It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Knowledge of good and evil, why does it matter?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 06:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Belcastro

Is Evil natural?

Perhaps for those more Service To Self S.T.S based.
But once evil encounters the darkness it projected, reflected back upon it (and sees what it's done) it appears those who projected evol change from that once perceived natural path...

How would we know what good things were if there was nothing evil to compare it to?

It would probably just be a scenario if things were all good that you and your kind advance within Existence due to not experiencing any negative hold backs...

Does the world need evil as a catalyst for human growth?

No, the inhabitants of worlds just need to recognize with their given sentience wrongs & rights. And carry themselves according.

If someone was good or evil what will it matter hundreds if not thousands if not millions of years from now?

If time is relative, that evol being or beings may be gambling with their Existence, in their ascending futures.
So one period in time they were the rulers and in another they are ruled...

if you believe in God, why does evil exist in the first place?

1 believes in the CREATOR OF ALL* THINGS. And this CREATOR made Creations of many kinds and of many energies-
(consider most inhabitants/objects in the Sol system came from ancient star activity) generating energy to make a Star the SUN and the planets and moons... that are native? And any inhabitants.
Now consider other ancient star or energy activities that went on elsewhere making different Creations from those generated processes.
And as different CREATOR Creations were are made, some interact with others who may be less mature or even less developed in Creation or may be developing still.

And those developing CREATOR CREATION ENERGY GROUPS C.C.E.G may worship or just even look up to those more developed CREATOR CREATION ENERGY GROUPS and see them as GODS or demon depending on how the Developed C.C.E.G interacted with the less developed C.C.E.G...

To 1 this is a source of the evol possibly perceived.
It's like advanced humans sharing a planet with less advanced humans, but taking advantage of those less advanced humans. Because they feel they can.

If you dont believe in God, does it matter how evil you are?

Again it's a gamble with YOUR Eternal existence...

Many discuss the simulation theory, but that theory fits perfectly with containing C.C.E.G that may need to mature before accessing higher existence levels.
Or for C.C.E. that may feel malevolence is the way, and some what quarantines those energies amongst other energies like them, in matrixes...
So is a gamble being as evol as you want as the evol will attract darkness eventually.

If theres no consequences for your actions besides earthly punishments does it matter how evil someone is towards another?

That is a subjective quick analysis of- for every action there IS a equal opposite reaction. A gamble?

I dont want to encourage anyone to go out and be evil, im just looking for an answer to tell myself that good and evil matter for whatever higher purpose.

What does your consciousness say?

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Belcastro

Good and evil are just definitions and theories like time.

what is good is what benefits you but also others and then they in return help to benefit you and themselves.
two minds are better then one, we are social creatures and desire communication with other people.

worldly punishments are all that distinguish's good from evil logically speaking... doing bad on another may reap a reward in the now but usually leads to something less pleasant in the future.

But of course I am not a strong believer in religion so I may be horribly wrong...not to say that I am in complete disbelief, but I cannot place my trust in a book or word of mouth.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 07:26 AM
link   

www.taoism.net...

I can also route You a book re: Your other thread about "enlightenment" The book is written by Steven Harrison "Doing Nothing/Coming to the end of the Spiritual Search".

Personal note: It'll take a bunch of 'time' off of Your search to get 'there' if'n You leave comparing "good/bad" to others. This usually happens right after You realize that You aren't 'going anywhere' because You're already there. Hence the adage "There isn't any 'good' or 'bad' there just 'is'. Leave the judging to the "other You". That 'Yes' Your body will 'die' but as Jesus The Chris† so eloquently pointed out "You are NOT Your body..."
If You cease trying to ascertain if something is "good/bad" You're left just gleaning the info; It also really cuts down on arguments with the 'Other You' but that is 'probably' due to more of the "Worship = War Ship phenomena"

Enjoy Your trip and stay hydrated...

Vaya Con Dias

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I believe the concept of good and evil originated from our youth.
When we are born we are innocent, but it's when our parents teaches us about this evil and good thing that we tend to believe and question such concept.

