It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists discover new method to fight "Superbugs"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   

The Milk of the Tasmanian Devil contains important peptides that appear to be able to kill hard-to-treat infections.

What do you think, investment opportunity? I'm going to start my Tasmanian Devil milking ranch now!!

Milk

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: AshFan

Pointless if agriculture continues to use human antibiotics in industry - resistance spreads like a cold, and it doesn't take long.

Reduce the unnecessary vast antibiotic use in agriculture including a ban on those "highly critical" to human health

edit on 18/10/16 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I heard you can milk anything with nipples.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 08:46 AM
link   
This would be funny.

Mum could i have Tasmanian Devil milk with my CoCo Pops please lol.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

I tested this theory. Nothing's coming out
Day-ruiner

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: soficrow

I look forward to a time when half of our genome is tartigrade. OR we retrovirus ourselves into such a toxic state that no external virus or bacteria can survive.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter
I heard you can milk anything with nipples.

Really Greg?

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Oh great more antibiotics.

Count down started for super 'duper' bugs!

Okay joking aside, who the hell milks a Tasmanian devil and trys this stuff out. As surprising as it is, what else have people 'treated' with the milk of what other obscure animals. So weird!

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Big pharma boutta start harvesting Tasmanian devils like pumpkins

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   

That will bring the price per pound of meat up .05 cents per pound. And the big meat producers use purposely confusing labels.

A Center for Science in the Public Interest analysis of Food and Drug Administration data shows that 80% of all antibiotics administered are to animals, and not to help them get better when they’re ill.

Labels to look for – Organic – No antibiotics used (or similar) – American Grassfed Food Alliance – Certified Grassfed

Confusing labels – Natural – Antibiotic-free – No antibiotic residues – No antibiotic growth promotants

consumerist.com... -free-meat-doesnt-mean-what-you-think-it-does/

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

That will bring the price per pound of meat up .05 cents per pound. And the big meat producers use purposely confusing labels.

Oh. Well then. If it threatens profits...

Illuminating, this:

A Center for Science in the Public Interest analysis of Food and Drug Administration data shows that 80% of all antibiotics administered are to animals, and not to help them get better when they’re ill.

Thanks.

edit on 18/10/16 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: AshFan

I look forward to a time when half of our genome is tartigrade. OR we retrovirus ourselves into such a toxic state that no external virus or bacteria can survive.

Just remembered my old hypothesis... when you have a prion infection, it jumps into high gear when you get another infection, uses your immune system to spread in the body and destroys the other 'invaders' - thus preventing other infections from hurting you. Seems a tad symbiotic.

[Watch. Someone's going to jump on this and try to market prions like they did tapeworms last century. ...Oh wait. They're already doing it.]

edit on 18/10/16 by soficrow because: add watch

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I've been drinking it years and nothing has happened to meeeow .

I'll see myself out .

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   

It seems all that matters is price and profit. But the true price isn't reflected in that low, low price per pound. Here are some costs of production that are "externalized" :

Low wages at farms, and processing facilities
Low wages for employees to transport the animals and products
Costs of super bugs to be treated in hospitals
Costs to clean up animal waste and fertilizers/Herbicides in waterways
Encourages illegal immigration to fill minimum wage/under the table/below min wage jobs
Housing/healthcare/incarceration/schooling/social/policing costs for illegal aliens

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: SuspiciousTom

Nah, they would sooner trigger an ecological disaster eradicating the Tasmanian devil to promote their proprietary bioequivalent maintenance drug.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

It seems all that matters is price and profit. But the true price isn't reflected in that low, low price per pound. Here are some costs of production that are "externalized" :

Low wages at farms, and processing facilities
Low wages for employees to transport the animals and products
Costs of super bugs to be treated in hospitals
Costs to clean up animal waste and fertilizers/Herbicides in waterways
Encourages illegal immigration to fill minimum wage/under the table/below min wage jobs
Housing/healthcare/incarceration/schooling/social/policing costs for illegal aliens

What clean up?

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Biigs
Okay joking aside, who the hell milks a Tasmanian devil and trys this stuff out. As surprising as it is, what else have people 'treated' with the milk of what other obscure animals. So weird!

The same people who tasted Beaver anal secretions to find out it tastes of vanilla.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   

true

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Azdraik

Hey, its a recognized and legitimate past time.

new topics

top topics

join