It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wreck of submarine 'attacked by Loch Ness monster' found

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 12:51 AM
link   
"The discovery of a World War I German submarine off the Scottish coast has thrown light on one of the greatest mysteries of the conflict: Did the Loch Ness monster attack a U-boat?"

This isnt the first story I have heard of U Boats and sea monsters recorded by German Officers

mysteriousuniverse.org... UB-85

It wasn’t until the Germans were brought aboard and the U-boat captain, a Captain Gunther Krech, was questioned that the reason became both clearer and more bizarre. Krech allegedly reported that the submarine had surfaced during the night for the purpose of recharging its batteries, during which there had been a violent surge of frothing water off the starboard bow. When Kech and some crew members had gone to investigate, a creature the captain described as a “strange beast” had suddenly erupted forth from the cold, dark water and begun clambering up the side of the ship, which had caused the whole submarine to start listing to the side. The beast was described as being enormous, with a small head with large eyes deeply set in a horned skull and a large mouth with sharp teeth that glinted in the moonlight. This strange monster was then claimed to have reached the forward mount gun and to have begun ferociously attacking it, chomping down on the weapon with its formidable jaws and thrashing back and forth.

uboat.net...,70190,70190 U-28

"At that moment I had with me in the conning tower six of my officers of the watch, including the chief engineer, the navigator, and the helmsman. Simultaneously we all drew one another's attention to this wonder of the seas, which was writhing and struggling among the debris. We were unable to identify the creature, but all of us agreed that it resembled an aquatic crocodile, which was about 60-feet long, with four limbs resembling large webbed feet, a long, pointed tail and a head which also tapered to a point. Unfortunately we were not able to take a photograph, for the animal sank out of sight after ten or fifteen seconds."

Read more at www.9news.com.au...

I always find these things interesting.
If I was a U Boat commander and was captured, a story about a sea monster would not be something I would say to excuse myself, unless...

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 01:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Mosasaur,I thought Nessie was an Elasmosarus.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 01:36 AM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Absolutely. Without a doubt this is why that u-boat sank.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 01:47 AM
link   
The locals got'em good with that one.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 03:08 AM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Yes not the physical description I would have expected either. Teeth? Horns?

Isn't Nessy supposed to be shy?

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 03:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
Unfortunately we were not able to take a photograph, for the animal sank out of sight after ten or fifteen seconds."

Happens to the best of us.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Position of wreck is 54°47'00.0"N 5°23'00.0"W

If this was indeed "Nessie" she / he was a long way from home. Perhaps it should be re-named the "Irish Sea" monster, probably why it hasn't been sighted in Loch Ness for quite a while i suppose, sense of direction being not very good and no sat nav available

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Nessie was debunked years ago. Surgeons photograph was faked, giant sturgeons and giant catfish have been recorded, and the unique geological and atmospheric conditions could make a tree branch look like it's swimming against the current.

Not to mention the Plesiosaurus hypothesis; how did a large salt water prehistoric predator survive in a loch that was forged by fresh water glaciers? The Loch Ness monster was a Loch Ness fish and it's case closed IMO.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

Nessie was debunked years ago. Surgeons photograph was faked, giant sturgeons and giant catfish have been recorded, and the unique geological and atmospheric conditions could make a tree branch look like it's swimming against the current.

Not to mention the Plesiosaurus hypothesis; how did a large salt water prehistoric predator survive in a loch that was forged by fresh water glaciers? The Loch Ness monster was a Loch Ness fish and it's case closed IMO.

You know I saw a very interesting story on a local newsfeed
I thought some might not see it, so I thought I might share it as well as another story I found interesting
If you don't believe then that's absolutely fine by me

Still find it amazing a captain of a German uboat would make up such a silly story, believe it or not
It is what it is

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   
There are definitely unknown animals in our oceans,lot more likely than bigfoot.Whether there is anything like the creature in the story is debatable.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Interesting, I hope they find evidence for the attack.

Here more info on the case and others as well.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

I haven't HEARD of recent losses...I thought the Conger eel was it.

top topics

join