It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Wikileaks Released First Insurance File?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker
It is the excuse given, certainly not the motive behind it. I'm leaning toward a provocation in order to measure not only the reaction of wikileaks but also the general public. It also makes the US look reasonable and patient with all the Russian sponsored provocateurs who want to sway our elections.
Watch the spin on all the news networks.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Poking around at random like I usually do, I found the following of interest. It's from the psych eval of Assange:

There were and are enormous pressures being exerted upon the Embassy, the physical infrastructure of
the premises (which are a conversion of a central London flat), and the staff.

All the interviewees alluded to a shift which has taken place over time. Initially, the view was that Mr Assange needed the protection which the Embassy could provide; this appeared to alter - to the Embassy needing protection from the situation surrounding him. Individuals who showed him compassion were affected. They were afraid of coming and going from the Embassy and being approached by the UK security services.

Mr Assange’s presence in the early stages brought with it the threat of invasion of the Embassy. The word “invasion” was used by many of the interviewees. Respondents described the peak threat occurring in mid-August 2012.7 Mr. Assange and respondents report that at one point, 150 police surrounded the Embassy and “were descending on ropes” onto the roof adjacent to the posterior end of the Embassy. Combined with the extensive daily surveillance, this has had a major bearing on life within the Embassy for Mr Assange. Recently the fear of “invasion” has returned for the Embassy staff8.

/cms/Psychosocial Medical Report December 2015.pdf

So even people just coming by to express well wishes to Assange were subject to being harassed. And then the police performed a...training exercise?
edit on 18-10-2016 by jadedANDcynical because: file path

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

I have an enormous amount of respect for Julian. Imagine the stress that he lives under. The numerous threats against him and his family, not seeing his family, not feeling the sun on your skin for four years, the inhumane treatment list goes on and on. Knowing that even if he were to be allowed to leave the embassy he may still have to sacrifice his life for what he has given the world.

There are a couple of historical figures that I could compare him to.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Witness2008

Well said!

What most people fail to realize is that Julian is a 'martyr'. He has been living in a desolate hell for years, but still won't cave. IMO, he represents the integrity of what our country was founded on; non-negotiable principles.

Anytime he wants, he can call off future leaks and have a good payday. But, he won't - and whether you love or hate him, you have to give due respext.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Witness2008
a reply to: ghostrager

Well said gentleman, to both of you.

Buck

edit on 18-10-2016 by flatbush71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   
RT is reporting that Ecuador cut off his internet because Clinton Leaks "breached impartiality".
Why should they care?
www.rt.com...

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   

why not? these files are harmless from what I can see, nothing in them except names/job titles/phone numbers/facebook/linkedin of DHS/FBI agents, pretty much nothing really.

Aren't these from that hack a few years ago?.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Vamana

These are from March 2016 and if they contain current information on FBI agents, it's probably not a good idea to go poking at it.
edit on 18-10-2016 by jadedANDcynical because: Typos, hate this tiny keyboard. Swipe to type

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: EchoesInTime

Little known fact - The President of Ecuador did endorse Hillary at the end of September.

Guess we should be looking for any policy positions that Hillary takes that benefits Ecuador or its president.....

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   
How'd I miss this earlier?

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

There's a lot going on right now. Information overload. Relax, you've done a great job with that consolidating you've been doing!

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Just looking at some of those folder names heads are gonna roll.

This might have been a move to force them to hook Assange's interwebs back up?

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Well I did poke around and that's pretty much all there is, no way to know if it is up to date info though, or if its even legit, I guess someone crazy enough could call the phone numbers to see

I'm not in the US so I'm not really worried about it.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I hear those files were released in 2010.

No news about the subject in WIkiLeaks twitter feed.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   

From the digging I've been doing I don't think this was so much a new release as much as a revamp to their repository. While they may have added some, from my reading many are not accessible yet. I may be wrong though.

But, stay vigilent, from the tone of the current atmosphere I think we should see some fresh leaks soon. I know that's a common statement but I have been speculating until the Internet got severed.

It looks that the administration is feeling out their response to pressure.

As jadedandcynical said earlier though Assange isn't in the best of shape, and I'm concerned about his poker playing abilities right now.

Either way, I hope the wikileaks team is helping balance out his emotion.

As I said earlier keep an eye out before the next (last) debate (tomorrow) as I feel this is the reason for accelerating pressure on him. Also possible Internet outages even here in the states in the next day as there was a questionable piece on that for mass outages during the stream of wikileaks anniversary press conference

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Might just be where they put their 'files'.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Steve Jobs had AIDS as per wikileaks

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheFlyOnTheWall
Steve Jobs had AIDS as per wikileaks

Who cares. We're looking for corruption and I've seen Jobs come up like the grocery store checkout line. Bring that $hit to reddit if you want to talk about it.
edit on 18-10-2016 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   

I agree completely they are obviously setting up for something as they released an encrypted 500gb insurance file and the climate is hot.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: EchoesInTime
RT is reporting that Ecuador cut off his internet because Clinton Leaks "breached impartiality".
Why should they care?
www.rt.com...

All governments LIE. In the USA, we continue to elect LIARS. Not sure how the election process works in Ecuador, but the end product is still a boatload professional deceivers and liars.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join