It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Could we be in for a shock come November 8th?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Encryptor
a reply to: Bloodydagger

You may not be Voting but keep in mind, this could be the last Election where you have a candidate who has power equivalent to the assholes who've run half the planet into hell.

I Vote Trump, and i never Vote.
Trump isn't an outsider. He's part of the power structure.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: TheBulk

Keep in mind, that isn't the first place I have seen this narrative. I've seen it here on these forums too and elsewhere.

Of course it's not the first time this narrative has floated around. The idea that there will be some surprise upset from the loser in the polls is literally spun every 4 years, yet it never happens. Even Ronald Reagan's resurgence toward the end of his election was reflected in the polls.

And yet, the polls were wrong about Brexit. The polls and media were VERY wrong about Trump through the primaries.

How many times are the polls wrong versus correct? You guys like touting Brexit like its the end all be all that disproves ALL polling forever. Yet polls are largely good predictors of the outcome of an election. All the failings of Brexit polling shows is that we need to analyze what went wrong with the Brexit polls. It doesn't allow you to look questionably at all future polling though (especially since the polls done for Brexit and the polls done for this election didn't all come from the same polling companies).

HOWEVER, if you can actually locate some problems with the science of statistics then maybe you'd have an argument about polling being flawed.

People Lie All the Time . That is All you need to know when it comes to Offered Political Opinions .

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Republicans have been in power from state to feds and the supreme court. Makes me wonder why Trumps supporters attack democrats so much. Oh, yeah, the presidency, they didn't have complete power. Now I get it.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Ya the shock of how Hillary won despite everything she had come out against her.

But don't worry the ground work has been set and it just be claims of rigged this and voter fraud that as the reason he lost and not because of how he acts and what he says.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

I see you didn't answer my question that I posed at the beginning of the post. Gotta ignore the facts that make your narrative silly don't you? Here I'll repeat the question so you can't pretend like you didn't see it:

How many times are the polls wrong versus correct?

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

originally posted by: TheBulk

Keep in mind, that isn't the first place I have seen this narrative. I've seen it here on these forums too and elsewhere.

Of course it's not the first time this narrative has floated around. The idea that there will be some surprise upset from the loser in the polls is literally spun every 4 years, yet it never happens. Even Ronald Reagan's resurgence toward the end of his election was reflected in the polls.

And yet, the polls were wrong about Brexit. The polls and media were VERY wrong about Trump through the primaries.

How many times are the polls wrong versus correct? You guys like touting Brexit like its the end all be all that disproves ALL polling forever. Yet polls are largely good predictors of the outcome of an election. All the failings of Brexit polling shows is that we need to analyze what went wrong with the Brexit polls. It doesn't allow you to look questionably at all future polling though (especially since the polls done for Brexit and the polls done for this election didn't all come from the same polling companies).

HOWEVER, if you can actually locate some problems with the science of statistics then maybe you'd have an argument about polling being flawed.

People Lie All the Time . That is All you need to know when it comes to Offered Political Opinions .

And that doesn't count the fact of the shady backroom dealings and under the table money exchanging hands in politics. Especially during election season. I wouldn't put it past a campaign to pay off MSM stations and websites to publish a narrative of some type to hamstring their opposition (even when it comes to early polling pre election)

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Anyone in favor of dismantling the current two party system and creating a different form of government? Seems like no one is a fan of either side and the back and forth rhetoric leads me to believe they are all guilty of what the other side says.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Its funny, Trump said Romney choked against Obama. If we believe what we see in the news right now and the polls, its looking like those roles are reversed a bit here.

Either way, both of these candidates are one termers. We'll see a new President in 2020.

What is even more funny, is if Elizabeth Warren runs against Hillary in 2020. We are going to see A TON of hypocrisy coming from the Dems side in 2020 from the people protecting Hillary right now when they bring all of this dirt up on her again from this election cycle.
edit on 18-10-2016 by Bloodydagger because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   
The polls are always missing a key piece of information. They can predict who the public supports reasonably well, but they are awful at predicting how many of those will actually vote. In years when the candidates are not so polarizing, the voter turnout may not be such a decisive factor, but I think we can all agree that this isn't one of those years.

I've heard commentary suggesting that Trump is wasting his time by appealing to his base and not trying to win over non-Trump supporters, but if he can motivate more of his base to vote on the day, surely that's a winning strategy?

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   

" Ya the shock of how Hillary won despite everything she had come out against her. "

Tell that to Bernie Sanders Supporters , I Bet they were Shocked too .

link   
Elections 2020

Jabba The Hut VS Big Bird (insiders joke)

Now, In other News......

link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

And you would know this exactly, how?

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   

As in Hilary is choking or Donald? If it is Donald then the roles wouldn't be reversed. I don't belive hillary is by any means and she is more just coasting.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   

We were.

Even more shocked that Donald was got the nod which will get Hillary in.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Encryptor
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

And you would know this exactly, how?
It's painfully obvious for anyone that understands big business and politics. His father and mentor were deeply involved in the corrupt political machine. Then, after, so was Trump as he came of age in NYC. Your messiah is going to disappoint.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   

If Donald loses, its his fault. If he had stayed on message this entire time, I don't think the current polling would even be close. You actually see some Democratic talking heads say that like Van Jones. Its why you see a lot of people say that if the Right had a traditional candidate, that this thing would have been over during the summer months.
edit on 18-10-2016 by Bloodydagger because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Thank goodness for the silent majority.

I've even noticed in my own life, it's the people who have the least amount to bring to the table who are the loudest.
The smarter people stay more subdued, and prevail while the others jump up and down and insist on absurdities and dogs that won't hunt.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   

I see you didn't answer my question that I posed at the beginning of the post. Gotta ignore the facts that make your narrative silly don't you? Here I'll repeat the question so you can't pretend like you didn't see it:

How many times are the polls wrong versus correct?

In this Particular Presidential Election comprised of one " Career Politician " , and one " Party Line Outsider " , no Poll can be Accurate enough with Any Degree of Certainty to gauge Voter Trends . Previous Polls were somewhat Accurate I Admit , but they had the Luxury of knowing pretty much how a Republican or Democratic Candidate stood on Issues in regard to Party Lines . In Mr. Trump , the Unknown Factor prevents a more Definitive Assessment of Voter Trends considering How he Effects them Personally .
edit on 18-10-2016 by Zanti Misfit because: spelling

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: ColeYounger

It's being said that there are up to 10 million 'closet' Trump voters. We'll find out soon.

I am still in the closet as a Trump supporter, except around ATS.

Same here. I was at the docs office and the nurses were asking who I was voting for. I told them its classified lol....

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: spirit_horse

Same here. I was at the docs office and the nurses were asking who I was voting for. I told them its classified lol....

Good call. Might end up with a very painful physical.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join