It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After a firebombing, mob beatings and assassination attempt on Trump, NBC calls the GOP violent.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

That's not what people are doing. If it were, then it wouldn't be so one sided.

Here's my issue. Everything is being done by media, etc, to diminish the actions of one side, while blowing the other side out of proportion.

Things have gone far past the point where "understanding" is an acceptable push. There's so much understanding being pushed for one side, while any attempt at understanding at the other side is... it's way beyond unbalanced to the point where it's no longer promoting understanding of said actions but has moved into actively protecting and making allowances for and in many cases promoting said actions by demonstrating a lack of real admonishment of it.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

How can that be. He could of tried to commit suicide in public or shoot someone else. Trying to get a firearm and failing doesn't show anything about what would have happened concerning Trump..

Did you even read the story? Did you even read what I quoted for you? He admitted he was there to kill Trump! FFS!

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk
It's amazing that after all the violence we've seen from the left this election, the media sees the GOP as the violent ones. I'm pretty sure all the Hillary supporters out there don't worry about getting beat up or having their property defaced because of their support for Hillary. However, Trump supporters can't say the same. I'm baffled by this alternate reality created by the media and that people actually believe it.

CNN did the same a few days ago, blaming the firebombing on "Trump's rhetoric", or people who draw Mohammad for the violence perpetrated by Muslims. The same goes for left wing mobs who were beating up Trump supporters in San Jose. The San Jose Mayor blamed Trump for coming to their city.

It's just more proof of the corruption and collusion between the press and the Democrat party.

Deflection is the name of the Game for these Elite Runners.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
a reply to: TheBulk

I have believed this for a long time...that the far left mindset is a kind of mental illness. It is borderline mass psychosis on a level that is incomprehensible.

We now know that people were paid by Hillary Clinton's people to create violence at Trump rallies. It is on video! Yet, somehow the violence is Trump's fault. Mental illness, I tell 'ya!

You might have believed it, but you'd be wrong anyway.

A neuroscientist explains what may be wrong with Trump supporters’ brains

Now. I (unlike you) do have an advanced degree in social welfare -- social work, and social structure.
My specialty (emphasis) is Children & Families. Group systems is a giant part of that field.

That said, the above linked article is the other side of the same coin that you are fondling.

The fact: Conservatives' and Liberals' brains are different. Hard-wired differently.

Unconscious Reactions Separate Liberals and ConservativesThis is from Scientific American, a serious peer-reviewed journal (as opposed, for example, to People, or The National Enquirer, or Breitbart.....

Psychological insights might tone down the bitter feuding between Democrats and Republicans

You ready?

According to the experts who study political leanings, liberals and conservatives do not just see things differently.

They are different—in their personalities and even their unconscious reactions to the world around them.

For example, in a study published in January, a team led by psychologist Michael Dodd and political scientist John Hibbing of the University of Nebraska–Lincoln found that when viewing a collage of photographs, conservatives' eyes unconsciously lingered 15 percent longer on repellent images, such as car wrecks and excrement—suggesting that conservatives are more attuned than liberals to assessing potential threats.

Conversely, liberals are more likely to welcome change and innovation.

Meanwhile examining the contents of 76 college students' bedrooms, as one group did in a 2008 study, revealed that conservatives possessed more cleaning and organizational items, such as ironing boards and calendars, confirmation that they are orderly and self-disciplined.

Liberals owned more books and travel-related memorabilia, which conforms with previous research suggesting that they are open and novelty-seeking.

“These are not superficial differences. They are psychologically deep,” says psychologist John Jost of New York University, a co-author of the bedroom study. “My hunch is that the capacity to organize the political world into left or right may be a part of human nature.”

boom.

So - we just need to find a way to get along. Tone things down. Remember that the original idea was to drain the swamp even though now we are all up to our ears in alligators.

Our Republic works when we are willing to compromise. The Congress for Obama's entire term has been unwilling to do that. What will happen next year? Will they learn to talk across the table? Or will they just continue with the flat-out puerile refusal and opposition?

Because, you see, the Green Eggs and Ham brigade is the group you are thinking of that are mentally off. Actually.

edit on 10/18/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Let's be real about the "assassination attempt" at least ...

