbelieve on this subject. It is very, very easy to point to Al Gore, but apparently the DNC has forgotten about all that.

Trump's talk of the election being rigged is extraordinarily destabilising for the state and those in high office. And I think that is the point.
edit on 19/10/2016 by Kapriti because: word choice

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Voyaging

Yeah and Killary stated she'd go to war with Russia... So.. unless you just crave a nuke exchange with them then don't vote for her.

Scare mongering.

The last tactic of a desperate campaign.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 11:54 PM
link   

I'm sorry, I guess I'm having an issue with the words biggest and most important regarding your post.

I mean which is more extreme?

Maybe you are focusing on the wrong words.

I'll help you out a little, one issue was the most important....him being unfit to be President. I listed the issues in the debate that demonstrated that. Out of those points, him refusing to accept the results is the biggest issue.

I know...words...they're complicated.
edit on 19-10-2016 by kruphix because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix

Possibly.

Do you believe it was the most important issue from the debate or just something to distract you from something?

I think the most important issue from the debate is another example of Trump not being fit to be President.

- He won't accept the results of the election ...he said he would decide after the election, perfectly logical based on his concerns about fraud and manipulation (already a known fact when it came to the game being rigged against Bernie).
- He interrupted Hillary to call her a "Nasty Woman" ...just a statement of fact. She is a nasty piece of work (ask anybody that has ever worked with her)
- He insulted Hispanics by calling immigrants "Bad Hombres" ...get a grip. He was referring to the Mexican gangs and other illegal immigrants who are criminals
- He cries every time he is losing something and claims it is rigged (even doubled down on thinking he should have won an emmy). ...reading right from Hillary's script I see. He was right about Ted Cruz. He was right about what happened to Bernie. He is right about the bias in the MSM. So, your point is what?
- He continues to praise Putin. ...he only said that Putin has outsmarted Obama and Clinton at every turn...which is just stating the facts
- He is reckless with nukes ...based on what?
- He lied about saying his sexual assault accusers have been debunked ... actually he said "mostly debunked"
- He lied about saying he talked about his accusers looks and saying they weren't attractive enough for him to assault ...semi-correct. He said one of them would not have been his first choice.

But I would say yes, the biggest issue in all of that is his refusal to accept the results of the election.

And I would say you (and most of the MSM) are clutching at straws. Nobody should be expected to concede defeat, if the contest is considered, by that person, to have been unfairly decided. That's why we have Courts...to argue the merits of such things.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix

originally posted by: Voyaging

Scare mongering.

The last tactic of a desperate campaign.

I'm sorry but I think we should be afraid of anyone who publicly supported a war with Russia. A war the US can't win without destroying itself. It's ridiculous to even think about a nuclear war.

The Russians are preparing for Nuclear war because our presidential candidate is on record saying she is willing to go to war.

That makes her clinically insane if you ask me. Anyone who supports beginning a war that could go nuclear is insane.

Especially over hacks. The US was caught hacking everyone, and paid nothing. So the US got hacked, I guess that's the way the game works now. But physical war must never be an option.

Hillary Clinton supports an end of world War.

He didn't say he'd refuse the results, he said you would have to wait to find out. He may very well accept a defeat once he is certain their was no voter fraud. If he looses of course.

Of course what he said doesn't matter in its context. It's only how it can be twisted that suits you? Or maybe your comprehension is low?
edit on 20-10-2016 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 12:01 AM
link   

It's really a shame that you can't get past your bias, hubris, ignorance and condescending nature to have an actual discussion on these boards.

Yes, I know, you said one thing is most important and the other is the biggest. Part and parcel if you will.

Do you ever question your own candidate or just blindly follow?

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Good.

A true leader would exercise his right not to. And give a finger.

There isn't sportsmanship in this. Clearly.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 12:02 AM
link   

I think the most important issue from the debate is another example of Trump not being fit to be President.

- He won't accept the results of the election - His right
- He interrupted Hillary to call her a "Nasty Woman" - she is. call a spade a spade???
- He insulted Hispanics by calling immigrants "Bad Hombres" - Insulted??? LOL
- He cries every time he is losing something and claims it is rigged (even doubled down on thinking he should have won an emmy). - Cries or brings attention?
- He continues to praise Putin. - Nope...not tonight. He has said over and over it would be nice if we could work with Russia. Do you not want peace?
- He is reckless with nukes - Uh, he does not control any so where is your track record?
- He lied about saying his sexual assault accusers have been debunked - they were
- He lied about saying he talked about his accusers looks and saying they weren't attractive enough for him to assault - again, distraction. They were butt ugly and I could care less. I want lower taxes. Did she talk about that? No. She said it would not change. Trump cuts my taxes in half...

