It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could we be in for a shock come November 8th?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: ColeYounger

It's being said that there are up to 10 million 'closet' Trump voters. We'll find out soon.

I am still in the closet as a Trump supporter, except around ATS.

Yep, same. If I supported Trump publicly, I could lose my job and all I do is wait tables. Not to mention, I'd open myself up to people wanting to hurt me.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

It's being said that there are up to 10 million 'closet' Trump voters. We'll find out soon.

That's not very many. The US population is 312 million. 10 million sounds big but is less than 3% of the population. And you have to wonder if they'll actually vote.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   
There could be one surprise. If the electoral college goes against the popular vote this time I think people would be incredibly upset. It doesn't matter which side they do it to, people would be angry.

If Trump wins the popular vote and the electoral college gives the presidency to Clinton anyway then expect insanity. I believe this is what will happen and that repercussions for tampering with the electoral college in any way should be as severe as possible under current U.S. law.

However, if Clinton wins the popular vote and the electoral college gives the presidency to Trump then it's time to watch him like a hawk and expect a drastic change in personality, policy stances and, well, everything about him.

I do not support any current candidate nor party politics. The electoral college is not bound by any law to uphold the popular vote and have blatantly disregarded it several times in the past. You don't vote for a president, you vote for an electoral college member to hopefully vote the same way you did.

This election is a failure. No matter who wins it looks like the majority will loose.

Gowdy for president - 2020.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: kruphix

I guess you haven't heard people say they are afraid to openly support Trump out of fear of violence against them and ridicule etc, or worse, fear of being fired from their job. Trump supporters aren't painted with a negative broad brush for nothing. There are plenty of people who silently support Trump - Just because you don't see them post on this website or see them in real time, doesn't mean they aren't there. In fact, someone might say they support Hillary because that is a politically correct answer to some now (sadly) when in reality, they are really voting for Trump when the time comes.

edit on 18-10-2016 by Bloodydagger because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Jlombodr

When Hillary wins even 4 years later Dems will still be poor and gay. This won't surprise me.

Why would they be gay?

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   
And lets face it, its taboo to say you openly support Trump now.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

IDK why, but I snorted water out of my nose laughing at your reply LOL

edit on 18-10-2016 by Bloodydagger because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

Exactly. "I'm with her" just helps me pick up women.

I'll probably get drunk on November 8th and award that megalomaniac with some fresh nuke codes.

Not really. But millions will.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: RedDragon

Yep, same. If I supported Trump publicly, I could lose my job and all I do is wait tables. Not to mention, I'd open myself up to people wanting to hurt me.

And that's why we have a secret ballot. Co-workers cannot see what goes on in the voters booth.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix

ould we be in for a shock come November 8th?

Some of you are going to be in shock.

Most of us will not.

What's this big shock you keep referring to? Clinton Losing?
no doubt in my mind.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: Bloodydagger

Absolutely there could be something to it. Trump supporters are marginalized as stupid, racist, xenophobic, homophobic and Islamophobic, which could cause people to lie at the polls so as not to appear as one of those.

... and some people (including Hillary Clinton) have said that many Trump supporters are hard-working Americans looking for a change that deserve empathy and understanding.

Truth.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   
You just might be in for a November surprise.

Every week this month, Donald Trump has shattered his previous records for generating Facebook conversation, and last week users generated more than 307 million likes, comments, shares and posts about him

www.usatoday.com...

Thats more people than voted in the last election.

And more than the combined viewers of CNN,NBC,MSNBC,CBS,ABC put together.

Social media people.

The new frontier, and shows just how outdated main stream news has gotten.

(post by Jlombodr removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   
The reason for "success" in recent State and Congressional elections for Republicans can be found here:

REDMAP

As the 2010 Census approached, the RSLC began planning for the subsequent election cycle, formulating a strategy to keep or win Republican control of state legislatures with the largest impact on congressional redistricting as a result of reapportionment. That effort, the REDistricting MAjority Project (REDMAP), focused critical resources on legislative chambers in states projected to gain or lose congressional seats in 2011 based on Census data.

The rationale was straightforward: Controlling the redistricting process in these states would have the greatest impact on determining how both state legislative and congressional district boundaries would be drawn. Drawing new district lines in states with the most redistricting activity presented the opportunity to solidify conservative policymaking at the state level and maintain a Republican stronghold in the U.S. House of Representatives for the next decade.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

I'm not sure if there is a 10 million hidden voter pool, but if there is it would have a much bigger impact than what you state. While the population may be the number you quoted, the number of registered voters is only half of that. Therefore, 10 million would be about 7.5%...enough to change the results of the last 7 presidential elections.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
The reason for "success" in recent State and Congressional elections for Republicans can be found here:

REDMAP

As the 2010 Census approached, the RSLC began planning for the subsequent election cycle, formulating a strategy to keep or win Republican control of state legislatures with the largest impact on congressional redistricting as a result of reapportionment. That effort, the REDistricting MAjority Project (REDMAP), focused critical resources on legislative chambers in states projected to gain or lose congressional seats in 2011 based on Census data.

The rationale was straightforward: Controlling the redistricting process in these states would have the greatest impact on determining how both state legislative and congressional district boundaries would be drawn. Drawing new district lines in states with the most redistricting activity presented the opportunity to solidify conservative policymaking at the state level and maintain a Republican stronghold in the U.S. House of Representatives for the next decade.

And democratic "success" is parading around town begging for $15 an hour. Good job.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Bloodydagger

Keep in mind, that isn't the first place I have seen this narrative. I've seen it here on these forums too and elsewhere.

Of course it's not the first time this narrative has floated around. The idea that there will be some surprise upset from the loser in the polls is literally spun every 4 years, yet it never happens. Even Ronald Reagan's resurgence toward the end of his election was reflected in the polls.

And yet, the polls were wrong about Brexit. The polls and media were VERY wrong about Trump through the primaries.

The brexit polls were indeterminate. Cameron saw a trend of increasing remain support which overtook leave through 2015. However in 2016 (after he called the referendum) the polls swung about with the smoothed averages narrowing.

As far as Trump is concerned, since you have two candidates neither of whom attract much enthusiastic support except amongst the hardcore vote, then any polling will have a huge error margin.

I think Trump is an idiot and Clinton is untrustworthy. However the US needs Trump to win to act as a wake up call about voting in a dangerously useless president. I don't like the Tories but OMG even the numpties can run rings round the average US politician. Money runs US politics and it has severely corrupted their untenable two party system.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

We would like to openly support him, but we're afraid of damage to our house or even violence against us. How screwed up is that?

Sad state of affairs in this country. We actually have a Trump bumper sticker on one of our cars and the vandalism factor is always a concern. Thankfully the sticker is on a rusty 2002 Hyundai. It does make you wonder about the possibility of this happening even if it is a hoax:

edit on 18-10-2016 by Nucleardoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   
The only thing that would shock me is if Stein and Johnson both win electoral votes, keeping both Trump and Clinton from 270, and throwing the decision to the House.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Media is not a viable source

edit on 18-10-2016 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join