A British citizen, attending a Trump rally, tried to pull a LEOs side arm from his holster and was stopped.

That is not anything approaching an "assassination attempt"...

Trump hasn't even tweeted about it; that's how much of a non-story it is.

1. His stated reason for pulling the gun was to kill Trump
2. It was a failed assassination attempt.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: spirit_horse

Fine. You can call it an attempt. There was never, at any time, the wherewithal on the part of the perpetrator to perform the act of assassination

www.theguardian.com...

British man pleads guilty to plan to shoot Trump at Las Vegas rally
Michael Steven Sandford could face two years in prison after an incident in which he grabbed a police officer’s gun in an attempt to shoot Trump in June

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   

After a firebombing, mob beatings and assassination attempt on Trump, NBC calls the GOP violent.

Where is it written that you can't be both a victim of violence and also violent?

You have 2 groups living up to the old saying of "live by the sword die by the sword" why are you trying to make it seem like only one is violent?

edit on 18-10-2016 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

You're kidding right?
Their messiah said it himself..
"I could go and kill someone in front of everyone and they will still vote for me"...
He knows exactly who his BASE is.
The wall is going to be yuuuuge!!

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

Where is it written that you can't be both a victim of violence and also violent?

You have 2 groups living up to the old saying of "live by the sword die by the sword" why are you trying to make it seem like only one is violent?

The vast majority of violence we've seen has been from Democrats, so why isn't the story about them? Can you point me to a single story from the MSM about violent Democrats?

originally posted by: MagicCow
a reply to: daskakik

You're kidding right?
Their messiah said it himself..
"I could go and kill someone in front of everyone and they will still vote for me"...
He kns exactly who his BASE is.

That was a joke, but it turns out this is actually true of Hillary supporters!
edit on 18-10-2016 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Yes, a presidential candidate that likes to joke
about murder or imply that those 2nd amendment
boys might need to handle her.
Bet you loved it when he said GRAB HER BY HER...admitting to sexual assault
You were like "This is finally a president I can relate with."

but I'm just joking.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: MagicCow

Actions speak louder than words. Is why the media's attempts are starting to fail. Words only go so far.

Both sides have violent members, but one is ignored and diminished as much as possible while the other is pushed to the forefront. This is despite one side committing more acts than the other.

Sure it matters what people like Trump say.

But it matters far more what actually people do.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

The problem in that is that people are feeling fearful.
They are fearful of what Trump plans on taking action on.
The aforementioned points I lined to you.
Yes people are going to feel violent about such a prospect.
Is it acceptable? NEVER but it is happening.
Not so long ago didn't we have a mayor say that his son would
have to die in a civil war if Trump lost?
There are people talking about BLOODY revolutions of Clinton wins.
I would imagine talk and rhetoric like that may cause some people
to react - whether it be right or wrong a response is being elicited.
Trump has said many things that raise those tensions.
They're purposely divisive and meant to trigger opposition.
When you tell someone that when you get into office you're
going to deport them and their families..When you tell them you're
going to kill their families and when you tell them they are not welcomed here..
You're right people are going to fight.
Why is it different? This is not about race but if they were white
they would be called "Patriots" would they not?
Isn't that what those armed men with sniper rifles pointed at federal agents
during the Bundy incident were called?

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk
The vast majority of violence we've seen has been from Democrats, so why isn't the story about them? Can you point me to a single story from the MSM about violent Democrats?

I guess you missed my point.

We know why the story isn't about them. The fallacy is that no matter how violent the Dems might be, it doesn't change how violent the GOP is. Your title implies different and that just isn't true.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   
we have to start actively listening to each other.
everybody thinks they are right....the truth and best practice lies in between.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Both sides have these kinds of fears. One however is acting on it far more violently than the other and is being protected from ridicule and derision, while the other is being derided and attacked for far less.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove

That's not what people are doing. If it were, then it wouldn't be so one sided.

Here's my issue. Everything is being done by media, etc, to diminish the actions of one side, while blowing the other side out of proportion.

