It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mobilise against Iran: Israel

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 08:46 AM
link   

i think the REAL danger to our world is represented by two countires, yes you guessed right:
-israel
-USA

Hmmmm, it would be hard to totally disagree with you I'm afraid. It seems to me that the US is Israels lacky. I don't understand it, but as I've said many times before, I think that there are an awful lot of things that need to be fixed here within the US borders. IMHO these things should be fixed before we continue to WASTE hundreds of billions of dollars on a cause that no one really understands.
I salute the brave men and women who are doing their duty overseas, and I thank them whole heartedly, however I think our fighting wars for the causes of others (who usually spit on us after we've done our part) is ludicrous. Again IMHO, after Israel was caught spying on the US, AGAIN, they should be left to defend themselves.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
No, ask yourself this:
Who has them yet isn't USING them?

You see, that's the issue. It's one thing for a nation to HAVE nuclear weapons, but quite another when a nation who's said officially they'd like to see you dead and has a history of warring with neighbors then gets nukes! It's the fact that they'd USE them that is the problem here.

Which First World Military Power has launched several military campaigns against Third World Nations over the last 25 years?

The perception of an itchy trigger finger nonsense really has to be taken out of our discussions here; the US has been the only big kid smacking around the toddlers on a consistent basis. THe US has rattled the sabre consistently & has acted upon that consistently.
We gave up the right to be owners of the level headed, violence as a last resort participant in World affairs a long time ago......stop acting like the world has to perceive us as reasonable.
In a modern information era, with modern demographics having a 3 to 1 birth rate favoring their Arab counterparts in all countries they seek to partner with, Israel can not afford a Manifest Destiny initiative that is not acutely stage managed. The perception Israel has to offer is that of a righteous defensive posture. The fact that we , the US , are doing Isreal's bidding, is not lost on most of the World.....the trick for the puppet is to hide the strings.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Pyros, first off i would like to say that i know the Iran is a persian country as my girl friend is originaly from Iran, and she is persian from Aryan decent (she is light skinned). So mate you do not need to inform me of this, i said they were a arab country because thats what most americans believe. This can be shown as some americans dont even know the diffeence between austria and australia.
Yes iran is not s strategic target for israel, but israel have not shown much love for iran as they are the biggest power in the region that can compete with israel. This is why they feel threantend by iran.
Secondly, if you know your history you know why israel is surronded by arab countries. Its like getting a african society and giving them a area to live in the middle of china. There are going to be cultural clashes.
Yes i wouldnt trust religious politicians of any sort with nuclear weapons.
So are you saying israel hasnt got religious zionist politicians? I wouldnt trust zionists as much as i wouldnt trust shiites with nukes.
Yes iran see's israel as a threat to them, as israel has shown throw their dealing with palestine that they are not sympathetic to their neighbours, and no iran and israel are not next to each other, but israel from what i know of their nukes have the capabiltiy of reaching iran, and this is what the israel nuclear program was to achieve.
And no iran doesnt feel threatend by Pakistan or India as these two are to busy dealing with each other. Russia also has its hands full trying to keep up with america, and dealing with their terroists at the moment, they woulnt bother iran.
So israel is the closest most dangerous threat to them, this is why they fear them, also becuase they know that america would back israel up over any other middle eastern, asian minor country.

I am not saying that iran should have nukes, what i am saying is that if they want to have them to protect themselves, then i do not think you can justify invading the country because of it.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 09:19 AM
link   
The USA should attack Iran with Red Mercury weapons before Israel uses its own nuclear items.The Red Mercury weapons will remove Iran from the scene without the fallout that would follow with heavy throw weight nukes!Kent Mc.csm

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I am logging of now until tomorrow.Could someone give me some feedback on my opinion of the Red Mercury Option to be used against Iran.Thanks.Kent Mc.csm

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Israel will not attack Iran. They have not an effective capability to fight against such a nation. They, what you call "God's chosen people", will try to use our media to drive this nation to war. Iran having nukes is not our problem. Israel just needs to sit down and stop trying to keep conflicts going to avoid giving concessions. What about our pronlem with South America shipping drugs here. Jews are gods problem and we have real problems facing our nation.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 09:32 AM
link   

They, what you call "God's chosen people", will try to use our media to drive this nation to war. Iran having nukes is not our problem. Israel just needs to sit down and stop trying to keep conflicts going to avoid giving concessions.

It might not be totally PC, but I do agree with you.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Just to provide a little perspective on my point about the Iranian leadership being unstable and religiously driven, here are some quotes from their current leaders. bear in mind, that these men LEAD their country without opposition, and have the same international standing as any other leader of a recognized sovereign state. Read their words carefully and listen:

Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, the Supreme Ruler of Iran:

"The countdown for the Zionist regime has begun."

