It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Man, I am having serious GOT withdrawals!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Do we really have to wait 6 more months for GOT to come back? Holy hell! I can only watch reruns so many times before I scream! I wish this was a yearly show and I have never said that about any before. Why can't they give us more, these selfish sonsofwitches, who do they think they are, leaving us for so damn long, OMG! If I could find them and give them a piece of my mind! They better be damned glad I don't have my own Dragons!

End of rant.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I wonder if you read the books?

I finished a dance with dragons in what feels like 2 or so years ago and still no winds of winter.

Seems like they're just more interested in doing the show now.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Pretty sure you're going to be waiting longer than that!

Air date: Summer 2016

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Don't worry you are not alone.

Have you read all the books its a good way to fill the time if you haven't.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ValentineWiggin

NO WAY THE F YOU SAY, really? I thought it was coming back in April. That sucks, where are my damn dragons when I need them!

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

The books would be anti-climatic at this point, heck I didn't even watch the show until it had been out 4 seasons. I don't know, maybe I will break down and read a book or 2, but that would only confuse the crap out me probably, I mean they do not have the same characters in the show as they do in the books, do they?

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: corvuscorrax
Istill no winds of winter.

It pisses me off.

Read the series twice now. Some books more. Seen everything but the last season multiple times. I've just got to know. I'm seriously ready for a torches and pitch forks parade to GRR Martin's house. Except the shock might kill him and we'd get no more story.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   
WestWorld will get you through.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: corvuscorrax

Well the show does cost about 15 million an episode to make or some outrageous number like that, so I have heard. It is much easier to depict the story and reach the masses this way. It GOT me hooked! LOL!

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I am always late for the party, so you like that show do you? Give me a little info about it to help me decide.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   
am i the only person who's never watched game of thrones?
by my logic that makes me pretty cool.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

Give that dragon member a call, I forget his name Syx something, maybe he can transport you on his dragon! Heck stop by and snatch me up and I will hold Martin down for you while we force feed him story plots!

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rikku
am i the only person who's never watched game of thrones?
by my logic that makes me pretty cool.

Not really saying you have never watched game of thornes to me is like saying you have never had sex, you really don't know what your missing out on!

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Rikku

Took me 4 years to give in, but once I binged watched all the episodes in like 3 days, I was hooked. Here is a link if you dare, watch the pilot episode in season 1, just that one and see if you are not mesmerized enough to go for number 2, then 3, then 4, etc.......!

GAME OF THRONES (2011) TV-MA

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: searcherfortruth

Oh boy, so you don't know huh? Well, you're not gonna have to wait 6 months, more like over 1 year. There will be no GOT this April or May. It will air again next winter because in GOT winter has finally come and they have to wait for actual winter to come and go before they can start shooting.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   
The shows great,but the books are way better.Trouble is waiting 5 years between them sucks.Some good reading on asong of fire and ice website if you need a fix.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   
If you liked Game of Thrones, you might like "The Last Kingdom".
I loved that show too - similar kind of setup, based in Anglo-Saxon England... a really well shot and acted drama with plenty of swordplay and conflict.

If you haven't seen that yet, I'd highly recommend it. It won't get you through to April, of course, but... it's something.

[edit] The Last Kingdom was apparently so good that Netflix signed on to co-produce season 2.
I guess their budget just went through the roof...
edit on 19-10-2016 by Awen24 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: searcherfortruth

Read the books. There is so much more detail and they're very well written.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Rikku

I was like you around season 4 but I ended up breaking and watching it and now, I'm hooked. It really is a fascinating and well put together show.

To get my fix I'm currently watching Lucifer, South Park and The Blacklist now they're back, if I can't find anything else then I usually just watch reruns of Stargate or any of the Star Trek series.

Walking Dead is a show I haven't seen yet so I always have that as a backup

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Same here, but also having A Song of Ice and Fire withdrawals as well.

Come on, GRRM, please release The Winds of Winter next year. I'm hoping the reason it's taking so long, is because he is also working on A Dream of Spring. Yeah right, lol. Hate that the show may spoil the ending of the book series, but I'll still watch.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join