It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Every Day Should Be A Holiday

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 01:01 AM
link   

We spend to much of our life focusing on celebrating holidays. It always is about the next holiday. Starts with New Years and ends with Christmas. Putting so much emphasis on holidays takes away from enjoying life the rest of the year.

We have one day to worry about, Today. Yesterday is done and tomorrow has yet to come. My friends and loved ones, please, stop worrying about holidays that have yet to come and live your life for today.

We do not need Valentines Day to show love. Can you tell someone that you love them and give them a gift without some stupid holiday? Yes.

Are you religious? Do you celebrate holidays for your religion? Propaganda with no validation? Why? Too many holidays exist for commercial gain. They are based on centuries of lies and fictional characters with no foundation for truth and yet millions of people celebrate them.
Do you really need a holiday to celebrate life?

Is Thanksgiving necessary to show appreciation for the bounty we receive? Is it ever possible to enjoy family and friends without a reason, to get together and have a nice meal? The day after is the biggest shopping day of the year and then the countdown begins for the fakest holiday of the year, based on the birth of Christ, who if we are to believe existed, would tell you all you are nuts.
I think having days that memorialize actual events that we are capable of verifying is fine.

Having a day to honor parents is fine, but do you really need a special day to show your parents how much you respect them and love them? No.
Honor for veterans is nice, but why do we need a special day for that? Shouldn't we be grateful for everything they do every day, we sure don't help them very much when they come back from fighting.

Labor day? Give me a break. A day to celebrate work? Shouldn't anyone that has a job and gets a paycheck be happy already?
4th of July is independence day? For who? Where is this great amount of independence?Seems to me like we are forever dependent on holidays to give us reasons to spend money.

All I am trying to say here is that everyday should be a holiday and everyday should be treated the same way. Show the ones you love how you feel about them today. Have appreciation for today and the things you have today. Today is a holiday. Everyday is a holiday.

Quit worrying about something that is 2 months away and give a gift today. Put a smile on your child today. Give your mom some flowers today. Buy your sweetheart some chocolate today. Give dad a hug and tell him how much he means to you today. Find a veteran and salute him today.

Want to celebrate independence? Tell them to stick the holidays where the Sun don't shine and have your holidays when you feel like it. Start with today. The holiday of life.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 01:25 AM
link   
a reply to: searcherfortruth

You would love the Jehovah's Witness folks. They don't even celebrate B-days.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I always show my love for people. I'll give them a gift sometimes for no reason at all. Some are handmade, some are not. I also love Holidays and look forward to special celebrations.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Well thing is.. I'm really looking forward to my next holiday SO I DON'T HAVE TO WORK.
People don't get excited because it's a holiday, people get excited because they get time off, and damn am I looking forward to it.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 01:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: searcherfortruth

Perhaps you don't realize it, but most holidays are to give the slaves a well earned day or two off from their daily grind.
Another one or two is to remind selfish and greedy and self-absorbed to think of someone else, for a moment, and maybe demonstrate that by getting them a gift.
The rest of the year you can just go on working and giving the boss back his money in your manic consumption.

The point is not taking your Loved ones for granted, but it is extremely painful to keep their and your mortality in constant recollection.
Se we back off, and lose focus..
Those holidays help us remember nd bring our 'Loved ones' back into focus! *__-

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   
i agree with part of what you said and part of it i dont.

its nice to have things to look forward to.

people always want to talk about live in the moment today only matters. sure thats fine. but life is not one day. life is multiple days. and you dont get everything at once. life is sweeter sometimes when you have to hold out. imo.

living in a perfect world. with perfect circumstances all of the time. that would be boring. think about it.

who wants all the treasure up front at the start of the video game. then what do you have to play for?

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Every day is a holiday when you don't GAF.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Everyday should be a Holiday, I get what you're saying/where you're coming from I think.

All I am trying to say here is that everyday should be a holiday and everyday should be treated the same way. Show the ones you love how you feel about them today. Have appreciation for today and the things you have today. Today is a holiday. Everyday is a holiday.

The world is so busy and we just forget to stop.
Enjoy life.
Smell the roses. So to speak.

The exploitation (?) of certain calendar days, at least, reminds folks to do just that.
That can be a good thing otherwise we may be too busy to realize what we are missing.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

If the holiday's in question didn't come with an extreme amount of commercialization and monetary output then it would be fine to celebrate them, but as we all know, the entire system we live under is based on holiday's and the revenue they generate.

I think way to much emphasis is placed on looking down the road, instead of looking right under our noses at what we already have to celebrate. Need a day off, call in sick. Here is another point with the way the world is today, if they wanted to target a day to attack us, wouldn't it most likely fall on a day we are all celebrating? Catch us all off guard?

I know, silly of me to think that way, but it did come to mind just now.

You are such a nice person BTW and thanks for your input.

top topics

join