It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

After a firebombing, mob beatings and assassination attempt on Trump, NBC calls the GOP violent.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: DrStevenBrule

It's only bad if you're not a backward leaning Liberal.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

originally posted by: underwerks
Whether you agree with the methods or not, you should understand WHY people feel this way about Trump. To a large swath of the population, Trump is Hitler, Mussolini, Stalin, George Bush, Richard Nixon, and Ronald Reagan all rolled into one. The feeling is more akin to "If you could protest and try to stop the next Hitler, would you do it?".

I'm not saying I agree with the methods but I understand their fear and frustration and anger. Now, we can argue all day about why people think what they do, (with most right-wing people blaming it on a big media conspiracy to make Trump out to be all those bad things in peoples eyes) but at the end of the day it's the posturing and words that Trump chooses himself that people are making a judgement from.

It's funny actually, we know Clinton and the DNC have been up to major, very serious criminal activity. It's history with tons of evidence in videos and documents. Trump has done nothing yet. The entire platform of Hillary supporters is based in the ideology of pre-crime. They don't know what's going to happen, they just revolt based on what they think or are told might happen. That's not thinking, that's being used as a useful idiot/parrot/puppet to support someone else's agenda. The someone else being a known criminal, Clinton.

Cheers - Dave

Honestly I don't see the Hillary email thing getting much traction except among people that already despise Hillary. You have to remember, most of the people that would participate in violent acts like intimidating voters or firebombing the RNC are people that have been criminalized by our society for one reason or another from early on in their life, so Hillary breaking a few procedural laws about emails doesn't mean that much to them. Not as much as what Trump represents. This country hasn't always been good to all of its citizens, and Trump represents that by-gone era. Whether that is justified or not is open to personal interpretation.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   

and Trump represents that by-gone era. Whether that is justified or not is open to personal interpretation.

How so? What has Trump done or said to illicit this feeling?

OR, could it be that the media has been pumping this narrative out for a decade now about ANY Republican?

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   
After a firebombing, mob beatings and assassination attempt on Trump, NBC calls the GOP violent.

That's what they call PROJECTION.

Take a good look at the last eight years.

Occupy Wall Street,

Ferguson.

BLM.

Paid Protestors by the left at Trump rallies.

Me think the media shills doth protest too much.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Not at all.

What do you mean not at all? It's not repugnant?

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Whether you agree with the methods or not, you should understand WHY people feel this way about Trump. To a large swath of the population, Trump is Hitler, Mussolini, Stalin, George Bush, Richard Nixon, and Ronald Reagan all rolled into one. The feeling is more akin to "If you could protest and try to stop the next Hitler, would you do it?".

I'm not saying I agree with the methods but I understand their fear and frustration and anger. Now, we can argue all day about why people think what they do, (with most right-wing people blaming it on a big media conspiracy to make Trump out to be all those bad things in peoples eyes) but at the end of the day it's the posturing and words that Trump chooses himself that people are making a judgement from.

Gosh, some poeple feel that way about Obama and Hillary, but you don't see us doing this to her loyal brown-shirts at her rallies, do you?

Your feelings do not justify this response.

It makes one wonder how they treat their relatives who support Trump. Do they beat the snot out of them too?

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   
When was the Trump assassination attempt?

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

and Trump represents that by-gone era. Whether that is justified or not is open to personal interpretation.

How so? What has Trump done or said to illicit this feeling?

OR, could it be that the media has been pumping this narrative out for a decade now about ANY Republican?

His posturing, his rhetoric, his ideas about minority communities that show he has no idea about minority communities, his tweeting of meme's from stormfront, having to be called out by the media to disavow support from racists, and mainly in a lot of places, his supporters and their words and actions.

What the whole "Make America Great Again" thing means to you depends on how you would have been treated during those times he wants to take America back to. To be honest, if Trump would clarify what he says and means in a lot of cases there wouldn't be as much backlash against him, but his style of rhetoric and talking rest on being vague and letting people make their own interpretations. He helps creates his own enemy, so he has someone to point a finger at.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   

being vague and letting people make their own interpretations

That's very true. Later he'll be able to say he didn't say he would do "that".

