It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After a firebombing, mob beatings and assassination attempt on Trump, NBC calls the GOP violent.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

originally posted by: roadgravel
That qualifies as an assassination attempt? No wonder it's not news worthy.

It was an assassination attempt by the very definition....

How can that be. He could of tried to commit suicide in public or shoot someone else. Trying to get a firearm and failing doesn't show anything about what would have happened concerning Trump.

If Trump thought it was he would be talking non stop about it.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: TheBulk

It is nonsense. I remember Don Lemon trying to implicate Trump as a cause in the Chicago protest, which we now know is utterly false.

How do you know that is "utterly false"?

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Assassination attempt???

Hoo boy.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Trump lacks the ability to mind-control anyone.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
Whether you agree with the methods or not, you should understand WHY people feel this way about Trump. To a large swath of the population, Trump is Hitler, Mussolini, Stalin, George Bush, Richard Nixon, and Ronald Reagan all rolled into one. The feeling is more akin to "If you could protest and try to stop the next Hitler, would you do it?".

I'm not saying I agree with the methods but I understand their fear and frustration and anger. Now, we can argue all day about why people think what they do, (with most right-wing people blaming it on a big media conspiracy to make Trump out to be all those bad things in peoples eyes) but at the end of the day it's the posturing and words that Trump chooses himself that people are making a judgement from.

Thank you for providing a voice of reason.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Please! The perp said he was there to kill Trump and had been thinking about it for a year!

If that happened to Hillary we would never hear the end of it.

edit on 18/10/16 by spirit_horse because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Whether you agree with the methods or not, you should understand WHY people feel this way about Trump. To a large swath of the population, Trump is Hitler, Mussolini, Stalin, George Bush, Richard Nixon, and Ronald Reagan all rolled into one. The feeling is more akin to "If you could protest and try to stop the next Hitler, would you do it?".

Who cares what your" feelings" are? I don't. A lot of Democrat leaders are a lot of bad things to a lot of people, but I don't see you justifying violence staging them using that logic. Tell me, do you ever apply the standards you hold others to on yourself?

But at the end of the day it's the posturing and words that Trump chooses himself that people are making a judgement from.

No, not really. Clinton does and says a lot of bad things. She lies a lot too, but you don't see the media constantly playing them, talking about them or using them against Hillary in negative attacks. Instead we see quite the opposite.

At the end of the day, you're being told what to think using various nefarious methods and you accept it.

If you don't care what other people's feelings are, then why do you care about any of this at all?

Trump is without question inciting the mob, from both angles. Because he has uncaged the right, he has enraged the left.
It's pretty much civil war.

link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Trump lacks the ability to mind-control anyone.

But the folks "uncovered" by Project Veritas do?

(Or was that not the focus of your comment as it seemed to be.)

link   

His posturing, his rhetoric, his ideas about minority communities

What are you talking about? Can you be specific? You're just listing platitudes.

called out by the media to disavow support from racists

The media huh? The same media that says you cant blame Hillary or Bernie for the actions of their violent supporters? You think no racists support Hillary or Obama? Or, is it that you don't know because the media didn't say anything?

What the whole "Make America Great Again" thing means to you depends on how you would have been treated during those times he wants to take America back to.

Why is this never the case when Democrats use the same slogans? It's like "Take Back America". It's racist when a Republican uses, perfectly fine for Democrats.

To be honest, if Trump would clarify what he says and means in a lot of cases there wouldn't be as much backlash against him

Oh give me a break. Yes, the media is going to stop it's 24/7 assault on him because he "clarified" a statement the media spun or lied about in the first place.

There are numerous examples of Trump acting in ways that could be perceived as racist, to list them at this point would be redundant. If you don't get that from them, that's your perception. Willful or not.

It seems in your mind you're putting the fault on the "media" (whatever you've been told that means) to take some blame off Trump for his perception by a lot of people. News media only works with what Trump gives them. Believe it or not, most people aren't little sponges of liberal thought that absorb anything anyone is telling them just because it's on T.V. I haven't owned a T.V. since 2005 and haven't watched any "news" programs in probably just as long, so I doubt I'm influenced by what anyone on the idiot box talks about. I pay attention to the candidates themselves, not someone else's interpretation of them. Which I would hope that no matter the side, everyone would do.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

I feel the same about Hillary, so do many others, yet...

Wonder what's different...

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove

And around we go.......

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Let's be real about the "assassination attempt" at least ...

A British citizen, attending a Trump rally, tried to pull a LEOs side arm from his holster and was stopped.

That is not anything approaching an "assassination attempt"...

Trump hasn't even tweeted about it; that's how much of a non-story it is.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Why don't you tell us...I'm sure you're aching to...
I for one would like to hear your thoughts on it..

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   

What a prime example of the "telephone game."

Perhaps not everyone was taught that as a kid. Such a shame.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: MagicCow

My only opinion here is people are being violent and the excuses being made to defend one side is the same feelings that's on on the other, but oddly one side has been overwhelmingly violent in comparison and it's mostly ignored and diminished by the media, while the other has not but even the most minor infraction is blown up to the extreme.

Is like BLM, I accept no excuses for why riots and violence is acted out in their name. The only thing anyone should be doing, no matter what side or who is doing it should be doing is speaking against it. Making excuses for it simply enables it by providing support for it.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Uh huh -- Where'd you get your degree from?

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Let's be real about the "assassination attempt" at least ...

A British citizen, attending a Trump rally, tried to pull a LEOs side arm from his holster and was stopped.

That is not anything approaching an "assassination attempt"...

Trump hasn't even tweeted about it; that's how much of a non-story it is.

That is the thing about an ATTEMPT. The perp himself said he had been planning to kill him for a year and drove from California to do so. He attempted to do it by gaining access to a sidearm since he couldn't get one through security.

If someone had been talking about killing you and lived in another state say, and he drove to a party you were at and tried to grab a pistol from someone at the party to kill you with, you wouldn't call that an attempt? Why? He has to actually get away with shooting you to make it an attempt?

It is clear by law what it is. If they just said you have to actually get off a shot, well that would be an ignorant and disastrous way to conduct law and security. It isn't a conspiracy because there is no second party involved. But the bottom line is he told the authorities what he was doing and it doesn't require a tweet to make it so.

edit on 18/10/16 by spirit_horse because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   

a reply to: MagicCow

My only opinion here is people are being violent and the excuses being made to defend one side is the same feelings that's on on the other, but oddly one side has been overwhelmingly violent in comparison and it's mostly ignored and diminished by the media, while the other has not but even the most minor infraction is blown up to the extreme.

Is like BLM, I accept no excuses for why riots and violence is acted out in their name. The only thing anyone should be doing, no matter what side or who is doing it should be doing is speaking against it. Making excuses for it simply enables it by providing support for it.

Understanding something isn't excusing it.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

I agree with you that BLM is being violent and co-opted
by parties that have steered it in that direction.
I agree that the hypocrisy in both camps is bar
none the best I have ever seen.

Hillary lies and lies and lies while Trump tells his supporters he's going to build a wall - deport millions while adding thousands into internment camps and for good measure kill their families. LOVE IS GRAND.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: spirit_horse

Fine. You can call it an attempt. There was never, at any time, the wherewithal on the part of the perpetrator to perform the act of assassination.

It's clear by law, eh? LOL. Sure, why not? So you think intent in the absence of opportunity is actionable.

Sure.

Make it up as you go along.

I want to point out to you, again, that even Mr. Trump, who never lets an affront real or imagined go by, has said NOTHING.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join