It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here we go again...Iran's a nuclear threat

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Last Update: 24/01/2005 14:14

Mossad chief warns of Iranian nuclear threat

By Gideon Alon, Haaretz Correspondent and Haaretz Service

Mossad chief Meir Dagan warned Monday that the atomic threat posed by Iran will soon reach the point of no return in a nuclear arms race.

www.haaretz.com...

Dagan, reviewing the security situation for the Knesset Foreign Affairs and Defense Committee, told committee members that Iran is attempting to lead the International Atomic Energy Agency astray.

According to Dagan, Russia is still helping Iran build its nuclear reactor in Bushehr.

Here we go again...more bad intelligence? Instigators ? In Iran's case im sure this is the case but there's never a shortage of people pointing fingers and the anxious ones wanting for us to start a war...

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Well since the IAEA did such a very good job policing nukes in India, Pakistain, and N Korea no wonder the US and Israel are getting a bit "worried". The UN isn't the one going to get nuked if Iran succeeds. And isnce the EU is becoming increasingly Muslim they won't be a target either. But if Iran (Islam) attacks Rome then all bets are off.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid
Well since the IAEA did such a very good job policing nukes in India, Pakistain, and N Korea no wonder the US and Israel are getting a bit "worried". The UN isn't the one going to get nuked if Iran succeeds. And isnce the EU is becoming increasingly Muslim they won't be a target either. But if Iran (Islam) attacks Rome then all bets are off.

just like they have done such a fantastic job of policing the US, they only have 8000 nukes now

Also the percentage of the entire european population who are muslims is tiny, miniscule. There are approx 23 million muslims out of a total population of roughly 375 million and bare in mind that europe includes muslims countries such as turkey! I agree that europe probably wont be a target but that's because we dont go around bullying the rest of the world.

You say that the UN wont get nuked but you are aware that the UN headquarters is in New York aren't you?

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by arnold_vosloo

just like they have done such a fantastic job of policing the US, they only have 8000 nukes now

You don't really know how it all works do you. IAEA was started to keep those countries beyond the original nuke-boys out of the nuke world. And last I looked Turkey isn't part of the EU. So nice try..........

Turkey and the EU link

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 10:06 AM
link   

The UN isn't the one going to get nuked if Iran succeeds.

How on earth could the UN not get nuked in the event of an attack? Last time i checked it was a world body that has representation from just about every country in the world so at least one member would be the target. Are you suggesting they will nuke somewhere off-world, Mars perhaps

[edit on 24-1-2005 by Trent]

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 10:32 AM
link   

You don't really know how it all works do you. IAEA was started to keep those countries beyond the original nuke-boys out of the nuke world. And last I looked Turkey isn't part of the EU. So nice try..........

Try actually reading the post before replying next time dumbass.

I didn't mention the EU but I suppose the concept of a country being in europe but not part of the EU is a little bit too difficult for you to comprehend and it may have had a few too many difficult words for you. I know its difficult being american and not understanding what the civilised world is talking about. I'll try and make it a little clearer for you next time, i promise I wont use any big words in future.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Hey that's being a bit nasty, I admit the "good Doctor" can get a bit annoying some times (as do i no doubt
) but what you said comes close to a personal attack i think

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 10:42 AM
link   
The EU is the European Union, not europe. Europe is the continent, i dont think you can ask to join a continent somehow....

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Id say thats a personal attack. Heck, thats nearly the definition of a personal attack. Id edit your post quik or you may be getting a visit from the "ban" stick soon.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Anyway, why do the Americans think Iran will attack its neighbours with any nukes it has? It'll do the smart thing and use them as a deterrent to stop people like the US trying to go in and set up a crappy government like theyve done in Iraq.

Nuclear weapons are a deterrent. no sane country would start a nuclear war. no insane country for that matter would start a nuclear war. it is an eventuality that wont happen unless some idiot like bush gets bored and presses the big red button on his dads desk.(anyone who watches 2DTV will get this)

[edit on 24/1/05 by Rubber]

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Iran has always been a nuke threat but so is China, India etc. Anyone who has nukes including us is a threat. I can only hope we are not building up to head into Iran as I personally feel any more efforts in the middle east are useless. The middle east is chaos and has been since time began. They have to help themselves and resolve their own problems. It is a matter of religion and the West is in a no win situation to remain there.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 10:52 AM
link   
This seems to be the norm lately, down right dirty name calling.