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
When was the Trump assassination attempt?

Isn't it odd that you even have to ask that? Do you honestly believe that would be the case if someone made an attempt on Hillary or ANY Democrat for that matter?

www.washingtonpost.com...

Why isn’t the assassination attempt on Donald Trump bigger news?

The No. 1 trending question related to Donald Trump on Google right now is "Who tried to shoot Trump?" Which means a lot of people don't know the answer. Which is probably because the assassination attempt on the presumptive Republican presidential nominee hasn't been covered as a major news story.

The answer, authorities say, is Michael Steven Sandford, a 20-year-old British citizen who was in the United States illegally after overstaying his visa. Sandford allegedly tried to pull a gun from the holster of a police officer at a Trump rally in Las Vegas on Saturday. He was arrested and later told the Secret Service that he had driven to the event from California and had been planning to kill the candidate for a year, according to a criminal complaint filed Monday in U.S. District Court in Nevada.

edit on 18-10-2016 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Gosh, some poeple feel that way about Obama and Hillary, but you don't see us doing this to her loyal brown-shirts at her rallies, do you?

Your feelings do not justify this response.

It makes one wonder how they treat their relatives who support Trump. Do they beat the snot out of them too?

These aren't just my feelings I'm talking about, and I never said it was justified. This is a giant segment of society that's been beaten down and criminalized for years. Writing your leaders doesn't help, protesting your leaders doesn't help, no way of working through the system for any type of meaningful change helps, so what do you do? Put yourself in other peoples shoes and try to understand the frustration and anger. Mix that up with being under 25. I never said it was a correct response, just that I can understand why people feel the way they do.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: MagicCow

Wow. Go read back on what you've written. Unless you edited to keep up your agenda. The lefties get triggered.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

Isn't it odd that you even have to ask that? Do you honestly believe that would be the case if someone made an attempt on Hillary or ANY Democrat for that matter.

It is strange that it is hardly mentioned, and even forgotten. The reason behind the assassination attempt was "to save America", which follows the media's demonization of Trump, basically inciting him to do it.
edit on 18-10-2016 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   
That qualifies as an assassination attempt? No wonder it's not news worthy.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   
“Accuse others of what you do"
-unknown- maybe Marx, maybe Lenin, maybe Goebbels, maybe Clinton

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   

His posturing, his rhetoric, his ideas about minority communities

What are you talking about? Can you be specific? You're just listing platitudes.

called out by the media to disavow support from racists

The media huh? The same media that says you cant blame Hillary or Bernie for the actions of their violent supporters? You think no racists support Hillary or Obama? Or, is it that you don't know because the media didn't say anything?

What the whole "Make America Great Again" thing means to you depends on how you would have been treated during those times he wants to take America back to.

Why is this never the case when Democrats use the same slogans? It's like "Take Back America". It's racist when a Republican uses, perfectly fine for Democrats.

To be honest, if Trump would clarify what he says and means in a lot of cases there wouldn't be as much backlash against him

Oh give me a break. Yes, the media is going to stop it's 24/7 assault on him because he "clarified" a statement the media spun or lied about in the first place.
edit on 18-10-2016 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
That qualifies as an assassination attempt? No wonder it's not news worthy.

It was an assassination attempt by the very definition....

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

It is strange that it is hardly mentioned, and even forgotten. The reason behind the assassination attempt was "to save America", which follows the media's demonization of Trump, basically inciting him to do it.

Which is why they won;t talk about it.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: ksiezyc

I'm sure your fellow deplorable's will be around soon to star you for saying "lefties get triggered"..HAHAHA
You're BS. You really are and I say that only because you felt comfortable saying it to me.
Obviously it hasn't hit you yet. I'm not a lefty or a righty..haha you triggered zealot.
You Trumpers are like those people on the road that cross others off without a care
because of your arrogant entitlement but then start crying and screaming and get aggressive
when someone cuts you off. HAHAHAHA

edit on 18-10-2016 by MagicCow because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join