It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Lights over Charlotte NC 15 October 2016

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: GreenPeter93
Please don't post it in a new thread. It's CGI, and not very good CGI at that.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   
It's absolutely nothing! Just like everything else!

link   

link   

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Jake27

It's possible...

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Well... At least there's something not election related on the home page. Yeesh.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Springer

Could it be military? Something to disrupt satellite communications I wonder?

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Standard balloon with helium can go 3-5 miles up...

Are you suggesting the same balloon with barely any weight can't make it a few thousand feet?
edit on 21-10-2016 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

I am saying they don't have a lot of lift. A lights and a long string would limit that lift.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Why would a long string be involved except to connect the balloons, which adds to the lift?

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   

I agree that a standard size helium balloon does not have much lift....it does well to pick up a drinking straw with a short piece of string on it...I remember from my childhood.

But balloons come in every imaginable size and there are some balloons that are not overly large 2-3x "normal " that would be able to easily pick up the type of light that I have mentioned. And I think that there are probably some very lightweight strings that would be of sufficient strength to hold the balloons and allow the balloon to be able to go up perhaps several hundred feet.

But let me reiterate that even though I am saying that this can be done I am not necessarily convinced that that is what we are looking at. We can only make rational guesses about the phenomenon that is on the video

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko

Why would a long string be involved except to connect the balloons, which adds to the lift?

In was in response to it being said they might be on strings held or anchored to the ground. Some think they are drifting away in the wind, some don't.

I'm just adding some thoughts.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Another point, if the balloons are large then the lights might have moved away more quickly. Could be just the right size, by luck or design, to do what is seen. We are all just speculating.
edit on 10/21/2016 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   
What is wroung with ATS ?
this post has Nothing to do with the Election!

not even a UFO over Trump!
)

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Ahh, I understand. Honestly being on a long string could be the deal. That would explain why in the beginning of the video it appears to be moving with the wind, but then stays stationary. Possibly it reached the end of the string.

I still think it's below the cloud. As thickest parts of the cloud move past, none of the lights appear to be blocked when the camera is zoomed in. Only when the camera is zoomed out does it appear the clouds move in front of the objects.
edit on 21-10-2016 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Has anyone been able to discount that it's a hoax created by a bunch of balloons with a lighting sequence?

You'd think if that were the case that they might try to make it a little more UFOey to really psych people out. What's the point.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: AnkhMorpork

Well its obvious how it was made, but we are only learning now what it represents.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   
This thread is a specimen.

It truly is; since when can ATS not even manage to get their debunking right?

Personally? I think that it's the overall lack of regular contribution to the Forum from Mister Mask. But I'm being selfish.

Anyway: Birds and Bats. Chasing food. And I only rearranged the order of the two to satisfy Lord Whorfin.

Have a nice weekend.

edit on 21-10-2016 by Dan00 because:

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 12:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cauliflower
a reply to: AnkhMorpork

Well its obvious how it was made, but we are only learning now what it represents.

And...?

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join