It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newlywed dumped by husband after being seen without Makeup

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac
How do you get married to someone without ever going swimming with them first? How does this even happen? He never saw her between taking a shower and spending an hour putting on a face? There's something wrong with both of these people.

Seriously? Swimming is a prerequisite to marriage? Surely you jest. But this is a Muslim culture. They don't normally go about half-naked. At the every least showing off your body is frowned upon. In many places a woman cannot even show her face to anyone but near relatives. We don't know the context here and these statement of ridicule are basically people with Western values dumping on Muslim culture. It's what you call "ethnocentric," judging another culture with the values of your own. There's no real qualitative difference between what you are doing and when Muslims say they want Sharia Law implemented here. In both cases one culture wants to impose their own values upon another.
edit on 10/19/2016 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   
He is not completely in the wrong, she lied to him, kept secrets. Would any of you follow through with a marriage if you find out your partner was hiding things from your relationship.

Not a great start if you base your marriage on lies.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac
How do you get married to someone without ever going swimming with them first?

How does this even happen? He never saw her between taking a shower and spending an hour putting on a face?

There's something wrong with both of these people.

Many people don't have sex or live together before marriage particularly in other countries on moral grounds.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Well, gee. Hmmm.....Saudi? And he didn't know what she looked like because they weren't free to choose love mates, and weren't friends and so this guy who supports that misogynist system can get a check on his rage, and blame himself for not working overtime to change his country into a safe place of equality and freedom for everyone, to wear what they want, think what they want, worship or not worship what they want, and hang out together while growing up, fool around when they want, in short BE FREE AND NOT ABUSED AND ENSLAVED, because the karma for buying into any belief system that enslaves another is kind of big on the other side of life.

PERIOD!
edit on 19-10-2016 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

In both cases one culture wants to impose their own values upon another.

Real love is the same wherever you go it is about the person not the package they are in. If it were about scars from plastic or cosmetic surgery surely they will fade unless some quack did it how bad could it be I wonder.
If the whole thing is about something else, perhaps the use of plastic surgery or some taboo she engaged in and lied by omission that is something else.

edit on 19-10-2016 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: EchoesInTime

No pictures, no names, breach of confidentiality rules that exist in the UAE? I don't think this is a real story at all, but a propaganda fable created to warn the women of the Middle East of what could happen when they don't adhere to Muslim beauty ideals.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   
This makes headlines because why?

He married her without ever seeing her without makeup, ever?

She can't just put more makeup back on?

Lol.. Retarded.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Sounds like they were made for each other.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   
They edited out the "arab" part of the story
gulfnews.com...

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I advise a burka.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   

That is disgraceful.

It is disgraceful that the man considered marrying a woman he did not know well enough to see without make up, and it is disgraceful that he dumped her on such a shallow pretext as well. But it is also shameful that culture has "developed" to the point where physical attributes are considered so highly, even in extreme cases like this, where a woman feels she must hide her face from the world, even her betrothed, lest she fall short of some utterly ridiculous expectation.

I know what it is to be in love. I have stood before each of the women who have been in my life, both made up to the eyesockets, and plain after waking, still gummy eyed with sleep, hair in every place but the right one, not yet even stretched, slumped in the stupor of waking up, yawning widely and without self awareness. In those moments where even the best appraisal a person could make of their status, was utter dishevelment, I saw them and believed them each, none the less and at the time, to be angelic in countenance, exactly as nature meant, to the extent where to paint that wonderful edifice or mask any small detail thereof, seemed like the worst affront to good taste.

That is just one of many facets of love. And yet I have never even been married, though I fully intended to be on two occasions throughout my life. Devotion, adoration, commitment, loyalty, connection both physical and spiritual, these things are what is necessary to function a marriage. This situation though? It contained too little of that by a long shot.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

TrueBrit you are one of my most favorite posters here. You speak so eloquently and are such a gentleman.

Whoever wins your heart will be one lucky lady!

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Yes his posts look really good with that fat layer of make up.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join