It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Philippines War On Drugs is the real life "Purge"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 03:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: pianopraze

originally posted by: uncommitted
a reply to: DodgyDawg

Don't you think the problem may be slippery slopes? This isn't confined to drug sellers, but addicts. Once they are all dead, who is next in line to keep him popular?

Hypothetical question, but I'm not sure anyone apart from him is in a position to respond.

Terrorists.

He's hard at work on ending some of the largest terrorist groups that are kidnapping and beheading people... but that doesn't make western media.

Some people would say vigilantes killing people they deem to be criminals are also terrorists, you seem to have a problem acknowledging that.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 04:05 AM
link   
He's in China now and blew off any official events, only to have dinner with expats.

He will meet with Xi Jinping on thurs to talk about biz with 400 business leaders in his delegation.

He is playing off China against Obama and it seems a smart move.

My Filipino friends all are happy with him.

The addicts and dealers get to turn themselves in, something on the order of 700k+. Resist and die.

We been over this before in another thread, he's also cleaning out corruption at the highest levels.

He needs the help of the people to do it at street level.

As to his war on drugs spilling over to other stuff, no one is worried about it.

A law and order guy.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
a reply to: kelbtalfenek

Maybe the death sentences might lessen the problem so it becomes tolerable then
So be it

I accept that there will always be a problem, I also think there comes a time

I have tons of friends in the Philippines and they say that the streets are safer now. So be it. I have a few friends that are against the extra-judicial killings, as am I. The majority of them see the immediate impact of complete intolerance, and they seem pretty happy about it. It's not my country though, and I am seeing it through my own eyes.

Whatever the case, if the majority of corrupt officials, police and military are ousted, and the situation returns to a level of normalcy in the Philippines, then lets hope that the extra-judicial killings do not target the next group of law breakers, or perceived troublemakers.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join