It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Won the debate?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:
(post by IAMNOTYOU removed for a manners violation)

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 04:06 AM
link   
just started watching and one thing i have noticed is that donalds sniffles are gone and he looks tired as hell, one eye is bigger than the other and he seems to have burnt himself out. hillary looks great and i am not a fan of either candidate, i am just pointing this out because trump was saying that hillary was sick, old and dying, lol it looks like the other way around to me. trump loves to make fun of looks so i say he's fair game.
edit on 20-10-2016 by conspiracy nut because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 04:15 AM
link   
spoke too soon he started snifflin hard!!! how long is that cold gonna last? ooh i like hillary said we should deport every violent criminal illegal.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 04:20 AM
link   
It looked like Hillary was gonna cry a few times...

so gotta give Trump the win.

edit on 20-10-2016 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 07:22 AM
link   
i think Trump won in the sense he HAD to do what is for him, well, in order to show he was still in this race and somewhat viable to his base and some undecideds.

Verbally Trump did well for him, getting alot of good quips in there. Substance wise Trump is somewhat weak but depending on the topic he can have alot to offer especially on the economy and trade related stuff which he seems somewhat comfortable with if not knowledgeable, and also the issue of security and terrorism which doesnt needs as much substance as a simple message that hes going to be very tough on those issues.

Clinton did pretty good....she did seem very scripted but surprisingly and enjoyable she got a few good quips of her own out there. Substance wise she also gets a weak rating from me because even though she addresses different topics she offers nothing very specific about how she will achieve her goals and this is actually a very common problem with politicians in general...they say theyre going to do this or that, making very broad sweeping statements but where the rubber meets the road there is little to no details about how they will actually make those things happen.

Heres an example. Say im claiming im going to bring a lot of jobs back by lowering taxes on the super rich, like Trump says. WEll, that tells me almost nothing about the specific ways doing that will create more jobs, or am i to assume that he means because rich people often own businesses that they will hire more people if their taxes are lower? Perhaps that is the assumption but i dont think everyone will be able to make that leap.

Same with Clinton, she says shes going to create jobs or do this or that but the so called solutions are just very broad and could be interpreted in so many ways.

This is what i would do. I would say ok in this sector, say coal, im going to create this many jobs by relaxing regulations on coal power and extraction and that will by its very nature allow those companies to make more money and hire more people.

Or one could say ' on the west coast were going to create more timber jobs by relaxing the federal management over forests and logging on public land etc.

Or one could say im going to create jobs in the desert parts of the US by incentivising solar farms and get people jobs that way through infrastructure development....

or or or a hundred other ways to specifically say how youre going to create jobs. Just saying your going to create jobs magically by lowering or raising taxes doesnt tell us anything. I like specifics and on that both Trump and Clinton fail to make their case much of the time and anyone whos not beholden to either candidate likely HEARS the lack of substance and detail in their plans.

all in all, it was THE most entertaining debate between them and i enjoyed it a great deal. I think they both came off great to their supporters which is what they needed to do. There were no serious gaffes that i could point to which could make or break the debate for either candidate and they both scored some good points with well timed quips and jabs which are the bread and butter of the modern entertainment oriented populace.....sure to score some points with undecideds probably as well.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

IMO, Hillary won hands down.

But then I thought she was debating Walter, the disgruntled Jeff Dunham puppet.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 07:51 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Joneselius

Let me ask you this instead.

Do you like nuclear war? If you do then you'll love Hillary, she wants it.

A no fly zone in Syria will 100% WITHOUT A DOUBT, don't even think about it, cause a nuclear war. 100%.....

Hillary likes that idea. As I said, no one won, we've all lost.....

This!

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I didn’t watch the debate. I did, however, see a photograph of Mr Trump and his family taken immediately afterwards.

Does he look like a winner? Do the other people in the photo look like people applauding their victorious champions?

Whoever we think won the debate, it’s pretty clear what they think.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax
I didn’t watch the debate. I did, however, see a photograph of Mr Trump and his family taken immediately afterwards.

Does he look like a winner? Do the other people in the photo look like people applauding their victorious champions?

They are looking down at a step or something and you call this proof of what? That they are feeling low?

PATHETIC!

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax

That's called the agony of Da-feet!!..or is it

Da walk of.. shame! shame! ting ding shame! shame! ting ding..
:lol
edit on 20-10-2016 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   

a reply to: Informer1958

Over 200 million dead people have voted for Hillary so far.

Please show me proof that 200 million dead people voted for Hillary.

Legitimate voter fraud is extremely rare.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: imitator
It looked like Hillary was gonna cry a few times...

so gotta give Trump the win.

You think that makes Trump look good? In the minds of many independents and undecideds, Trump comes across like a woman-hating bully. Hillary looked very vulnerable when she was talking about his treatment of women, so much so that I assumed it was a calculated move to elicit sympathy. Either way, if it was acting, it was GOOD acting.

It reinforced the image of Trump as someone who is willing to push women around.

And Trump played it all wrong.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: kyleplatinum

Well, if you accept heavily edited videos from know frauds as fact I guess.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: BubbaJoe

THAT would be cool.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Trump clearly won this debate. On the other hand, what this debate showed me, like the others this year is that now it is ok to break the law at any level.. You want something, just go take it. That has been and always will be the left's ideology and it seems to be a winning strategy for them. You dont have to work for anything and anything others have earned is yours for the taking. Obama said as much and Hillary is carrying a torch for him..

You can lie, cheat, steal and murder your way to the top. If Clinton is elected, you can bet that the race to the bottom will accelerate in this country.

Bottom line, you had better prepare for the worst because with Hillary that is exactly what we will get.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Double Post..
edit on 20-10-2016 by JimmyJones63 because: Double Post..

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   

In my book women love a women president, so that side will always be hard to fight. Just like African americans wanted a black president. Both large sections of the American vote, obviously this sways the vote always. So before Trump's point are heard, majority of voters will not take to him. This is not due to his views but him being who he is.

Hilary has the backing of her Husband and many Americans will feel more comfortable letting a known candidate back into the office. Again, this goes against Trump.

So if Trump comes close or wins, that is a big win. Considering you have to spin the heads of people that find anything of a change to be difficult to accept and also the fact they do not know him so well.

I wish trump the best, I may not agree with all his views but his overall character is that of an American one. He has a good temperament. Hilary, I personally feel will take the world to a new world war. She is too egotistic to allow another country to state it's claim.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I think it's easy to say that Clinton "won" this debate, simply because she remained on point and was able to articulate her responses quite well. She presented herself well.

Trump, on the other hand, appeared to be much more restrained but lacked in substance. In fact, you could have taken a Right Wing conspiracy theorist, dressed him in a nice suit, put him on stage and the overall message/rhetoric would have been the same. He was regurgitating conspiratorial nonsense.

The claims of a rigged election and personal attacks mimic much of the same content we see posted on this very site.

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join