It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Could we be in for a shock come November 8th?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

originally posted by: Greggers
I think the surprise will be Utah and maybe another state falling to a third party candidate.

That, plus Trump losing in traditional Republican strongholds.

What won't be a surprise is the near-immediate launch of Trump TV.

Interesting. I know McMullen is polling ahead there. They are conservatives and I don't think Hillary is depending on Utah . She was ahead there and that surprised me.

True conservatives really should consider voting for McMullen. He's not my cup of tea, but he at least appears to be a decent human being. In interviews, he comes across as intelligent and informed.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   

I think the surprise will be Utah and maybe another state falling to a third party candidate.

Interesting. I know McMullen is polling ahead there. They are conservatives and I don't think Hillary is depending on Utah . She was ahead there and that surprised me.

True conservatives really should consider voting for McMullen. He's not my cup of tea, but he at least appears to be a decent human being. In interviews, he comes across as intelligent and informed.

The guy is an idiot.

My wife just flew back from San Fran sunday and she doesn't like Trump, but her cousin who lives there, said she and her family, friends are voting Trump.

Btw, they are chinese.

So it very well might be a shocking turnout for Trump since the dems seem to think they have the asian minority vote locked up.

Take it as you will.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

The guy is an idiot.

My wife just flew back from San Fran sunday and she doesn't like Trump, but her cousin who lives there, said she and her family, friends are voting Trump.

Btw, they are chinese.

So it very well might be a shocking turnout for Trump since the dems seem to think they have the asian minority vote locked up.

Take it as you will.

Why do you say he's an idiot?

I've only heard two interviews with him, but it's very clear he knows a lot more about economic policy and foreign affairs than Trump ever will.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Bloodydagger

No I haven't heard that at all...actually, Trump supporters seem to be the most vocal about their support in my experience...and I live in a very blue state.

But what excuse would these people have for being "silent" in polls?

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

Very fun

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 11:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: Nyiah

Question , When Will Gary Johnson and Jill Stein Admit Defeat and Bow Out of the Race , Before or After the Election ? Another Question , Will it even Matter ?

Forgive the inevitable tangent.

Stupidity is party loyalty, no matter what the circumstances. It doesn't do anything other than bring that ol' status quo back around again. And again, and again. You want different s# to go on politically, start by cutting the umbilical cord and vote differently in the first place.

This does not mean just switch parties indefinitely, it means think before you vote. You don't have to vote back in the same local, state or presidential dick you're already unhappy with, it doesn't mean vote for the other guy just because they're the other guy. It means vote like you have half a damn brain and it gets use once in a while. That's ultimately what Stein and Johnson signify -- giving blind party loyalty the big, fat finger.
Over a couple of years per election cycle, this can get through enough heads to change the voter percentage enough to scare the s# out of the Rs & Ds. The slow meandering to other parties could speed up and render them obsolete at any point with enough people shifting their affiliations from lock, stock & barrel to being based on the sitch & candidates alone.

I vote for who I vote for not because of their party. I vote for who can do the job best out of all people considered. That is the entire point of casting your vote, not to just vote via loyalties.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: Nyiah

Question , When Will Gary Johnson and Jill Stein Admit Defeat and Bow Out of the Race , Before or After the Election ? Another Question , Will it even Matter ?

Forgive the inevitable tangent.

Stupidity is party loyalty, no matter what the circumstances. It doesn't do anything other than bring that ol' status quo back around again. And again, and again. You want different s# to go on politically, start by cutting the umbilical cord and vote differently in the first place.

This does not mean just switch parties indefinitely, it means think before you vote. You don't have to vote back in the same local, state or presidential dick you're already unhappy with, it doesn't mean vote for the other guy just because they're the other guy. It means vote like you have half a damn brain and it gets use once in a while. That's ultimately what Stein and Johnson signify -- giving blind party loyalty the big, fat finger.
Over a couple of years per election cycle, this can get through enough heads to change the voter percentage enough to scare the s# out of the Rs & Ds. The slow meandering to other parties could speed up and render them obsolete at any point with enough people shifting their affiliations from lock, stock & barrel to being based on the sitch & candidates alone.

I vote for who I vote for not because of their party. I vote for who can do the job best out of all people considered. That is the entire point of casting your vote, not to just vote via loyalties.

That is All Well and Good , but I have been an Independent Voter for over 30 Years now . In that Time I have Never considered a 3rd Party Candidate Worthy of my Vote , Sorry .

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 01:35 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

The polls were 50/50 on brexit.
It had to go one way or the other.
I wouldn't put any faith in this election being pulled out of its tailspin.
Trump is not winning. The polls are accurate and Hillary is #44.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 01:40 AM
link   

You betcha! We can all hope that Clinton will win, but it's always possible that the Trumpeteer morons will swarm the booths in greater numbers and cause an upset. A few weeks ago, I would've put my money on Ginger Hitler, but now (fortunately) it appears as though the Trump Morons are the minority.

Go, Team Clinton!

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Since when does a sitting president get challenged by their own party? The only dem in 2020 is Hillary again if she decides to seek a second term . If she decides not to then she would support any dems who sought the presidency. She won't have to win a primary again ever.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 01:47 AM
link   
a reply to: -mytym-

No candidate ever won with just their base.
Ever.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 01:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: ColeYounger

It's being said that there are up to 10 million 'closet' Trump voters. We'll find out soon.

I am still in the closet as a Trump supporter, except around ATS.

In my little town of 40,000.

I haven't seen a single Clinton yard sign.

I have only seen two myself one for each and Hampton Roads is home to half a million people .
Signs? I don't think they are "A" sign lol.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 02:12 AM
link   

One might logically question why? Why the shame in supporting your candidate openly.
Why Trump supporters are sometimes painted as negative.
The getting fired part I don't get. Freedom of the vote is a constitutionally granted right.
Why worry about about that?

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 02:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
You just might be in for a November surprise.

Every week this month, Donald Trump has shattered his previous records for generating Facebook conversation, and last week users generated more than 307 million likes, comments, shares and posts about him

www.usatoday.com...

Thats more people than voted in the last election.

And more than the combined viewers of CNN,NBC,MSNBC,CBS,ABC put together.

Social media people.

The new frontier, and shows just how outdated main stream news has gotten.

Too bad he needs votes not likes

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 02:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

We had a lot of lines redrawn too. Split African American communities in half.
Gerrymandering.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 02:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
Don't forget about the Democrats silent majority. They are out there, in every town, lurking. You never hear from them, but come election day, they will rise from their graves and vote Democrat.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 03:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

The guy is an idiot.

Btw, they are chinese.

Take it as you will.

Why do you say he's an idiot?

I've only heard two interviews with him, but it's very clear he knows a lot more about economic policy and foreign affairs than Trump ever will.

The first interview I saw, he was introduced and immediately went into a tirade about Trump.

Not about himself until he was finished.

CIA, Goldman Sachs?

You don't see any problems with that?

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 03:46 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Unfortunately most psyops don't

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Actually the final polls prior to the 2012 election showed a Romney victory, albeit a narrow one. Gallup, Rasmusen, even WaPo had Romney tagged as the predicted winner the weekend before the election.

Nope. That's wrong. WaPo still had Obama as a winner and JUST those two polls had Romney ahead. Every other poll was for Obama so the polling average gave it to Obama. Try again.
www.realclearpolitics.com...

Final Results: Obama +3.9

Dewey defeated Truman... at least until the actual votes were cast and counted.

My point wasn't that polls are always accurate. My point was that polls are accurate more often than not.
edit on 19-10-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Clinton will get challenged by her own party, hide and watch. Shes a one termer.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join