But I would say yes, the biggest issue in all of that is his refusal to accept the results of the election.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Personally, I might not accept the election results. Why should Trump? He has more invested than I do hah

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Keep supporting the thought Russia should be our enemy. Bang the drums.

While a portion of us support closer ties and cooperation and advancement. Seeing both countries have been the leading edge pioneers in space and technology since mankind extended it's ingenuity beyond its own crust
edit on 20-10-2016 by Imhere because: No reason

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Right...and by the way, what was Hillary's response to this question?

Oh...that's right...she wasn't asked, and she wasn't required to answer if she would support Donald Trump when he is elected President.

If she had been, she would have had to choke on her own (lying) words to say the Politically expedient thing...that she would bow to him as POTUS - because she knows full well that (as Trump promised in the last debate), he will appoint a Special Prosecutor to look into her Private Server and the Clinton Foundation corruption. She will go from Presidential candidate to inmate if Trump is elected.

All of this false outrage is really quite astonishing!

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 12:16 AM
link   

He won't accept the results of the election
- He interrupted Hillary to call her a "Nasty Woman"
- He insulted Hispanics by calling immigrants "Bad Hombres"
- He cries every time he is losing something and claims it is rigged (even doubled down on thinking he should have won an emmy).
- He continues to praise Putin.
- He is reckless with nukes
- He lied about saying his sexual assault accusers have been debunked
- He lied about saying he talked about his accusers looks and saying they weren't attractive enough for him to assault

Who really cares. Thanks to Wiki leaks Hillary has done a hundred times worst.

This country has had enough of the same old not working policies for We The People. If America continues down this same path of Hillary and Obama it will destroy this county within a decade.

Globalism is not the answer for America, so far in the last 20 years it has demonstrated a terrible lost in trade deals, lost in our industries, lost in our job markets, and it is destroying the middle class.

What is Hillary going to do about our lost industries? How is Hillary going to create jobs when our country isn't producing anything?

How is open borders helping our security? How is open borders helping American job growth?

Why should illegal immigration get better health care, food stamps, social security checks while our veterans go with little to nothing?

We put illegal before our veterans? Apparently so.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 12:16 AM
link   

This is a cornerstone of our Republic...and just because of Trump's ego, he is going to break tradition.

OMG Trump is breaking a tradition. This is the end of the wold as we know it. All I can say is just

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 12:25 AM
link   
It would have been nice to see Trump actually answer a question.
When asked about whether or not he'd put boots on the ground to combat ISIS, all he could do is go back to that broken record response about Hillary somehow creating ISIS. Give me a freakin' break. This is your guy, GOP? Really? So sad.
He's going to get absolutely worked in the election. The Republicans should rightly be concerned about the down-ballot voting because this could be worse for them than Barry Goldwater.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Here is what terrifies me, and keeps me up at night, as someone voting for neither of these individuals.

It isn't the email scandals, Trump's rhetoric, Bill's womanizing, project Veritas, Russian hacking, Benghazi, Comey, or even either of them appointing SCOTUS justices. It isn't even that one seems content to allow Russia to call the shots in Syria, while the other advocates a path both Russia and some of our own generals have said could lead us dangerously close to armed confrontation with Russia, or miscalculation on one or both sides that could trigger the same.

No.

In the long term, it's what all of these, and everyone's feelings on both sides about all of these, are symptoms of in my darkest of fears: a complete and utter cynicism and breaking of any remaining hope of restoring faith in our own ability to raise, educate, cultivate, and then nominate, leaders we can believe in, to people our institutions and public offices... coupled with the dangerous, and ever intensifying tendency of those on both sides of our country's ideological divide to completely write off hope of compromise or reasoned discourse with one another.

People on sites like these have long known our country's governmental institutions and leaders lie to us. Or that they tell half truths, at best. But I think most have, until a seemingly recent tipping point, still held out some hope that if we banded together, if we held to civility, mutual respect, and genuine empathy and care for our countrymen/women, we could eventually turn things around; we could eventually return civility and reason to ourselves as individuals, then to our neighborhoods and communities, and then in time, to our country. I still believe that's possible without extremism or bloodshed. I have to.