"The foundation of the Islamic regime is opposition to Israel and the perpetual subject of Iran is the elimination of Israel from the region. Palestine is Islamic land that was conquered by an anti-Islamic enemy, and according to Islam, one must oppose the Zionist regime. The support for the Palestinians is a religious decree."

"One must not think that the elimination and destruction of the Zionist regime , despite the powers' support and their advanced arms, is an impossibility."

and from President Mohammed Khatemi:

"In the Koran God commanded to kill the wicked and those who do not see the rights of the oppressed and murder them, and today we must all hear the sound of the cries of our oppressed brethren in Palestine and mobilize to protect them… refraining from making an effort to save the Palestinian people will be a mark on the foreheads of those who not only did not make an effort, but even helped and help the enemies of Islam. If we abide by real legal laws, we should mobilize the whole Islamic World for a sharp confrontation with the Zionist regime… if we abide by the Koran, all of us should mobilize to kill."

Now, why should anybody be worried????

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah

Originally posted by mwm1331
Why is it only Isreal and the US have the abillity to see the danger a nuclear Iran represents? While Europe is trying to buy Iran off with "peaceful" nuclear technology we are gathering our forces and preparing to stop the unthinkable.

i think the REAL danger to our world is represented by two countires, yes you guessed right:
-israel
-USA
both armed to the teeth, both nuclear capable, both in war with the muslim world. now that is a real threat to global security. not iran. not iraq. isreal with their "agressive" foreign policy towards their neighborhooding countries, and USA for supporting them in that!

but ask yourself this:
who has the most nuclear weapons in their arsenal?

who has the most nuclear weapons? Russia, that's who.

the two most threatening countries in the world are not Isreal and the US. there are no 2 countries, there are a lot more and the US and Isreal fall very low on that list, but yes, we're still on it. the most threatening thing isn't even a country, but an idea. that idea is that, somehow, western civilization is evil, has destroyed the rest of the world and wants to keep destroying it.

so that's why the US spend billions per year on foreign aid to just about EVERY third world country, it's because we are trying to destroy that country. sarcasm off.

look, some people need to do some soul searching and look at the facts. the US wants the world to succeed to a point where they are able to buy goods we sell so our economy can continue to grow. if the world is poor, they won't buy or can't buy from the US. if they can't buy from the US, but the US buys from them, the dollar dies, eventually. the US doesn't want that, so why would it destroy it's customers?

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I can't see into the future so I don't know if an attack on Iran would be the right thing to do at this point in time but these are some of my concerns regarding any future attack. First and foremost it needs to be known exactly what their weapons capabilities are right now when it comes to WMD. Unlike Iraq they haven't had huge international pressure to get rid of chemical and bio weapons so it's very possible they have a lot of these. Also given their long and reasonably good relations with both Russia and China it's possible that their nuke program is further ahead than we think... even without help it could be. After the intelligence failure of Iraq I'm not sure i trust any projections on what their WMD capabilites are. You don't want to back a rat into a corner if he can give you a nasty bite. That said it may be preferable to force their hand now rather than keep playing this dangerous game and force it when the stakes are higher.

If at all possible i think it would be best not to force their hand at all considering it's likely they may have chem and bio weapons (possibly nukes) as well as missiles that can reach both Israel and Europe. The other thing I'm worried about is the media creating fear and trying to drum up support for the war for their own reasons. I'm fairly sure Iran's oil industry is currently state owned and I'm sure there is more than one corporation that wants it privatized so they can buy into a piece of the action. Don't get me wrong i would prefer to see Iran a democracy and no longer a threat to anyone, I'm just not sure how or if this can be achieved. Whatever way you play it I think it will be a gamble and perhaps the only people that can stop a lot of death and violence is the Iranian people themselves rising up and getting rid of their government. Wishful thinking no doubt but that IMO would be the best thing that could happen in any of the senarios i have thought of.

[edit on 26-1-2005 by Trent]

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Iran won't dismantle nuclear program

IRAN has vowed it will never dismantle its uranium enrichment program, a day after a confidential European Union document showed France, Britain and Germany had told Tehran they would not settle for anything less.
Iran has temporarily frozen its enrichment program, a process of purifying uranium for use as fuel in nuclear power plants or weapons, but insists atomic fuel production is a sovereign right it will never abandon.

Asked whether Iran would dismantle the program, Iranian Deputy Foreign Minister Gholamali Khoshroo, who is visiting Malaysia for a meeting of the 57-nation Organisation of the Islamic Conference, replied: "Never".

Link

Judging by this rhetoric, Israel and the U.S. are either going to have to accept this or 'deal with it'.

Sanc'.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join