Things have gone far past the point where "understanding" is an acceptable push. There's so much understanding being pushed for one side, while any attempt at understanding at the other side is... it's way beyond unbalanced to the point where it's no longer promoting understanding of said actions but has moved into actively protecting and making allowances for and in many cases promoting said actions by demonstrating a lack of real admonishment of it.

Whether people choose to want to understand one another is up to them entirely. No one else can make that decision. Not the media, not anyone. I may be at a fault because I get most of my news from ATS lately but the threads about left wing violence far outnumber the ones about right wing violence. Media outlets will give time to any story that means ratings to them.

Maybe I'm not seeing it. As someone who grew up criminalized just for living where I did I understand the frustration and anger and the feeling of having no recourse for the government taking advantage of you at every turn.That doesn't mean I condone political violence. I think everyone that sorts themselves and others according to a side needs to have a little empathy for everyone. No one is trying to burn America to the ground, the next 4 years will go on like the last 30 no matter what head is placed on the body. It's not the people of the country that's the problem.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

Oh - really both sides?
When has Hillary claimed she will kill families linked by suspicion to terrorist groups?
When did she say she was building a wall? or deporting millions and their families?

What fears are you speaking of for the other side?

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove
Both sides have these kinds of fears. One however is acting on it far more violently than the other and is being protected from ridicule and derision, while the other is being derided and attacked for far less.

They do and it just dawned on me why I distrust the right more than the left. Those on the right go on and on about small government but in this situation they are waiting for government to carry out the fight for them.

Like MagicCow said, the dems are "fearful of what Trump plans on taking action on" and they need to fight that fight now before the situation is one where the force of the state is used against them.

edit on 18-10-2016 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Been covered many times. She's the poster child for the PTB, she is their personal political mercenary. Anything they stand for she does too. I don't care what she says. She's two faced. Her public and private persona are separate and proven so. Nothing she tells us is the truth. Her actions have spoken for her time and again, with many proofs including her atrocious time as secretary of state. But there's so much I can't possibly list it all and it's basically ignored anyway because the MSM is bought and paid for and our three letter agencies and... bah... To fully go into it would require a novel. To understand Hillary requires understanding those wielding her puppet strings because she has not a single thought or opinion of her own.

I'm tired of watching the United States downward spiral, as well as refuse to support the PTB that work so tirelessly against us all to further support and entrench them and their power base while turning us against each other. The PTB are pulling out all the stops to get Hillary elected, that is #ing terrifying!!!

I don't think Trump is any better. I think he's probably a plant. I don't think electing him will fix anything, just make things... weird as hell.

My issue is, that you all are playing right into their hands and helping push their narrative. Which is completely BS. They are doing everything they can to make everyone terrified of Trump, encouraging extreme emotions against him, hiding anything that would hurt Hillary while pushing anything that would hurt Trump. Maybe you are right, maybe more people are in a panic about Trump. It's not because Trump is that much worse though. It's because everyone is using everything in their power to put everyone in a panic about Trump because the one and only goal here is to get Hillary elected no matter what.

If the powers that be want her elected this #ing badly, everyone should be terrified. Why is it so important she be elected to the point where they're willing to risk exposing themselves this badly? Is this the final nail before they cement their control or something? Does attempting to hide it become irrelevant after Hillary's presidency?

WTH is going on?

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Oh, spare me!

Writing and calling leaders doesn't work for anyone. You are not special for any reason, snowflake, not because you are black, brown, Asian, or whatever and not because you are under 25 ... not even because you sleep with men, women or goats! They. Don't. Care.

But they'll tell you they do and that the only reason they can't get you exactly what you think you need, want, and desire is because of that "other" group. It's all "their" fault.

Meanwhile you ignore the very real impacts of certain policies they all enforce or don't as a group, no matter which "side" they play.

Wake up and watch the real ball, not the charade.

They ALL want open borders. Why? It's not compassion or fairness. They all want more government control of everything. It's not because it's "fair" or because it works; it's because it takes more control away from you over your life and puts it in their hands, across the board, no matter what we talk about.

And while you and I keep getting poorer, they all get richer no matter which "side" they claim to be on.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join