But... recently the "paranoia" (as we conspiracy students are often labeled with,) the conspiracy theories, the very real things we all on sites like these have so long been very aware of, the history... has started to go mainstream. But it went mainstream in very polarized, hyperbolized ways, fostered by both "sides." And once that happened, trust in everything began to break down. People can't trust the media, because they believe they're biased. (And they are, on both sides, although I still believe there are journalists who at least try to the best of their ability to simply report the news, and there's still a lot of fact checking and vetting that generally has to happen before stories go to print/air. The problem is more spin and presentation than the actual data points imo.)

People can't trust our intelligence agencies, because of past precedent. People can't trust the military because of past precedent. People can't trust candidates because of their records and their words. People can't trust scientists because they suspect they are being corrupted in some way (maybe that's true, though personally I still believe science in general is distributed, redundant, and widespread enough that any universal effort to censor it would be near impossible this day and age. Thus I tend to be persuaded by the preponderance of scientific evidence, generally.) Likewise with the FBI, the DOJ, etc. etc. etc.

The only problem is, while people on both the "left" and the "right" feel this way... and have good reasons to! ... what it is they think is actually going on, and what the actual reality is versus what we're being told, is different depending on which "side" you're on. (Though, strangely, because of how profound this lack of trust has become, many do seem willing to trust foreign sources of information... as though they somehow don't also have agendas or exploit misinformation. I feel this is dangerous and that there are no saints the world power stage, but I digress.)

I would never argue that there are no reasons for this distrust in our leaders or institutions. Or even candidates. There most certainly are. For me, on both sides. And everything in between. But with enough skepticism, reason, mutual respect, and refusal - and this is important - refusal to be drawn into this widening gyre of disdain and resentment, instead willing ourselves to say, "You know what? I disagree with you. I'm not going to go with you on that. BUT, you are still my countryman/woman, and a fellow human being, and wherever we end up we've got to get there together," we still have a chance to turn things around - even if it takes a generation or two - and replace what we lament about our system with something that serves all of our wellbeings and freedoms... right? That's what we're supposed to believe... isn't it?

But... few seem to believe that now. Instead, increasingly all that remains is that distrust. That mutual resentment, bitterness and, even if people won't call it that... hate. The result? No one trusts anyone or anything, yet no one agrees on or compromises on anything. There's a word for where this will lead us given enough time: CHAOS. (And if you don't think this is at least one possible goal of forces outside our country, I respect your opinion, but since as I said, I see no saints on the world stage... I respectfully disagree. Some of them are sitting back and watching all this with great interest.)

So what keeps me up at night is not which "side" wins, or who is right or wrong. What keeps me up at night, my greatest fear, is what will happen... not this election necessarily even, but a few cycles from now, if things continue to spiral at this rate, and intensify as they have, and these trends all persist... when a candidate on one side or the other really does refuse to concede? Really does call on his or her electorate "not to take it" and to "take to the streets."

Who would prevent it? People don't trust the electoral college. People don't trust the courts. People don't trust the police. People don't trust the military. People don't trust the executive. People don't trust the legislature. So violence breaks out... people take sides... a state of emergency is declared... And then what? What is the inevitable outcome of that? It won't be the prepper (and I have great respect for preppers, don't misunderstand my words) dream of total independence and bringing the government to heel, I can tell you that. It would be a massacre. A living nightmare.

We may, here, today, not by Trump's words or Clinton's, but by the underlying dynamics of which they are mere symptoms, be witnessing the terrifying unraveling of the few remaining vestiges of our ability to make this system work. Or at least the faint rumblings of that.

I don't want to live in that future! Nor do I want to be an architect, witting or unwitting, of it. Therefore, while I have no doubt it will change little if anything... and while I can do nothing beyond this, as my means and voice are both limited, I am going to do the one thing I can. The ONLY thing I can. And that is make this pledge to anyone who sees this.

Whoever you are, whatever you believe, no matter how much I may personally disagree with you, I vow to you on my honor, for whatever that's worth, to respect you, to remain civil towards you, to feel not one iota of hatred for you, and to regard you as my fellow countryman/woman and/or human being, to treat you with dignity, and to care what happens to you. Because that bond, is all we have left.

Right the ship. There are rocks ahead...

Peace.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: AceWombat04
Well put good sir. Very well put indeed. More power to you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join