It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Wanna bet Trump loses Texas? Place your bets here on State by State win/lose come Nov 8th.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: FuggleHop
a reply to: AnkhMorpork

Yeah! He'll certainly lose Texas. Even Texans are becoming educated.

They're (Texas) still at 11% undecided, even now (although pre-debate) this late in the game, with Trump only up by 3 points. That's not a good sign for Trump given the trend for undecided voters many of whom were awaiting the final debate to make their choice.

edit on 21-10-2016 by AnkhMorpork because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I will put 20 on Trump! It's on the bag

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 12:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: onthedownlow
I will put 20 on Trump! It's in the bag

The odds would appear to be in your favor and TEXAS? surely Texas can't turn BLUE?!

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Real Clear politics just made Texas a toss up!!

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: WilburnRoach

Real Clear politics just made Texas a toss up!!

Even a toss up for Texas is something.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I just have a hard time understanding why anyone would vote for a lying serial sex abuser for POTUS, particularly people who hold to conservative family values.

What, does Trump just get a pass? Do they think he's telling the truth that these are all lies as part of some conspiracy to bring him down?

I don't get why the numbers are even close - what kind of people are the American people or half of them anyway..?

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: WilburnRoach

It's a toss up with about 10% undecided...

So if they find voting for Trump to be.. unpalatable, then Texas turns blue, it's as simple as that.

If would make for a good bet with a bookie because of the prevailing view that Texas is red and will always go red.

The makeup of Texas is very suburban and educated with lots of minority voters.

I think it's a no-brainer that Texas will be blue on November 8th.

The Clinton campaign and the SuperPACs (while Citizens United is still the law) ought to advertise heavily in Texas, imho.

Clinton should campaign there, and the surrogates sent there to also campaign. Texas is totally in play.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Some rep voters in the cities need to flip. You can bet the rural counties will go Trump.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 12:11 AM
link   
If Texas goes blue, I'll bet that there's a very good likelihood that Georgia will also go blue for many of the same reasons.

I think a big part of the problem for Trump is that he's made it very clear that you must believe him that he's been set up and framed regarding the sex abuse allegations, to support him and vote for him, but is that believable?

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Yes, Trump is way up among non college educated rural voters.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Most of rural Texas now votes rep, period.

Rep voters in the cities need to switch for Clinton to win.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Link about the previous elections distributions.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 12:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnkhMorpork
a reply to: Annee

I just have a hard time understanding why anyone would vote for a lying serial sex abuser for POTUS, particularly people who hold to conservative family values.

What, does Trump just get a pass? Do they think he's telling the truth that these are all lies as part of some conspiracy to bring him down?

I don't get why the numbers are even close - what kind of people are the American people or half of them anyway..?

I can not comprehend why anyone would vote for Trump.

Hillary's been battered down in Swift Boat style for many years. It's hard to know what's real and what isn't. But, IMO most of it is Right Wing hype.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 12:50 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

I don't think all the urbanites in Texas are Rep. That's a stereotype to consider it to be that red.

Bear in mind that they have Trump up by 2 points, but with 10% undecided, this late in the game. That's what tipped me off that Trump will lose Texas, because the reluctant, undecided voters are going to swing it.

If I'm right, then Georgia will also go blue, due to changing demographics and how bad of a candidate Trump is in light of the fact that he's a serial sex abuser/harasser of women, and a bit of a know nothing buffoon.

If I were advising the Clinton campaign, right now I'd be hitting up all the big donors via the SuperPAC's (while Citizens United is still the law of the land), and coming up with two major ads, one wholly positive and the other totally negative, variations of which could be run in these purple-ish states, and yes, to flip their vote in an effort to win a mandate and break up the gridlock of a Republican controlled Congress.

When they get to the voting booth, a very very large percentage of voters, if they have a reason to pause before voting along party lines, are independants and undecided. They can do anything in the secrecy of the voting booth, and if the American people wanted to, and polls show that they do, they could flip the House blue.

To accomplish that however, from what I'd read, Clinton will need to win by at least 10 percentage points nationally, so it's within range as a possibility.

So if the Clinton campaign were to raise a fresh 100 million and do a National ad buy, to hit Trump with a powerful left right, positive/negative knockout punch, then it might be possible to, with the help of BIG donors, flip the House and win a hat trick.

The rationale for this is simple - to enact the plan with a mandate while repudiating Donald Trump and everything that he's about which people find to be distasteful.