At that point we try to figure what is good and bad. Once we get to a point in life where we question this concept. We figure out that there is no good or evil but a balance of both.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   
i believe in moral authority coming from a creator.....

BUT

if i didnt believe in a creator at all i could still explain the existence of good and evil in the following manner

GOOD: is something that builds up the receiver....it gives something that is needed or appreciated....it ministers to life

EVIL: is that which tears down, destroys.....takes away....it doesnt minister to life

in any given situation one can easily answer the question if its good or bad by assessing what the thing ultimately does to or for the person. Some things have an immediate good or perceived good, but end up more bad than good and thus are actually bad/evil because the end result is undesirable.

some bad things or things that appear bad in the beginning end up paying off good dividends, a practical example is exercise.....you feel pain and soreness sometimes for days afterward but the end result is better health and fitness. Pain is normally thought of as a bad thing, and it is something we avoid at all costs unless we know there is a benefit to enduring the pain.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Because free will is the point for mortal beings. We must choose. I don't know if that is because free will is what keeps the proverbial machine running or because it's how The Creator keeps kicking the tires to make sure everything is in top shape but it is clearly integral.

edit on 19-10-2016 by redhorse because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Good and evil, or the constructs of such, are a required for Humanity to be able to empathize with one another.

The reality is that they are nothing more than Human constructs, shade of grey is probobly more on the mark. After all one Mans lie is another Mans truth, perspective being a cruel mistress.

Consequences for your actions besides earthly punishments? Well i ask you what benevolent God would punish your soul for all eternity after bestowing the notion of freewill yet also claiming omnipotence and predestination to be in his arsenal of ability's?

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: redhorse

I would say the notion of freewill is an illusion at best.

This short video touches on some rather interesting ideologies pertaining to freewill.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: tribal

Took the words right out of my mouth

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Evil is not... "evil", per se, it is the reversal of good. It is the 'what if' response that kills your gut instinct and destroys nations.

The good force is omnipresent. The creation of Time was an experiment to create locality for this otherwise omnipresent force. Resistance to the dynamic projective pulling force had to be introduced The experiment pitted a reversed illusionary image of the life force against itself. Antigravity, the normal state, vs Gravity, the bound state.

It worked as long as proper focal proximity was maintained. However. Once division of this omnipresent field began, the subdividends could not distinguish the Source signal from it mirrored, opposite feedback signal. "you will not die"

The tree was a filter/converter between the 2 realms. Wormhole, black hole, whatever they decide to call it this go around. It was not an access point that maintained our proximity to the Source. We are now merged with the conjugate mirror. We reside in the Bizzaro root realm of the garden we were sucked out of.

The results have been that of fish swimming in the dirt, and moles telling them they originated in that torturous density as fertilizer for their own root system.

Fast is the normal state. Dynamic.

Everything you know as a human is a subtraction from the dynamic omnipotent S(-) field, or a direct mental adversary of it.

My training is classical uncultured shamanism, so I will be written off this site as a hoaxer for not using properly keyworded mumbo jumbo from printed works and cable programs. Yet if youll bare with me, I find it a bit of a trouble to put into words the history of creation :

The mirror pole (N+) was once phased up with its dynamic input. It kept switching polarity. So the galactic function was re-arranged, placing the defected creation tool out of harms way. Hand ball becomes ping pong.

The experiment continued, and failed. The N(+) pole's dynamic function was ceased, and THIS MOMENT is sold as the beginning. And the static function of the N(+) pole sold as 'peace'. It is not. It is a hiccup in a chain of events lasting thousands and thousands of years.

All literature referencing the spiritual progression of humanity fails to note the back peddling required to get back on track before progress can be made. You cant male a jump from the outer courtyard of hell without acknowledging where you came from and why. Those memories outside the box, belonging to ancestors less worried with capital gains and twitter than any peer purporting to share his ripened fruits.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join