It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man, I am having serious GOT withdrawals!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: searcherfortruth

I mean they do not have the same characters in the show as they do in the books, do they?

Most of the main characters are all in the book, there are lots of other characters that are in the book, but not the show.

I don't think it would be anti-climactic to read the books. The series is amazing, and way better than the TV show. You can't just read a book or though, this is a series that needs to be read from start to finish, and then over again.
edit on 19-10-2016 by Jennyfrenzy because: ...

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 02:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: ValentineWiggin
Pretty sure you're going to be waiting longer than that!

Air date: Summer 2016
That link says Summer 2016... I am confused. Surely I didn't miss season 7.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 03:23 AM
link   
I just read all the books over a week or so and found them very absorbing.

So much so that I decided to buy all the DVDs and have just finished watching Season 2. Imagine my disappointment when I discovered that Season 6 won't be available until mid-November. Oh, the agony of waiting

I've noticed that the TV programme is already diverging significantly from the books which, to me, seems a shame.

Some of the actors have been a bit underwhelming but I love Tyrion. He could be in every scene and it wouldn't be enough.

With no more books or TV series to look forward to in the near future I'm left wondering if I might amuse myself with action figures. Er, yeah. Perhaps not at 15 to 20 quid a pop...

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: berenike the show is different but season 6 had some great moments like when-nope,aint gonna spoil it for you.Like both,prefer the books though.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 07:14 AM
link   
The next season is only going to be around 7 episodes too.

And the final season after that, 6 episodes.

Personally I would have rather had the final run of 13 episodes all in one year, but I can understand HBO being keen to cut it in half and run it over two years.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: searcherfortruth
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

The books would be anti-climatic at this point, heck I didn't even watch the show until it had been out 4 seasons. I don't know, maybe I will break down and read a book or 2, but that would only confuse the crap out me probably, I mean they do not have the same characters in the show as they do in the books, do they?

You're missing an awful lot of the details by not reading the books, particularly with regards to the motivations and thoughts of the many point-of-view characters and how and why certain events happen as they do. I just completed my fourth reading of the series this summer. If you're that big of a fan of the show, its a worthwhile investment of your time to give the books a shot.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: vor78

The A song of Ice and Fire books are outstanding. GRRM puts so much thought in to the details of every single character in the books.

I also re-read the books once a year, and discover something new, every time. I write and highlight all over the pages, and have a notebook to write my thoughts and ideas down. I take it very seriously, lol, and have 4 sets of the series. My husband thinks that's crazy, but he doesn't read the series, so he couldn't possible understand.

Frey pies anyone?

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: berenike

Some of the actors have been a bit underwhelming but I love Tyrion. He could be in every scene and it wouldn't be enough.

Tyrion is my absolute favorite! Always enjoy his chapters in the books, he is hilarious. The show cast him perfectly, just wish the made him look a little more like his discription in the book.

I've always felt the first description GRRM gives us of Tyrion, in A Game of Thrones, was very important and alludes to something very interesting.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Jennyfrenzy Reading the books Tywin seemed to suspect wifey was unfaithful-The mad kingTargaryen may have a short son,blond haired dwarf maybe?Fan theory on ASOIF for a while now.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: ridgerunner

It was more the other way around. Aerys had a thing for Tywin's wife, and according to the books, acted inappropriately toward her on her wedding night to Tywin. We don't know the extent of it, but we do know that many years passed between that and Tyrion's birth, and also that Tywin later served as hand of the king under Aerys and even tried to marry Cersei off to Rhaegar at one point. Given Tywin's personality and penchant for remembering slights against him, its unlikely he would have done those things unless the rumors about Aerys and his wife were either exaggerated or pure falsehood. It wasn't until Aerys named Jaime to the kingsguard and effectively robbed Tywin of his heir that the wedge was really driven between them. Furthermore, had he believed Tyrion wasn't his, its not likely that Tyrion would have lived long for the same reasons.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Yeah,remember that Tywin had said he had no evidence that Tyrion wasn`t his son at one point,been several years since I read that one,maybe a reread of the series will last till Winds of Winter comes out- if it ever does

top topics

<< 1   >>

join