It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Pence Says Evidence Points To Russian Hacking And Russia Should Face "Severe Consequences"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+21 more 
posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 01:23 AM
link   
These two just can't seem to get on the same page. I guess Pence must have ideas of his own (as horrible and barbaric as some might be like taxpayer funded "conversion therapy") and so he's not suceptible to the whispers of pro-Putin advisors/propagandists, Steve Bannon, morons on Twitter and whoever else is around that he can sponge ideas from.

Trump charges U.S. election results being rigged 'at many polling places'

On Sunday, Pence for the second time in recent weeks broke from Trump on Russia, this time on that country's possible involvement in email hacks tied to the U.S. election, saying Moscow should face "severe consequences" if it has compromised U.S. email security.

"I think there's no question that the evidence continues to point in that direction," Pence said. "There should be severe consequences to Russia or any sovereign nation that is compromising the privacy or the security of the United States of America," Pence said on "Fox News Sunday."

Their statements regarding the election outcome don't line up either or I should say Pence is still citing Trump from when he was saying that the candidates would "absolutely accept" the outcome of the elections. Apparently hasn't had enough tim to catch up to the crazy yet.

+10 more 
posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 01:26 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I actually don't care what that asshat Pence says.

The American people need the truth for once and I actually don't care how we get the truth because it is the right thing to do. Frankly, if we rely on our Government (and politicians) for truth we are screwed.
edit on 2016/10/18 by Metallicus because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 01:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

You don't find it interesting though that they're so far apparent on this? Pence says he supports Trump but I get the feeling he wouldn't be voting for Trump if he wasn't on the ticket.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 01:30 AM
link   

I think the GOP made it pretty clear with their coup attempts where they stand.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 01:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: Metallicus

You don't find it interesting though that they're so far apparent on this? Pence says he supports Trump but I get the feeling he wouldn't be voting for Trump if he wasn't on the ticket.

I don't find it surprising at all.

Pence is part of the problem not the solution.

Trump screwed up when he picked a career politician for a running mate. It reminds me of Kennedy picking Lyndon Johnson. If Trump doesn't comply they have their man waiting to take over.

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Yep it was Russia, and Iraq had WMDs

The fact you even care where the info comes from says alot about your mentality.

Also how the feck does any representative of the US gov have the nerve to get upset about being hacked?
The USA are the biggest information thieves on the planet and dont even try hiding the fact they have listening stations all over the world collecting and analysing every email, phone call, fax etc etc

Pot meet kettle

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 01:34 AM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

Pot meet kettle

So, that means it's ok to go for it? For both pot and kettle?

I take it you don't approve of Trump's running mate.
edit on 10/18/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 01:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

It means people who live in glass houses shouldnt throw stones.
To clarify, if ur balls deep in institutionalised hacking yourself dont complain when someone hacks you.

I dont know enough about Pence to have an opinion either way, Im an Aussie and the only place Ive heard his or Kaines name is here on ATS
edit on 18/10/2016 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 01:50 AM
link   

To clarify, if ur balls deep in institutionalised hacking yourself dont complain when someone hacks you.
In this case it's not so much the hacking but the notion that the hacking seems to be aimed at influencing the election.

Of course, the US could indeed be considered a pot in that regard as well. Still, it feels icky.

In any case, it is what it is. And so far, nothing very surprising or shocking seems to have surfaced.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Again; they are either training the public to look at Russia when Hillary steals the election and or they are creating the pretense to go war against Russia post election, as an optional course of action. They may also keep this option for a rainy day.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 01:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue

or they are creating the pretense to go war against Russia post election,

Heh. Yeah, right.

Kid, you don't know much about cold wars.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 01:53 AM
link   
According to the DHC, they are confident it is Russia, but only because they are "consistent with methods and motivations of Russian-directed efforts", not because of any fact.

The U.S. Intelligence Community (USIC) is confident that the Russian Government directed the recent compromises of e-mails from US persons and institutions, including from US political organizations. The recent disclosures of alleged hacked e-mails on sites like DCLeaks.com and WikiLeaks and by the Guccifer 2.0 online persona are consistent with the methods and motivations of Russian-directed efforts. These thefts and disclosures are intended to interfere with the US election process. Such activity is not new to Moscow—the Russians have used similar tactics and techniques across Europe and Eurasia, for example, to influence public opinion there. We believe, based on the scope and sensitivity of these efforts, that only Russia's senior-most officials could have authorized these activities.

Confidence is not knowledge. Confidence isn't fact. Both Trump and Pence are correct. There is no split.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 01:55 AM
link   
a reply to: TheTory
On the other hand, that confidence could well also be based on information which is not suitable for public consumption.

If you catch my meaning.

If you don't, I mean it may not be prudent to announce everything you know about what an adversary is doing.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 01:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Azureblue

or they are creating the pretense to go war against Russia post election,

Heh. Yeah, right.

Kid, you don't know much about cold wars.

They heat up quickly when clueless asshats are involved though. You know, the type who want to force a Syrian no fly zone.
Stronger together...what a f*cking joke.
edit on 18-10-2016 by Nucleardoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 01:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Nucleardoom

You seem to be one of those single issue voters.

I'm not sure Hillary would be capable of doing that. Any more than I am sure Trump would be capable of doing much of what he yaks about.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 02:00 AM
link   

There is no truth which cannot bare public scrutiny, only truths which some might find uncomfortable to read, and which might make some of the subjects of that data uncomfortable once it has become public knowledge.

Put another way, every action a person or entity takes must be weighed for its morality and discarded if found wanting. If that fails to happen, and the perpetrators are found out, then that is their bad luck.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Would be interesting if Russia started releasing unfavorable things about Trump, if Trumps base would all the sudden turn anti Russia.....

Nev mind we know they would, it's only ok if it's hurting hillary

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Well even if its from Russia Im more inclined to believe the outcome will be better for all as opposed to the US military industrial complex getting their way.

My tin foil hat tingles are telling me Russia has bugger all to do with this and its only being said in an attempt to discredit the info.

I agree with you on there being no major surprises, the lying, corruption, arrogance, sense of entitlement and politicians believing (and showing us) they are above the law is something most of us on this site take for granted

edit on 18/10/2016 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 02:06 AM
link   
If the DNC has done nothing wrong they don't have anything to worry about

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 02:09 AM
link   

My tin foil hat tingles are telling me Russia has bugger all to do with this and its only being said in an attempt to discredit the info.

My spider sense tingles whenever Trump opens his mouth.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join