It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Lights over Charlotte NC 15 October 2016

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   
That is the exact effect I have witnessed here in Denton Tx. In April 2013, my son, my adult nephew and myself all clearly saw it/them. I say it/them because at first it looked like a bunch of random flashes in one area of the sky. Then they began to line up a bit, and my son said it was one BIG thing ànd the lights were on the outside edge. I'm not sure if it was the angle he was looking from or what. If it was a single craft it was Miles across.

I saw this in a Secure Team video last night, which is an ATS no no so I decided to see if it showed up from another source and here it is from Springer himself! I am excited to see it again (the effect not the video) this proves what we saw was real!

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Glitch in our "sky" programming?

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Well, the lights seems to be partly obscured by the low cloud cover at one point, so it should be possible to find from meterological data how low those clouds were at the time. I guess one could then arrive at a minimal height of the lights, and perhaps come to some conclusion to a minimum size and extrapolate what it might plausibly be - or at least exclude some things that seems unlikely.

Seems there are really two possibilities: Either there are multiple light sources or some thing or things are somhow reflecting light from somewhere, either artificial light (from the city perhaps) or natural light (e.g from the moon or starlight).

For some reason it reminded me eerily of how light reflects off water.

Of course, these are the "mundane" explanations. It could also be something we would not be able to identify, as suggested by the title of the thread.

Maybe some clever optical stealth system malfunctioning ;-)

Worth some investigation.

BT
edit on 18-10-2016 by beetee because: Typos, the scourge of coherent reasoning...

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: wastedown

I saw this in a Secure Team video last night

If you look in the comments section of this guys Youtube channel, there is this Secureteam account popping in and asking for permission (and gaining permission) to post the video in the secureteam channel. So this seems above average legitimate for a "UFO video" on Youtube.

But I very much sympathize with your reluctance to post anything from that source, which in the past have posted some pretty outrageous things - often without much critical forethought.

BT
edit on 18-10-2016 by beetee because: Typo

edit on 18-10-2016 by beetee because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I've seen this before in the daylight/dusk time frame and it was a military dirigible, experimental I believe. Haven't seen it in several years, but that's what it looked like. Why it has those lights blinking all over it, I haven't a clue. May be a psy-ops maneuver or training and it could be just to see who calls in about it and whom they call just to see how much interest they generate. Sometimes the military will do that if they are interested in putting a base in the area for something unusual.

It could explain what I saw in the mountains when I was traveling weekly from Columbia to Chicago for about 6 months...

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: beetee

I see it as the "don't throw out the dishes with the dishwater" conundrum. Often people never associated with UFO or a hoax either one, will video something unusual then have no idea where to share it. They like anyone dona search on YouTube and baam ThirdPhaseofMoon, or SecureTeam are first on the list, so that is where they share it.

Straight to the ATS hoax bin, with no real discussion. Sure we can still post in hoax threads, but we all know what happens to any topic listed as hoax bin material here. Thankfully in this instance it made it through Norry to Springer doing the end around on SecureTeam. Thus a real discussion on the material can occur.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   
There is no indication of any kind of linking structure between the lights.

And any three lights are going to magically form a triangle!

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Springer

To me it looks like there are two crafts since the pairs of 4 lights move symmetrically. The quality of the video is #e so I could be wrong.

Triangular pyramid like crafts?

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   

What I find interesting is, at the beginning, on the far left there seems to be several light that appear and disappear. Either something is turning or the clouds are able to cover the light. One seems to brighten and another can be seen behind or beside it. Maybe even three.

Hard to tell without knowing how the cloud cover was acting.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Good point but there were several lights (more than 5) that created what appears to be a triangle. That's odd.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Interesting though I tend to lean towards Phage's explanation. That coupled with the guy saying they started out lower, closer the top of the hotel, makes me think it was LED balloons and likely released from the top of the hotel.

Anyone know what hotel that was and we could possibly see if there was a rooftop party or wedding or something of the sort going on there?

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Even though the wind was light, 4 - 5 mph, I would think balloons would have drifted away sooner.

edit:

Possible they are direct down wind so the drift is less apparent. No idea of the direction of the filming.
edit on 10/18/2016 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Found it...it is the Le Meridien Hotel and it does have a rooftop bar called City Lights Rooftop. My guess is the balloons Phage mentioned released from a party at that bar.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   

The small multi-strobes in random flashing sequence are very similar to a triangle that I and about 20 others witnessed in June of 1998 as it passed low, slow and silently over Laramie. We had just concluded a UFO conference that was well advertised.

Was it ETs or our flyboys having a bit of fun with us UFO nuts? I choose the Air Force, the secret Air Force. I have seen data supporting that determination from other sightings such as a red outlined escape hatch in the nose section ect. We've had this technology operational since at least the mid 1980s and yet we throw billions of dollars at half-hearted façade aircraft when these wondrous craft are not aircraft at all. Please check out my thread The Worst Kept Secret."

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   
It always perplexes me when a "light show" as profound as this occurs over a MAJOR metro area, but there's only one video. What time of night was this UFO filmed?

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   

What if these lights were tethered to a line that is unseen and are being manipulated through a series of movements, I mean if I strung up some balloons with LED lights and was able to program a sequence where they blink randomly and then I had one sequence where I could make them appear to become a triangle is that possible?

If they are tethered then the wind factor wouldn't matter would it? What is interesting is that the clouds do not appear to be moving at a wind speed of any kind. They seem to be stationary and the lights just stay right there and then just disappear?

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I will go with tethered balloons with white led's that have individual random flashing patterns, actually brightening/waning and on/off flashing. You can get cheap circuits to provide that kind of twinkle effect. The pattern stretches out and comes together, but no light separates far from the pattern. The group gets tighter as they increase altitude. Interesting, but think Phage nailed it's basic characteristic. Probably $100 or so in parts to put this together, as a baseline.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Looking at maps, I think the view is to the south, give or take a bit. That would be down wind.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: searcherfortruth

Excellent point. That would be a serious tether but it's certainly possible and if someone (or a group) were motivated enough it wouldn't be that hard to pull off.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 08:59 PM
link   
0:06

"I ainever seen anything like that."

You mean bats...

...eating bugs?

Okay.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join