It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the US pushing Russia to the brink of a nuclear war?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 02:33 AM
link   

I think that they need to stop and re-consider and re-start the re-start, because it appears to be getting reckless, like a reverse version of the Cuban Missile Crisis waged by the US against Russia.

I say stop it, fix Syria, tben on to Israel and the larger Middle East. Peace for sustained prosperity.

This thing is still a tinderbox.

Time to deescalate the threat and move the clock back from one minute to midnight.

It's crazy.

It reminds me of strategies that have been proven not to work.

That's not to say I would want to see Trump made President, but Clinton had sure better de-escalate and stop squeezing the bear until it has to bite.

Putin appears to want to deescalate the whole thing, but no one is listening.

It's time for a settled world, imho.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 02:36 AM
link   
a reply to: AnkhMorpork

Let me think for a minute.. Yes.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 03:15 AM
link   

If only Putin could settle with the land Russia have now.. and leave everyone alone
And if only US could settle with the land US have now.. and leave everyone alone
Everyone should just mind there own business, and stop dragging civilians into darkness.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Let me think for a second.. NO.
#PoorRussia with its dirty deeds MH17, Ukraine, Syria, Georgia. If Russia was so clean and pure folks would be flocking there for a free peaceful life . Russia could do so much good but chooses to lie and Hack and distort and Hate. A shame really.

Not saying anywhere else is pure and perfect but most allow some oppositions and dissent.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 03:20 AM
link   

I say stop it, fix Syria, tben on to Israel and the larger Middle East. Peace for sustained prosperity.

The above statement is the PROBLEM not the solution.

We need to STOP meddling in the affairs of other countries. What right to we have to meddle in any country? Hell, what right does the U.S. Government have to meddle with their own citizens? They are supposed to work for us, right?

edit on 2016/10/18 by Metallicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 03:22 AM
link   
a reply to: skywatcher44

Wait. Nowhere in any of this was it implied that Russia is pure and perfect.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 03:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

The US is/was supposed to serve as a global Leader, not dominate.

But it always takes two to tango, but I don't like either side messing around with life on earth just for geo-political brinksmanship.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 03:36 AM
link   
I get the sense, as how things have been for many decades, is that higher powers are playing both sides looking to make a fortune from war.

A hint to why this may be the case: each event is announced and made conspicuous - made the center of attention in the media.

..but what do I know ?

Link

Link

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 03:40 AM
link   
"Is the US pushing Russia to the brink of a nuclear war?"

Of course.

Everything that has been "escalating", socially, politically and otherwise, is meant to delay or distract from an inevitable economic collapse coming VERY soon to a wallet near you.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 03:43 AM
link   
The way I see it, this all comes down to the big boys wanting to take all the oil for themselves. For mother earth as we know it survive we have to turn to cleaner and greener technology's and ways of farming and living, so why are we still fighting over oil. ?

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Skywatcher44,

While I am aware that Russia has some hackers, and that they hack, if you live in the United States of America, or any nation whose intelligence agency is part of the Five Eyes network, then you have absolutely no platform from which to complain at Russian intelligence activity. Moreover, complaining that they shot down an aircraft, when your own nations government has been funding the major terror networks for decades, along with its partners internationally, is also a FANTASTICALLY gigantic double standard, and again, is a position that you simply cannot take with any legitimacy or gravitas.

If your people wrest back control of their government from the forces which currently control it, IF your people prevent their leaders from imposing their own agendas on the foreign affairs policy of the nation, IF your people demand and receive the obedience of their political representatives, and refuse to continue to fund, equip, and train "rebel" groups across the world as proxies for their ridiculous sideshows, THEN you may complain at the outrageous activities of those outside your borders, but until then, kindly focus your ire where it belongs, which, in case the point has been missed so far, is your privately owned government.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 04:14 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Moreover, complaining that they shot down an aircraft, when your own nations government has been funding the major terror networks for decades, along with its partners internationally, is also a FANTASTICALLY gigantic double standard, and again, is a position that you simply cannot take with any legitimacy or gravitas.