Lets try to be mature today and stick with the issues, ok?

[edit on 24-1-2005 by dgtempe]

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 10:54 AM
link   

I didn't mention the EU but I suppose the concept of a country being in europe but not part of the EU is a little bit too difficult for you to comprehend and it may have had a few too many difficult words for you. I know its difficult being american and not understanding what the civilised world is talking about. I'll try and make it a little clearer for you next time, i promise I wont use any big words in future.

Nice try to divert attention by calling someone names. But, Turkey isn't part of Europe either.

[Country Profile

The lands of Turkey are located at a point where the three continents making up the old world. Asia, Africa and Europe are closest to each other, and straddle the point where Europe and Asia meet. Geographically, the country is located in the northern half of the hemisphere at a point that is about halfway between the equator and the north pole, at a longitude of 36 degrees N to 42 degrees N and a latitude of 26 degrees E to 45 degrees E. Turkey is roughly rectangular in shape and is 1,660 kilometers wide.

Because of its geographical location the mainland of Anatolia has always found favour throughout history, and is the birthplace of many great civilizations. It has also been prominent as a centre of commerce because of its land connections to three continents and the sea surrounding it on three sides.]

"Eastern Mediterranean. Located on two continents: Europe and Asia. The European part of Turkey is called Thrace, while the Asian part is called Anatolia (or Asia Minor)"

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 11:00 AM
link   
why are you going on about which continent turkey is on? enough of it is in europe to count it as elligible to join the european union so what do we care?

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I thought this might happen, infact i could just see it coming...

Just one point - If America has one of the biggest nuclear aresenals on the planet... Why do they complain if other countries start to get nuclear weapons? The other countries dont complain at America!! Talk about hypocritial!!

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 12:29 PM
link   
yes, we're hypocrates given the fact that we are the ones poliicing the world and the first ones who'd push "the button"

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 01:21 PM
link   
OK, people lets leave the speculation get to the point.

When was the last time that any country used nuclear devices in the world?

Yes..........we all know.

Now when has been the last time either Pakistan, China, India, Israel, NK or any other nuclear holding countries has attack each other?

Yes...........we all Know.

Iran is not thread to any neighboring countries and neither any other countries with nuclear powers. Get it?

Now I am more worry about our god send president with "talks beyond the starts" than any of the countries that have nuclear power now.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Excuse my ignorance, but isn't Israel going to invade Iran for us? I think that the invasion of Iraq and Afganistan has pushed leaders of other countries to increase their efforts concerning nuclear technology. If you got the Nukes, the U.S. won't invade you.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by abigail
Iran has always been a nuke threat but so is China, India etc. Anyone who has nukes including us is a threat. I can only hope we are not building up to head into Iran as I personally feel any more efforts in the middle east are useless. The middle east is chaos and has been since time began. They have to help themselves and resolve their own problems. It is a matter of religion and the West is in a no win situation to remain there.

Iran has NEVER been a "nuke threat" and is not one now. You need to have the things to be a threat.

DH is correct that Turkey is not in Europe, although it will soon be part of the EU.

This whole thing is just hilarious speculation that has no evidence. Still with Europe and Russias backing for Iranian goals of Nuclear energy I doubt anyone will invade them.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Look folks, usually I'm right with all of you against this administration. But not in this case. We should've never gone into Iraq. But Iran obtaining nukes is a different story. Many of you are against this in the name of peace. But do you really think Iran's fundamental religious leaders will be responsible with nuclear weapons? I don't. If you do, are you 100% sure? Being wrong would be very very bad. They feel it is their religious duty to destroy Israel, I have little doubt if given the means to do so, they would, honestly. If they are also destroyed that is acceptable to them because we all know that to die in battle for Allah is a good thing to them. I know marg, you will say Bush is a religious fundamentalist but he's not, don't let him fool you too. It was all a ploy to manipulate the brainwashed evangelical sheep to secure his re-election. He's just a greedy, money hungry corporate whore. Nothing more. I will ask the same question that I have in other threads: Is everybody willing to put the lives of their children in the hands of true Islamic fundamentalists? And do you guys think it is in the best interest of peace on Earth to allow a nuclear free-for-all? Keep in mind the law of averages. And unlike Iraq, Iran IS pursuing nuclear weapons, I think we can all agree on that.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join