It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the US pushing Russia to the brink of a nuclear war?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Yeah I was refuting your blame Mexico comment. Using you logic the same can be applied to Russia.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

The Mexico comment was more a simple attempt at levity, Trump being the mad bastard that he is.

But i digress i suppose, ma bad.

edit on 19-10-2016 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: midicon

Russia still has a an effective tank and APC force that could quite possibly sweep through NATO defenses. We might have a hard time stopping them without resorting to the use of tactical nukes ourselves. Just a thought.

It's not near what it once was in both size and logistics. They could take the Baltics easy, but that's about it. I don't think their logistics would get them to Germany anymore.

Of course neither are NATOs conventional forces. Germany is down to what amounts to two under strength armored (panzer) divisions and some light troops. The US only has a Stryker Brigade in Germany and a light Airborne Brigade in Italy (there might be 1 armored brigade on a temporary deployment in Europe, but the last 2 permanently stationed heavy Brigades left 2 years ago. In the 80's there was about 6 divisions worth of heavy units in Germany and equipment sets for 3 or 4 more). I'd have to dig, but I don't think the British Army of the Rhein even exists anymore.

It would be a much different war than the one NATO originally planned to fight against the Warsaw Pact.
edit on 19-10-2016 by SrWingCommander because: additional content.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: SrWingCommander

Lets just hope it does not develop in to any conflict between superpowers because it might, as you say "be a much different war than the one NATO originally planned to fight against the Warsaw Pact" but it would be along similar lines.

How do you think NATO would response to any incursion into friendly territory?

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake
Honestly, I don't think we would confront them directly over in the Ukraine....maybe not even the Balkins.

Poland probably....but that's pushing the Russians logistic limits.

Syria we would, probably, because we have backed ourselves into a corner.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: SrWingCommander

I pretty much think the same but there would need to be some form of military response should the make it as far as the Balkans.

As to Syria i really don't have a clue how they will sort out the situation over there.

If we are in a corner just think how Russia must feel.

What about China, think they would get involved conventionally or even use nukes should Russia and NATO go toe to toe or do you think they would have the sense to sit it out and win by default?

Not that they would most lightly be afforded such luxury given the M.A.D nature of a heavy nuclear exchange.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: AnkhMorpork

A blast from the past via CBS News (2010):

Nukes Disabled by UFO's

As ATS members know, there's a wealth of information and documents about such events occurring (Minot Air Force base is another example), reported by retired military personnel and not just by the alternative media.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: tweetie

If Aliens show up to disable the nukes.....followed by "we have the way". I am going to go with the demon theory, and the Tribulation is upon us.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

What do you you think of my pet theory :US intelligence is the source of the leak ,in retaliation to Hillary's elitist immunity?

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

I doubt that, because I doubt that anyone who has signed up to work for the US intelligence agency actually did so for the good of the country. I believe that the entire intelligence infrastructure (although perhaps not every agent or appendage is aware of it) has been set up to obfuscate the existence of what I refer to as "The Management", those who actually own the United States, and the methods by which they maintain and protect their controlling share of the nations resources and assets.

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 02:56 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

putin pissed off the bankers in a hostile take over of the financial and economic system

he got greedy

gambled and failed.

bankers are pissed off.

its an economic war between putin and the bankers.

one putin will lose when russia is bankrupt in 6 months after he burns through the remainder of his gold reserve propping up the falling russian economy and currency.

all they gotta do is just drop the oil price

and increase sanctions on russia.

its basically check mate and nothing putin can do about it.

in 6 months he bankrupts russia and is done.

so no world war 3. thats just propaganda

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: bluerabbit7788

Yes it is, but are you conversant with the idea that the US government should not be undertaking propaganda campaigns which do more to control its own citizens, than its supposed enemies abroad, making their people believe things which are false, which skew their world view and lead them to fail at geopolitical understanding of the most basic kind? Are you aware that the truth has more value than the lies that the US feeds its population, and that armed with the truth, the people of the United States of America have a better shot at making good choices when it comes to everything, from their own positions on issues, to the choices they make for president?

In a nation which is literally run on lies and deceit at the highest level, but contains largely honest and hard working people, where those who do the least are paid the most, where those who do the most are paid the least, where those who do the least and profit from the work of others, do better than those who slay themselves daily for their pittance, what justice can there be, what health and well being can the working person expect, when next door to all the effort they put in means nothing in terms of their capacity to advance themselves or their families at all?

World War would be a horror show of the worst kind, but that is only a distraction. The real target, the real aim of this horror hype, is to prompt the working person to forget their concerns about their situation, and get them focused on something big, potentially lethal, and out of their hands, to numb them to the dire state they have been placed in, to make them fear something allegedly worse than the notion that their labours are all for nought.

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Just because we placed a missile defense system in Romania, why are atom bombs RUSSIA'S response? Putin is acting like Kim Jong-un here.
edit on 22-10-2016 by Kromlech because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: AnkhMorpork

Is the US pushing Russia to the brink of a nuclear war?

The simple answer is NO.

The Vatican AKA The Holy Roman Empire controls both sides, all sides.

This 3rd World War will be just like Vietnam - A fugazi - Vietnamese word meaning fake. It is not an Italian word as the crime/gangster movies lead you to believe.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join