It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Lights over Charlotte NC 15 October 2016

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: AnkhMorpork

I'm with you...

So, Cauliflower how was it "obviously" made?

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Maybe if we could take a much closer look we would not have to guess what those are which is the basic re-occurring problem with ufos.It's like trying to tell a real human from a mannequin at a distance. Anyways lovely find.
edit on 22-10-2016 by TheKestrel04 because: correction

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 04:18 AM
link   
a reply to: beetee

pretty sure phage nailed this one, as usual.

I don't think this video deserves much merit tbh.

I understand the site owner saw it and was amazed, but thankfully here we have people that will debunk the owner.

It really seems explainable when you look at comparable videos.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 04:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

According to the youtube comments section the chap who filmed it has promised to upload the raw footage. I am sure some enterprising fellow will enhance and stabilize it. Then maybe we can get somewhere.

BT

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Unfortunately it will be for naught, this sighting is most likely explained.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 04:48 AM
link   

You realise, of course, that "will be" and "most likely" sit rather precariously together in a sentence :-)

And no matter what the outcome, getting an answer is not "for naught" in my view.

BT

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Touche'

I don't think this is a worthy event though. I want to see aliens or UFO's, but I just don't see it here.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   

I never used word "amazed", nor was I "amazed" by this. I was intrigued by it because it's the first video I've seen in years that I couldn't determine what, exactly, I was looking at in the first 30 minutes of laying my eyes on it.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Springer

Your right good sir, sorry for putting words in your mouth.

It is an interesting video, and a refreshing break from the normal political banter the board temporarily has become, I just don't see anything here. Watched it several times, and it looks like it's under the cloud cover due to the fact that in several portions of the video you can see the lights "through" the clouds.

The led balloon thing looks the most plausible explanation. Visually, it's identical.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   

I commented that he had promised to upload raw footage and that more than enough time has passed. I even offered to give him a place to upload it. My comment was deleted. To me that reeks of someone who is being dishonest. I have a feeling he noticed something in the raw footage that maybe gives away what it is.

A user also made a great comment: If the lights are above the clouds surely hundreds f people would have seen these as they are very obvious. Why aren't there more reports? This lends to the line of thought that these are actually far below the clouds and it is only an optical illusion that makes them appear above the clouds OR the clouds we are seeing, as stated previously, are actually industrial steam or fog and nowhere near the elevation we think they are.
edit on 23-10-2016 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 11:58 PM
link   

I came across this just now and thought I would share, I am not smart enough to analyze the video in question, but is it possible someone with experience could manufacture a video using this technology?

Welcome to the Free Online-Image-Editor.

Help Create Animated Twinkle Stars

The free online image editor has another unique feature, nowhere found on the internet! Now it is possible to create your own animated gif with twinkling stars. You decide where you put the stars and when they should blink. Click on the "Add Stars" button in the toolbar to open the toolbox:

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   
This ufo video has just appeared on another ufo reporting website called unknown country and its getting some interesting comments. I watched the full video. It can't be flares. Too stationary. One of the commenters on unknowncountry, said he thought he saw an "eye" appear within the video at about the 4.13 mark. I did not. It looks like a christmas tree with twinkling lights just sitting there hovering. Interesting.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I had some people ask me why I think the objects are moving right to left, i.e. south. Here is why. When the camera is zoomed in at 0:10-0:20 you can ABSOLUTELY, UNEQUIVOCALLY see that several of the lights move from the right to the left, while some of the lights at the leading (southern) edge remain stationary. One of the lights (middle, 3rd one down) even appears to "wobble" as if on a string and being more affected by the wind than other objects it appears to be tethered too.

People think they appear farther away from the hotel at the end of the film, but what you are actually seeing is the change of perspective. The cameraman is moving. He appears to adjust his angle of view by several degrees or more. The tree that moves past the camera at 1:25 is an indicator of this happening. This was the same optical illusion that threw so many people off with the "airport balloon" thread some time ago. After all was said and done it turned out to be a very slow moving balloon which was following the wind.

On top of that, at 2:30ish and 4:30ish you can clearly see that there is absolutely fog / steam overhead when he pans the camera down to ground level.

I am convinced these objects are LED balloons at a significantly lower altitude than many people here are assuming.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: data5091

That would be the site owned by Whitley Streiber, you can count on many comments that will see many things in the video.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Yes, indeed it is. Meanwhile Peter Davenport of National UFO Reporting Center not far from me had some interesting comments about this sighting.

You can see his comments within this.

We are intrigued by them because we cannot explain them,” said Peter Davenport, director of the National UFO Reporting Center. He says he’s been tracking UFOs for more than 22 years, but he says within the last 53 months sightings in the Carolina skies, especially in South Carolina have been growing. “In that amount of time I think we probably received 30- to 40,000 reports of sightings similar to what you saw over your city there,” said Davenport.

and he adds further :

So what were they? Davenport says even he can’t say, but he knows what they weren’t. “They’re not crash dummies, they’re not swamp gas, they’re not weather balloons-- as near as I can tell so there’s something unusual,” said Davenport. Something else they weren’t? Drones.

edit on 25pm31pm5091 by data5091 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 10:27 PM
link   
We saw same kind of lights over North Myrtle Beach, even shined a bright light straight at us, my sister-in-law, my husband and me.....I will try to post my video off my phone....Yes, it was very strange and zipped back and forth and then gone....a reply to: goou111

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 10:28 PM
link   
We saw same kind of lights over North Myrtle Beach, even shined a bright light straight at us, my sister-in-law, my husband and me.....I will try to post my video off my phone....Yes, it was very strange and zipped back and forth and then gone....a reply to: goou111

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Local media is reporting on it finally. They say it was candles/luminaries from a wedding. Which isn't completely implausible as there's a few popular wedding venues in that area.

The guy was on a morning radio show today saying no, not candles, definitely aliens.

Just an update.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Would be nice to get the details on the wedding, if we could pinpoint the launch location and timing it might solve this one. Or, it might not...

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

The guy blocked me on YouTube for asking for the raw video a few times...I have written him off as a hoaxer now who is loving his recent attention. He's fully on board the alien train.
edit on 26-10-2016 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join