It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As climate change floods Florida, Marco Rubio refuses to acknowledge science

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Gravity is continually pulling on every single molecule in an attempt to get it as close to the planetary center of gravity as possible.

Not exactly. Continental masses "pull" sideways. Various areas on the planet exert more and less gravity than others.
Interesting that Indonesia seems to attract seawater. Oh, assuming that the satellite data is not inaccurate, of course.
sealevel.nasa.gov...

I would like to see some reports on that sometime; it sounds quite interesting.

scholar.google.com...

edit on 10/20/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Hahaha, you're really stretching Phage. OK, OK, I'll give you a break. There is a slight sideways component to gravitational forces emanating from dense objects among less dense objects. It is not enough to matter, seeing the bulk of the planet is still underneath the water, but yes, if you can get something sensitive enough to measure it, that component exists.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Hahaha, you're really stretching Phage.
No. Just pointing out factors which you seem to disregard.

Note how variations in mean sea level correspond to variations in gravity. Coincidence?
gravity

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lice000

You just don't get it...Im done. You have a comprehension deficit and you are all over the place. Temperature drives CO2 levels, get over it.

That is simply not the case, you have presented zero evidence to back up your claim. Are you really trying to imply the rise of CO2 that we are observing all over the world is NOT the result of burning fossil fuels? Are you trying to imply radiative forcing is not real?

Just a few days ago as a result of extremely high tides, NOT storm surge, the ocean was literally coming out of storm drains to flood some of the streets of Key West, Florida.

It is asinine that Rubio and Rick Scott refuse to accept man's role in climate change and the consequences the state of Florida is already experiencing.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Ok.. so here is a new published paper that has taken me by surprise and probably will you guys too. It was recently published on Oct. 11, 2016 in Scientific Research Publishing.

It's called "Climate Change: Is Carbon Dioxide the Culprit?"
By, Amagh Nduka with The Department of Physics and Mathematics, Federal University of Technology, Owerri, Nigeria

In this paper it states particle accelerators like CERN are the main culprit for warming and that increasing greenhouse gases cause global cooling.

The following below is the main part of the conclusion as I see it.

Under ordinary conditions, the sun is our world’s sole energy source. In other words, the stationary temperatures of each sub-ensemble are independent of the activities occurring in the sub-ensemble. By ordinary conditions, we mean the energy range of the activity. It could happen, as has been the case since the 1980s that the energy of the activity is in the ultra-high energy range as occurs in modern particle accelerators. Particle accelerators were introduced in physics research in the 1930s, and higher and higher energy accelerators have been in operation in our world ever since. Apart from physics research, these machines find applications in medicine and industry. The stupendous work of Abdus Salam, Sheldon Glashow, and Steven Weinberg in the 1960s predicted the existence of a “fundamental” particle called Higgs boson. A laboratory search for this particle required accelerators operating at the terra-energy range. Machines operating at this energy range have been in operation in some advanced countries since the 1980s. Recently two groups of scientists at CERN, Switzerland announced that they discovered the Higgs particle, which was not seen in any other laboratory in the world. As far as I know, this is the only case in the history of science where discovery in a single laboratory is taken as a confirmation of a prediction! It took about 40 years at a cost of about 10 billion dollars of tax payers’ money. The by-product of this search is a calamity called global warming! Why? Terra-energy is the energy range of the sun, and any machine operating in this energy range acts as a secondary energy source for our world. Thus, since the 1980s, these machines have served as secondary energy source for our world—not surprising global warming was not observed until about the end of the 1990s [1]. To stem global warming, the United Nations should decree that all such machines should be banned with immediate effect as they are not of any use to humanity under ordinary conditions

file.scirp.org...

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: jrod

That is simply not the case, you have presented zero evidence to back up your claim. Are you really trying to imply the rise of CO2 that we are observing all over the world is NOT the result of burning fossil fuels?

plantsneedco2.org...

Are you trying to imply radiative forcing is not real?

No, you are implying that math is not real!

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: MamaJ

So, it's really hot in Geneva because of the LHC?
I mean, if the LHC is warming the planet, shouldn't that be the case?

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   

So more gravity results in higher water levels?

That's the only correlation I see. Did you reverse gravity again, Phage?

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   

So more gravity results in higher water levels?
Yes.

Did you reverse gravity again, Phage?
Are you retracting your claim?

It is not enough to matter

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Are you retracting your claim?

No, I'm laughing too hard.

Increase gravity = decrease force, huh? So people should weigh more on the moon, since gravity is less, and weigh less on Jupiter, where gravity is higher.

Yeah... laughing.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   

I linked the paper and it does have his email address. If you really want to ask any questions, please direct them to the one who wrote the paper.

I presented in to this thread as it relates so not trying to convince you it's true just putting it out there because I have yet to hear anyone come to this conclusion.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Increase gravity = decrease force, huh?
No.
It means more force. More force means water is drawn more to areas with higher gravity.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Actually they are experiencing record temps..

The last such record of 38.9 degrees was achieved in 1921. The all-time Swiss heat record of 41.5 degrees was set on August 11, 2003 in Grono, canton Graubünden. However, it was recorded using an old measurement technique of weather huts, which generally recorded temperatures a few degrees higher than modern instruments. 2003 saw the last major heatwave to hit Switzerland, but meteorologist Felix Blumer of Swiss public television, SRF, says there aren’t many similarities between the weather events in that year and in 2015. “You can’t really compare them, because in 2003 we had high heat over many months with maximum temperatures reached in August and it was extremely dry,” he said. “This year it’s only been really hot for about a week and temperatures are set to cool down again soon.” A recent disaster risk analysis from the Federal Office for Civil Protection listed a heatwave as the third-largest risk facing the country, based on the likelihood of occurrence, number of people affected and economic costs. Climate researcher Sonia Seneviratne of the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology ETH Zurich told Swiss public television, SRF, that “at the end of this century, we expect to see a heatwave like 2003, with temperatures like we’re experiencing now, about every other summer.”
www.swissinfo.ch...
edit on 20-10-2016 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Lice000

A chart from a questionable source proves nothing.

CO2 lags temperature myth busted

edit on 20-10-2016 by jrod because: Autocorrect

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Phage, gravity pulls down....

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   

If our magnetic field is weakening and the particle accelerator uses" electromagnetic fields to propel charged particles to nearly light speed" what if some of that energy (unseen obviously) is transferred outside of the machine? Could that help aid in the weakening of our planets magnetic field?

Phage, I am only trying to learn so don't crucify me.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Phage, gravity pulls down....

No. Gravity "pulls" in every direction. Gravity is a vector quantity. Vectors are additive.

So, it is a coincidence that mean sea level is higher in regions of higher gravity?

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Gravity "pulls" in every direction.

And where is the bulk of the planet relative to the surface?

Hint: four letter word, starts with 'd', ends with 'n', has an 'o' and a 'w' in it...

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   

So, it is a coincidence that mean sea level is higher in regions of higher gravity?

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: MamaJ

I am only trying to learn so don't crucify me.

I'm not Phage, but I also won't crucify you.

Magnetism, like electricity, operates in a circuit. In the case of the earth's magnetic field, that circuit goes through the core, out the North pole, through the space around the planet, and back into the South pole. Unlike electricity, there is no such thing as magnetism without a magnetic circuit... electrons have an electric field, but no circuit, but every magnet has a circuit.

CERN uses very powerful magnetic fields contained inside very small circuits to maximize the effects. Those circuits are completely separated from the earth's magnetic field, so they do not interact.

TheRedneck

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join