It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cream Cheese Fettuccine w/ Bacon, Crab Meat and Garlic

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 03:10 AM
link   
I am a tinkerer when it comes to food. I like to try and create things that are different. Fettuccine Alfredo is one of my favorite dishes, but I decided to give it a tweak this time and I thought it turned out great so I decided to share my on the fly recipe.

Not a dish traditionally made with cream cheese, but I love cream cheese so I thought what the heck.

I made a lb of fettuccine and set it aside to cool down.

I took a 1/2 lb of bacon and cooked it well done.

I sautéed 1 lb blue crab with garlic and butter in a smidgen of olive oil.

I melted 8 oz of cream cheese and added a 1/4 cup whole milk.

I tossed everything into the fettuccine and mixed up well.

I put it all in a Pyrex Casserole dish and placed it under the broiler for about 5 minutes.

I then sprinkled some diced roma tomatoes on top.

It was very tasty served with broccoli and corn on the cob with a spinach salad and Bleu Cheese dressing.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 03:17 AM
link   
a reply to: searcherfortruth

Yes yes.. all nice

But my eyes would like some action to, pictures please
Sounds really good.. now I have go eat some bacon and cheese

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Sounds spectacular! Just make sure your seafood isn't from the Pacific if you must go there. Hell, at this point, I dare say seafood isn't even an option anymore.

I think I'll try this with chicken, thanks!

edit on E31America/ChicagoTue, 18 Oct 2016 03:46:25 -050010amTuesdayth03am by EternalShadow because: a correction

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 03:52 AM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

Of course sea food is still an option.

We are not meant to live for ever.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 03:54 AM
link   

a large edible swimming crab of the Atlantic coast of North America.

I would be concerned about tuna or salmon, but Blue Crab, not a problem. I am sure any meat you want to use with this recipe would be suitable otherwise.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 03:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

Would love to oblige you on the pictures, but I am not camera Internet accessible, you will just have to make it yourself or use that vivid imagination that I know you have.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 03:58 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Yeah well Fukishima or however you spell it, made Pacific seafood a crap shoot. Yes, still an option, just careful what you eat just the same.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 04:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Of course sea food is still an option.

We are not meant to live for ever.

Touche....lol. What wine selection would you recommend? Hahaha

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 04:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: searcherfortruth

a large edible swimming crab of the Atlantic coast of North America.

I would be concerned about tuna or salmon, but Blue Crab, not a problem. I am sure any meat you want to use with this recipe would be suitable otherwise.

Tuna and salmon are toast and beyond the realm of concern. Bottom dwelling inhabitants are far more likely to be contaminated. You're right however, be safe nonetheless.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 05:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: searcherfortruth
a reply to: Spacespider

Would love to oblige you on the pictures, but I am not camera Internet accessible, you will just have to make it yourself or use that vivid imagination that I know you have.

You don´t have a phone ?

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 05:24 AM
link   

India Pale Ale, something with a soft, subtle finish, rather than anything to strident.

I will leave the wine choice to the ladies!

Smashing the flavour of the food off the tongue negates the point in eating it though, so whatever it is going to be, the drink you have with it must be something with a subtle flavour, and more toward the sweet than the bitter end.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 06:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
India Pale Ale, something with a soft, subtle finish, rather than anything to strident.
I will leave the wine choice to the ladies!

Smashing the flavour of the food off the tongue negates the point in eating it though, so whatever it is going to be, the drink you have with it must be something with a subtle flavour, and more toward the sweet than the bitter end.

Since you are leaving it to us...I would choose a riesling if subtlety is the goal. A dessert wine, usually perhaps but, I have found one that is relatively inexpensive (cheap even) and liked very well by my non wine drinking friends. It's very sweet and mellow. I'll put up a photo for some color...it takes a little like a soda pop to me but, it's okay and if you buy a lot of wine for gatherings, affordable enough.

I would be happy with a drier chardonnay (that is just my preference).

Either way, the dish sounds delicious. I may try it without the bacon (I KNOW, BLASPHEMY!) and just a spinach salad on the side. I'll let you know how it turns out and try to post some photos although I am NOT a chef OR a photographer!

edit on 18-10-2016 by TNMockingbird because: The photo is HUGE! Not sure how to make it smaller...apologies.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   
This sounds like the most amazing thing I've ever heard of. It's 9:30 am here, I read that headline, now I'm starving lol. I've never thought of using cream cheese in a pasta like that.

new topics

top topics

join