Just ask the American people for a mandate and to break up the gridlock of Washington. Vote Dem up and down the ticket in other words, and vote blue everywhere to change the whole landscape and mix things up

Polls have shown that greater than 50% of the populace desires a Democrat-controlled House (and Senate), I think it's around 53-55%.

After 8 years, people have seen nothing but obstructionism (some of which was Obama's fault mind you), and they want something historic, which WAS what Trump had going for him, until his campaign kept taking a dive because of his own doing (not listening), and now it's too late, so the OTHER option is to just FLIP the vote the other way.

Instead of throwing everything up in the air with Trump (throwing it all in the can is more like it) - I could see them voting Dem up and down the ticket.

They KEY is to simply ask people to do this, with good reason.

Clinton therefore should be talking up her willingness to be held accountable for the results that she's promising to deliver in terms of her platform, much of which was hashed out with Bernie Sanders.

If it's a good plan and series of plans, then why not just ignore the partisan politics and ask Republicans from the top down and the bottom up to vote for Clinton, and while they're at it, why not clear the way to get a whole lot of things done that desperately need to get done, including the retooling of civilization for a sustainable future as but one prime example.

I believe in the American people and in their inherent genius.

If Trump's base on non college educated white, and Clinton's the educated suburbanites and minorities, then when we're talking about collective intelligence and a certain instinctual genius (which I believe they possess on the whole, the American voter), consider how the scale tips in favor of a Clinton victory of close to 400 electoral votes, and the very real possibility of what's called a "wave" that sweeps the nation like a tsunami.

If I were a big donor Liberal leaning Democratic supporter, I'd totally want in on that action, not as a power grab, but an opportunity to participate in generating the best possible future for the sake of and for the love of, the Country as a Nation.

The end game in all this would be the dawning of a new day and the possibility of an American renaissance with Hillary Clinton serving not only as the first woman President of the United States, but very possibly the greatest President in our lifetime and in modern history. It's possible, as a possible outcome, whereby she'll be ready to hit the ground running from day one, not as a Jr.-Int. President, like Obama, but as a Sr. President who'll be capable of bridging the divide (if the Republicans retain the House, which is likely) and actually getting things done that the American people are in dire need of, including a type of ladder into the middle class - to grow the economy from the middle out and from the bottom up, as Clinton describes, instead of trickle down economics on steroids.

I trust the American people if they are given to clearly understand the nature of the option that's available to them, no matter how they've always voted in past elections - for THIS one.

So if the FLIP takes place in a wave - then the House will turn blue as well, as will Georgia. The commentator in the News clip someone posted above pointed out that the polls in Georgia close at 7:00 and so if it turns blue, then it's all over and we've got a wave capable of flipping the House as well as giving Clinton something close to 400 and a clear mandate to govern based on executing on the Democratic Platform as outlined.

I think most everyone has to a degree lost their minds but are now coming back to their senses and many will truly want what is best for the country, based in reason instead of hyperbole.

The American people are NOT stupid - that's the thing this assessment is counting on.

edit on 25-10-2016 by AnkhMorpork because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 12:50 AM
link   

That loser's going to lose a lot more than Texas.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: WilburnRoach

Oh wow, now we know they're lying.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 01:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: FuggleHop

That loser's going to lose a lot more than Texas.

The two Canadian "Trump" towers who Trump lent his name and branding to, want OUT! that much I do know.

So yeah, he loses his brand on the International stage - and that's a severe blow particularly for a guy like him.

Oh how the mighty have fallen.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Was that comedy?

American renaissance under hillary? If by renaissance you mean more war for profit, a more divided nation, more corruption and the loss of idiosyncrasy and culture so as to favor a globalist wet dream then I guess so.

Greatest president ever? Because she has a vagina?

Like Obama was because he is half black?

What a crock. We need real leaders not token talking heads. The struggle is getting to a point of justified open rebellion, the outcome be damned.

I need a break. I puked in my mind as I read that just imagining you typing that nonsense.

edit on 10 25 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 01:05 AM
link   

with the leaks coming daily and people in the clinton campaign resigning daily I think there is no way to predict how these states will go. There's still quite a few days before election day so I say speculation has no value in this election. People are starting to pay attention to these leaks and videos and with more certainly to come I think this may get turned upside down! but then again that too is speculation.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 01:16 AM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

I'm just asking you to consider it as a mere possibility before opting for blood in the streets.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join