It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Breaking: Julian Assange May be Arrested in Matter of Hours--Fox News. Wikileaks 11 Podesta Email R

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Or....Robin Hood comes along and opens the coffers of information that the tax payer is paying for.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: Annee

No, there is no kidding happening.

Wikileaks do not hack. They get information delivered to them, verify sources for the information, sift the contents to see if it ACTUALLY presents a national security threat, and publish what they can, at about the pace they can sift it. That's all. They do not spy, hack, steal, or commit espionage activities. They only distribute information they receive, and nothing more.

let me ask you something....if a guy stole all your money, then ran to another guy and gave it to him, you would be ok with that second guy having your money, because he didn't actually steal it, he just received it...but, the first guy you would want arrested, the second guy, no problem....

If it was money....
But it is information about the corruption of our government and also that '4th branch' the press.

edit on b000000312016-10-18T13:07:28-05:0001America/ChicagoTue, 18 Oct 2016 13:07:28 -0500100000016 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   

I guess it depends if that guy was actually like Robin Hood and stole from the State to give money taken via theft back to their rightful owners?

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Witness2008

Or....Robin Hood comes along and opens the coffers of information that the tax payer is paying for.

Nicccccce!

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Witness2008

Sorry Witness - you beat me to it! LOL my apologies there.

Also, want to add - a slight mea culpa to Annee - I lacked context in my statement, I really should have been clear in that I was asking for proof that Assange has hacked anything (in his role at Wikileaks). Context matters and I wasn't clear in my quick response (really busy in the office, only have time here and there on my breaks to comment).

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: lordcomac

It doesn't make sense to be arresting him now, since he announced a dead mans switch and released all that encrypted data... he has a gun pointed at their head and they're pulling the trigger? Something stinks.

Of course they should arrest him.

Something stinks? You mean like hacking into private military/political data?

I thought you said you were intelligent?

You do know what wiki leaks does, right?

Let me ask you if you support the government hacking you - - - do you think everything you do should be exposed and made public?

You expect 100% transparency for government - - but, zero for you?

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   

We pay for the government and as the employer I demand to know what my workers are doing.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: SonOfThor

Well I certainly understood your post. Sadly context is lost on some folks.

Great minds think a like.

edit on 18-10-2016 by Witness2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   
REALLY!?! Because we want transparency for what OUR paid officials are doing you think they should have access to what I do in my private life.

Have you gone completely mad!?!

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Are you equating Government transparency with personal liberty and privacy? That is a scary analogy.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

When it comes right down to it, every email, every memo, every free meal these criminals have or are about to have belong to us. Wikileaks is just doing what is needed to put us back in charge.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75
REALLY!?! Because we want transparency for what OUR paid officials are doing you think they should have access to what I do in my private life.

Some people have just got confused about the role of the govt. I don't blame them actually, the world has become so inverted over the last 30 years.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   

We pay for the government and as the employer I demand to know what my workers are doing.

Tell that to your immediate boss.

Tell them you want to be in on all the Think Tank discussions.

Tell them you have to have all the ins and outs of their decision making.

If they don't volunteer it to you - - - you're gonna hack their systems and steal it. Because, of course, you have that right.
edit on 18-10-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   

You may have missed the point.
The correct analogy is that your immediate subordinate is excluding you from meetings and not sharing information.
The govt are not your boss, even though it may seem like it in today's world.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

You may have missed the point.
The correct analogy is that your immediate subordinate is excluding you from meetings and not sharing information.
The govt are not your boss, even though it may seem like it in today's world.

No, I'm not missing any point.

I know what Transparent Government means.

You're just all caught up in this - - like kids getting in the candy jar.

Would you like the Nuke codes too?

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: Martin75

Some people have just got confused about the role of the govt. I don't blame them actually, the world has become so inverted over the last 30 years.

I am not confused.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: MamaJ
a reply to: UKTruth

Never will I give up hope on people, like me and you, but let's be honest... Money is a motivator. Money talks.

I HOPE Assange's intentions are in the right place but I will remain on the fence until I know more and see evidence he isn't bought and paid for.

My hopes in revealing the truth whether be from Assange or groups like Anonymous is there but I remain skeptical with the motivation factor which lingers in my gut which I can't ignore.

Intent is everything. It reveals where the heart is. If his heart is in the right place.. great... if not he is just as guilty as Killary.

mama I'm inclined to agree with you, I'm not sure it's all about money though.

And people are crying for transparency and truth these days, but what seems to be happening is a flood of information that is not being addressed properly, because there is so much of it.

I'm going to let you in a little secret because I was working across borders for the auto industry years ago when NAFTA was implemented. When we were shipping US made automotive controls across borders Mexico wanted to know exactly what we were shipping, so they asked for paper documentation.

What we did was copy every user manual we had related to the process controls we shipped, which worked out to be 1000's of pages, and weighed about 50 pounds of documents. What this did was overwhelm the intended parties, and they just stamped the goods ok, to move on, because they didn't have the resources, knowledge, or know how to disseminate the information.

It's much different here because we weren't doing anything illegal, but we just wanted our controls shipped to Chrysler in Toluca, Mexico. It was a psychological move that was given to us by higher ups.

I'm not sure that's what is going on here, but I do question motives no matter where they are coming from. Wikileaks imo is a necessary entity for transparency. Good job on denying ignorance, on your part.

edit on 18-10-2016 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   

If they don't volunteer it to you - - - you're gonna hack their systems and steal it. Because, of course, you have that right.

It's more like your boss telling that to you because the government is supposed to serve we the people.. and bosses do that all the time.

link   
I want transparency from my Government and if you pay me to do something, you should demand transparency from me in that regard. For example, if you're my partner in Business, my numbers/accounting/banking should be transparent to you.

As far as Government goes. Sure there are some things that can't be transparent, for safety, investigative or privacy of government employees. No one is arguing that.

But we should know how much money is in the Black Budget and where it goes, where our congressmen and women get their money, what's in our trade agreements, what the NSA is doing with it's budget, etc.

Wikileaks keeps people in power honest. If this election has shown us anything is that those in government crave power and don't have our best interests at heart.

link   
You've got it backwards honey.

Write some really sleazy emails and see how long you keep your job. As an employer your boss has access to everything that you do...including your emails. All they have to do it come see me (I work in the IT department and have been ordered to do this) and I will print them all out for them. When you log into your email this is what you are agreeing to.

It should be no different with government employees. If I as their boss want it all, they should have to produce. Understand now?

edit on 10/18/2016 by Martin75 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join