It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New attack on ATS

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   
So this morning I was quickly flipping from page to page on ATS when suddenly everything went *poof*.

Are we under another attack? And if so who thinks it might be related to the amount of election information that is flying across the boards?!? Man I hope this post...I have gotten in a few time only to be bounced back off.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

Well, it took me four tries to finally get here to ATS, kept getting a " Incorrect address" message.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Well ,with the turnover of the DNS backbone servers to the UN , what do we expect. Just the beginning.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   

I got knocked offline as well.

I went here and just checked now and saw it finally back up. Looks like there's a few Websites that were knocked offline with this one.
www.isitdownrightnow.com...

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75
So this morning I was quickly flipping from page to page on ATS when suddenly everything went *poof*.

Are we under another attack?

On Sunday the site was going very slow for me, sometimes when I went to post it said the site was taking too long to respond, that was on my phone and my laptop. Sometimes when it loaded the colours were off (it was somewhere in between the dark and light options) other times (on my phone) it wouldn't optimise the pages for viewing on a mobile device. I also saw another post about this. A lot of UK folks were having this problem but so was a South African member, a few Americans and Canadians and another member from elsewhere that I don't recall...

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   

I have been having the same issue for a few days now. This last one being the longest for time down.

This place is lit up with some very intelligent political conversations. Amount of traffic?

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   

My issue is that i post on a thread, go to another thread. And poof, the previous thread is gone. As if a mod removed it. I search and search, but its not there. I refresh and clear my caches and cookies. Still gone...

I put in this effort because i know there was no reason to remove it. It happened earlier after i resonded to "What's your Favorite Stupid Movie"

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I had similar issues (yesterday) trying to access that leak site that has everyone so excited.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 10:10 AM
link   

In the future, the first place I would check is here:
internetpulse.keynote.com...

If any of these providers have problems you may have issues while your neighbor on a different isp connecting through different peers will have no issue at all.

The Norse map is fun to watch but too much too fast to decipher sometimes.

thx
-d

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh
I have had a few post disappear too....for no reason. They don't seem edgy so I don't think they would be removed but once seen I am unable to find them again...

Thanks guys for your updates!!! At least I am not suffering alone.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Yup. RIGHT when news broke today from Wikileaks that it was John Kerry who pressured Ecuador to silence Assange by cutting off his Internet access.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   
It did the same to me. I could pull up other sites but not ats.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   
There are a lot of attacks around the globe today. One of them took out our DDoS mitigation service.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Thanks so much for the update SO!

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Thanks Martin and SkepticOverlord.
Thought for a moment i was going crazy with the possibility that Mandela Effects are real.☺

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh
SO has addressed the thread's main issue here, but thought I'd reply to your own problem.

I just checked your "posts" page in your profile HERE and it shows you posted twice in the "The Dumb Movies We Love" thread. Your first post in the thread is This One.

So, it beats me why you can't find your posts or that thread. It wasn't moved by a mod and is still in Movies, where it was posted. In any case, your "posts" page should still show your posts even if a thread gets moved, except for ones in threads that got sent to the trash bin.

If you are having issues accessing your own Profile / threads / posts pages, please let us know.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: JustMike
Hey Mike! Thanks for helping out! Hope the move is going well!

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I cleared out my cookies and had to log in again.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

To tag on to Bigburgh's issue. I posted a comment and could not see it when logged in! I could see that it was the last reply, click on the link to check (spelling and grammar), no post. Go to MyATS, no link to the thread. Try going to main thread from the 'New' and again, my post did not show up.

So, I logout and go full on lurker mode. There it is just like the 'Recent' and 'New' said it was. So I shrugged it off and stayed in lurker mode. I do not think it was anything major so I did not make a fuss about it. I think it did later show up on MyATS so I was OK with it happening.

So there are some strange things happening from time to time. And it is not just you BB!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join