It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Surviving The Apocalypse.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 05:52 AM
link   
a reply to: jrome7812

We are divided by a language barrier down to geography and the fact that 70% of our planet is covered by ocean. Language simply developed differently in various areas, and at different times.

If there is a nuclear apocalypse there may not be many human beings left around to rebuild not to mention the fact that who ever is still alive will have to contend with nuclear winter, contaminated land ,atmosphere, foot stuffs and water supply.

Lets just say it wont be the same garden of Eden we allegedly had to begin with.

If god did not wish us to communicate in the same manner(same language) or build great works of engineering(Tower of Babel) then why allow us to create the internet? Or why even make us all in the same image to begin with(his image)?

Humanity needs to address its own issues and solve its own dilemmas. God is obviously rather busy with the rest of the universe given its infinite size and complexity.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

A way you can help young children learn survival skills is through scouting programs with their peers. I was in girl scouts probably from 5 - 11 years old, and I still think back to what I learned about building a fire, keeping warm, how to make things for comfort, so you're not laying in dirt, to this day ( I'm 53). Also family time camping, or day outings to put those skills to work in real life. I'm suprised when I find people my age who don't have a clue how to any of those basic things.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   
An apocalypse is a disclosure of knowledge or revelation. In religious contexts it is usually a disclosure of something hidden
or

Definition of apocalypse
a : one of the Jewish and Christian writings of 200 b.c. to a.d. 150 marked by pseudonymity, symbolic imagery, and the expectation of an imminent cosmic cataclysm in which God destroys the ruling powers of evil and raises the righteous to life in a messianic kingdom
b capitalized : revelation 3
a : something viewed as a prophetic revelation
b : armageddon
: a great disaster

www.merriam-webster.com...
When it happens we will not be worrying about rebuilding another human run society we will finally have a leader that knows what is right for humankind.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

When it happens we will not be worrying about rebuilding another human run society we will finally have a leader that knows what is right for humankind.

We can hope can't we.

My only concern is that we have always had a leader that knows what is right for humankind, but the Bible says we have rejected his offers throughout time.

That is how we got kicked out of the garden of Eden, and why we had Kings as rulers, as this was never his desire for us.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

We can hope can't we.

My only concern is that we have always had a leader that knows what is right for humankind, but the Bible says we have rejected his offers throughout time.

That is how we got kicked out of the garden of Eden, and why we had Kings as rulers, as this was never his desire for us.

Yes I agree, well I have more than hope I am certain we are both loved and cared for things will be put right but I see a nice paved downhill road with so many lanes they can't be counted full of people, one little uphill rocky trail full of holes and thorns. I an trying to walk that path but if I don't make it I am still happy knowing that some will!
edit on 7-12-2016 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Yes I agree, well I have more than hope I am certain we are both loved and cared for things will be put right but I see a nice paved downhill road with so many lanes they can't be counted full of people, one little uphill rocky trail full of holes and thorns. I an trying to walk that path but if I don't make it I am still happy knowing that some will!

I promise I will extend a hand if I find you stuck in a hole, or snared in the brambles, if I meet you along the path.

I am traveling that road myself right now. It is steep, painful, and slow going. I will not give up putting one foot in front of the other for as long as I can.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 03:39 AM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Yes that would be a HUGE factor in the survival of humanity. These people mean that surviving in the apocalypse would not be a global affair. However in the rebuild phase would require global communication, and without the INTERNET our civilization would sadly have to divide and rebuild individually. I agree we should have a universal language BUT it would be quite difficult as proven by peoples responses.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   

A big puzzler for me, is why in a world were communication is critical to survival and happiness, do we still not have a universal language. A language that we agree to teach all children from birth. Of course they can still hold on to the language of their culture, but that would be their second language.

We do.

English. Closest thing at least.

I really don't see it as much of a factor though. IF the SHTF, the world suddenly becomes a MUCH BIGGER place....
Most folks won't range more than ten miles from their home in such a scenario. Doubt language will be much of an issue.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join