So the 298 innocents on board MH17 do not deserve a mention because big government everywhere do what they always have done with certain manipulations. Are you talking about the Syrian opposition ( including women and Children and all others living ) to the kindly Mr Assad who are classed as terrorists by Russia, Russian Syria, Iran and some Palestinian units under your great leader Mr Assad/Putin ?
Those 298 I hope are looking down on you with your legitimacy and gravitas.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Yes and No,

CIA cyber attacking Russia at defcon 3. And if Russia retaliates NATO has the reason to attack Russia with conventional weapons.

But of course America (the people don't wont this war). It's the Elite that controls the Criminal media such as Foxnet and CNN that want this war. Putin made it very clear that Russia won't bend for the Elite so Russia is the 'bad guy' in the media and has to fall simple as that.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Cease, IMMEDIATELY trying to put me in a box.

I dislike all the leaders of the world for cow towing to the desires of their financial backers. However, one generally pulls the log out of ones own eye, before complaining at the speck in the eye of others. It must also be said that Russia, over the period of time covered by the War on Terror, which was illegitimate and is being fought against your own governments proxy agents, has not been ANYWHERE near as damaging to the life and well being of human beings en masse, as the governments involved in the War on Terror have been. Now, you can argue the toss, falsely, as to which party, the western or eastern powers have been more damaging. The facts would make a liar of you if you do, but you go ahead if you want.

But do not make the mistake of trying to paint me as a Putin/Assad fan. I happen to believe however, that solving the worlds issues means that you deal with the dirt on your doorstep before you even THINK about the dirt else where, because that is how things get progressed, how your attention remains focused on the job at hand, not distracted by the same old scapegoats and enmities of yesteryear.

Try evolving your thought a little bit, and understanding that complaining at your neighbours dog crapping on your lawn, while your cat eats his budgie, is bloody stupid.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 04:41 AM
link   

If war breaks out there will be 7 billion innocents dead. Nuclear war everyone loses.

Unless Assad is building a death ray to blow up the sun, syria is not worth starting nuclear war over,

As for MH17 dead? 298 is not worh risking 7 billion over.

I dont like putin and i dont like Assad.

But they are not worth risking myself or my family over.

Simply put, syria is none of my buisness.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 04:57 AM
link   

No Putin does not want to deescalate. What he wants is for other countries to give into Russia regarding their invasion / illegal occupation in Georgia, Ukraine and Moldova. They want the sanctions removed without complying with the establishes guidelines set forth by the world. They are now stating on their twitter feeds of how good Grozny looks with regards to Aleppo, which supports the war crimes accusations being raised against Assad / Putin in Syria (Aleppo).

Considering the state if the Russian economy and the armed forces all Russia has left is the nuke threat, which they are using more and more often. Yet they and a good many of supporters on this site think there wont be retaliation and that Russia will walk away unscathed.

Russia is pushing the world towards war, nuclear war.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 05:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Then it seems very stupid to push back.

Especially over Syria that is worth nothing.

Nuclear war we all lose. So it seems stupid to push Russia into it with military actions.

Keep with the sanctions sure. But talk of no fly zones over syria is ridiculous!

I would freeze or better yet conficate every russian oligarchs asets in new york and london.
See how long Putin survives without them putting a bullet in his ugly bald head.
The UK needs some more social housing and the billions of pounds of property the Russians own would go a long way to helping

edit on 18-10-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 05:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Considering the state if the Russian economy and the armed forces all Russia has left is the nuke threat, which they are using more and more often.

Well, perhaps the West shouldn't be imposing such draconian sanctions then, no?

This whole thing is insane, and if it goes tilt it's the end of the human race. Let's stop this nutso talk about how bad Russia is - and it IS bad, no one's disagreeing - and work towards avoiding the end game.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 07:59 AM
link   
As I understood it from a poster in a different thread. There wont be any nuclear war to speak of no matter how much the US government pushes Russia.

The chances of that happening is 1 in a million. So don't worry about it.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Yes because appeasement has always worked and never caused a dictator to go for more with the mindset they will give in.

That line o thinking resulted in WWII.

Appeasement does not work and never will work.. Because the individual you are giving in to will only want more.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join