It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama’s plan to make the administrative state permanent

page: 1

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Interesting idea presented in this article about how Obama is placing many people into "permanent" bureaucratic positions ahead of his exit from office.

One odd thing is, beginning in 2010, this type of movement is supposed to be approved by the Office of Personnel Management.

The Government Accountability Office has since found a few position changes that bypassed the OPM !!!

I bet Obama had this plan back in 2009 and set up the guidelines just to place people into a comfort zone to reduce the visibility.

Looks like he is doing this to either sabotage a future President he dislikes, or to set up a smooth sailing ship for a favorable future President.

I bet these people have 2 sets of orders.

Very clever. Smoked glass is always transparent.

Obama’s plan to make the administrative state permanent

President Obama’s cronies are being placed into permanent staff positions in the federal government and the Administration is not even bothering to follow its own personnel rules which govern the process.

This is the unmistakable conclusion after reading a recent report from the Government Accountability Office (GAO). The report shows that the Obama Administration has been converting Obama’s political appointees into career positions without prior approval from the Office of Personnel Management (OPM).

The OPM director in November of 2009 made a big show of the new policy requiring prior approval for these conversions, stating: “I believe we must hold ourselves and the government to a higher standard, one that honors and supports the President’s strong commitment to a Government that is transparent and open. OPM’s responsibility to uphold the merit system is not limited to Presidential election years nor to competitive service appointments. That is why I am instituting a change in OPM policy with respect to hiring political appointees for civil service jobs.

The GAO reviewed 30 agencies and found that 28 had converted political positions to career positions for 69 individuals. Of those 69 conversions, 17 had been accomplished without the required approval from OPM.

In some cases the agencies have been forced to relist the job notice and start the hiring process for those positions all over again. Others were approved after the fact.

One is left to wonder what the agencies were trying to hide by sneaking through the conversions without the required approval.

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   
That snip needs to stop.

One president can't make them 'permanent'.

No president can limit the power of a future president.

That's not how it works.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   
OH yes, the activist would LIBERALLY place SJWs WHERE EVER he could from the beginning,it was expected.
"Cloward and Piven" requires it if he couldn't bring us down,hisself.
edit on 19-10-2016 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   
The puppet placed those that the Establishment want in permanent positions, it's how it works.

It doesn't matter though, because they are so blatant now, and not many people are paying attention.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   
For every action there's an equal reaction, this corruption will end no matter what Obama does or how long it takes

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I wonder how many of the permanent positions are linked with the Clinton Foundation.

We'll see in time.

Good find.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I have to ask, does this really matter?

With the DOJ, FBI, and IRS now known to be politically corrupted, how hard would it really be to "fire for cause" those career bureaucrats and replace them with political allies?

After this election politics will become a bloodsport.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: 200Plus
I have to ask, does this really matter?

With the DOJ, FBI, and IRS now known to be politically corrupted, how hard would it really be to "fire for cause" those career bureaucrats and replace them with political allies?

After this election politics will become a bloodsport.

New people with a new administration might have trouble identifying any hidden booby traps.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Interesting, great find Xue!

Got to watch all of his moves these last months.

He appears visibly rattled too, stuttering more talking
about Donald.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Are we that obtuse to realize this is evidently how the game is played regardless of political persuasion.

Top hit of my Google search:

www.washingtonpost.com...

Administration Protects Bush Appointees by Converting Positions to Career Civil Service Jobs

TOOLBOX
Resize
Print
Reprints
By Juliet Eilperin and Carol D. Leonnig
Washington Post Staff Writers
Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Just weeks before leaving office, the Interior Department's top lawyer has shifted half a dozen key deputies -- including two former political appointees who have been involved in controversial environmental decisions -- into senior civil service posts.

The transfer of political appointees into permanent federal positions, called "burrowing" by career officials, creates security for those employees, and at least initially will deprive the incoming Obama administration of the chance to install its preferred appointees in some key jobs.

Similar efforts are taking place at other agencies. Two political hires at the Labor Department have already secured career posts there, and one at the Department of Housing and Urban Development is trying to make the switch.

Between March 1 and Nov. 3, according to the federal Office of Personnel Management, the Bush administration allowed 20 political appointees to become career civil servants. Six political appointees to the Senior Executive Service, the government's most prestigious and highly paid employees, have received approval to take career jobs at the same level.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   
There will be a huge firing of government employees should Trump succeed. I hope he wipes out the double dippers in the DoD. The government has become so corrupted over the last eight year's Chicagoland Style politics it would be best to scrap the whole damn thing and start hiring from scratch.

ETA: Trump ... Landslide ... Expect It!!

edit on 19102016 by Snarl because: ETA

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: terrapincb

But But But

Obama changed rules to prevent this !!!!

Then he does it anyway !!!!

DaaaaHaHaHa

Did you miss the whole point or just part of the point?

new topics

top topics

join