It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: U.S. can't win Iraq war

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 11:02 AM
link   
We already won the war as the existing gov't was removed. All the rest of our stay has been for peace keeping and order. I have yet to understand why we keep stating we are at war. We did the job and frankly, it is time to come home. If the people of Iraq really want change then it will be, if not, then some new lunatic will be elected and that becomes the Iraqis problem.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 11:27 AM
link   
The war in iraq is not a war of guns, bullets and bombs.
Its about hearts and minds.
The sooner people listen to this idea the better.
The UK learned the hard way when it reacted with force in NI , it doesnt work all it does is create anger....anger leads to hate....you cant win an enemies heart if the enemy hates you.

Let me ask you...how can you impose freedom?
The US will never leave iraq so they will never be free.
There are still bases in germany that have been there for over half a bloody century!

BTW might i add there is no real way the US can win in iraq since the current stratagy of the US is to react with a massive counter attack.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 11:36 AM
link   
ok, lets face it!

the middle east has been a "experimental" battleground for decades now. all the superpowers want to "play" here. why? because of vast reserves of oil. oil, that is used to fuel the same war machinery, that occupied it. a perfect circle. it is typcal war for resources, ofcourse "spiced" with religious aftertaste of holywar against the muslim people. saddam hussein a big threat to the world? remove an infamous dictator and restore "democratic state" to this land? give the oppressed people freedom? save the poor suffering iraqi people from the hands of evil warmongers? break the "axis of evil" and banish all the terrorists from this world?

but remember, that all this terrorists and evil dictators, u.s. once supported and gave them money, weapons and training. first create an enemy, and then go fight it. doesnt matter what the reason is, and if its really "the right thing to do". lets say that middle east is very appropriate for the u.s., the location is perfect for a military presence. split the middle east into many small countries and easy control them. fragmentize. just like israel is doing it for 50 years. keep them apart and angry at each other. and then bring in democracy. a word an averege iraqi doesnt know.

but people die everyday,
american, iraqi,
muslim, christian, jewish,
men, women and children.

war does not choose.
and wars can not be "controlled".
war is a living thing,
it feeds on terror and hate,
and spreads and multiplies very quickly.

and man is still stupid enough to wage war for centuries....

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by bet555
There ya go ... Newspapers ... bash when ever you get tired of something ... Look at what they are doing over there and look at how many people they are killing. AND YES IT IS STILL GOOD TO KILL BAD PEOPLE !!!! YOU STUPID F$%#(&S ... IT IS REDICULOUS ALL OF YOU LIBERALS OUT THERE. Go F&$%&ING LIVE IN INDIA WITH GHANDI FOR GOD SAKE. LETS SEND SADAAM TO TRIAL I REMEMBER WHEN I WAS LIKE 10 everyone wanted him then in Desert Storm when they used Mustard Gas. Everyone wanted to kill him we catch them then what do we do do stupid crap like we are doing. If we would have had his killed... we wouldn't have had to worry about what he deserves being brouhgt to him.

WTF?
I have no idea what you're talking about...

But ... we got to keep growing in this ... HUMAN world. It is funny even animals realize that they have to die. We see whales beach themselves trying to push their dead to the shallow end of the pool. And they end up dying. You think we could learn from that. Or even if we could learn from the Lion's how they chase the weakest one out of the herd and just don't get to eat the strongest nicest bull.

Survival of the fittest? Social Darwinism, nice...wait...I still don't know what you're trying to say...

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
This is an attitude i find not very hard to believe.

Liberals make me sick

I just love it

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I love America, others just live hear taking up space.

[edit on 24-1-2005 by ancientsailor]

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
ok, lets face it!

The funny part is you are part of the human race.........

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Ok, where to start.

Originally posted by mwm1331

yeah keep thinking that souljah

If you do not have anything intelligent to add to the conversation please don’t post.

Originally posted by ThatsJustWeird
Technically, we already "won" the war. We sucessfully invaded the country (to a fault in that we did it way to fast) and ended Saddam's regime.

I am afraid that is not the way warfare works, when one side ends hostilities and the other does not, the war is still technically enabled, North Korea is a fine example of this seeing as they never officially ended hostilities (even though they did not launch any further attacks) and as a result are still technically at war with South Korea. Also, seeing as any government formed under a state of occupation by the occupier is null and void under international eyes as per the forth act of the Geneva Convention, leads to a situation of continual war until an official government can be established to stop it while the country is not under occupation. Like it or not that is the law.

Originally posted by ThatsJustWeird
This insurgency...we could easily wipe it out.

If you believe this then you should send you're advice to the military strategists in the Pentagon, for they seem to be struggling without your wisdom. Could you please enlighten me as to how they could wipe out such an insurgency from a military standpoint using nothing but violence?
(Please reframe from using the words "nuke" or "kik ass", thanks)

Originally posted by abigail
I have yet to understand why we keep stating we are at war.

If you please, read my statement above about the technicalities of war.
Also refer to a growing list of casualties on all three sides. (US Military, Insurgency, Civilians)

Originally posted by devilwasp
The war in iraq is not a war of guns, bullets and bombs.
Its about hearts and minds.
The sooner people listen to this idea the better.

Unfortunately the US government already admitted it has lost the hearts and minds of the Iraqi people.
Hearts and Minds lost

Originally posted by ancientsailor
Liberals make me sick

I just love it

I love America, others just live hear taking up space.

Once again, if you cannot answer intelligently and add something to the conversation, then please do not post.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid
How can so many people whom enjoy freedom deny the same for the Iraqi people? Is freedom only for those "born" into it?

No, it's for people who earn it themselves. They have to want it that bad, before they're worthy of it. If they don't earn it, they'll take it for granted, as we do. Then they'll end up losing their freedom, as we are now.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 01:55 PM
link   

ok, lets face it!

YES i am,
but i do not support WAR,
and i do not support my COUNTRY that is waging wars all the time.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 02:02 PM
link   

ok, lets face it!

YES i am,
but i do not support WAR,
and i do not support my COUNTRY that is waging wars all the time.

Doing Part time work?

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 07:20 PM
link   
This is a very dead issue. We have already won the war in Iraq. We already have oil contracts in place and we are not stealing Iraqi oil we are paying for it as we are the biggest customer. Now mind you we could have taken the oil by force to pay off Iraqi debts but we haven't. Was the war about oil? Yes. Was the war about liberating Iraqi's from Sadaam? Yes. Was the war about getting Sadaam out of power? Yes. Are U.S. troops dying in Iraq to make sure your country does not fall to pieces and become Afghanistan? Yes. Will we respect your right to be a Muslim? Yes. If you remember correctly your ex-leader Sadaam did the opposite. My how memories fade quickly. Does this justify the U.S. invading your country? No. Does this justify all the mothers and fathers who lost sons and daughters? No. Are the American troops at fault for being sent to Iraq? No. As a soldier you follow orders just as an Iraqi soldier would follow his orders. Will those who chose to send U.S. troops to die in Iraq while Iraqi civilians died be guilty for what they have done? No one escapes the judgment of God almighty.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Liberals make me sick

And conservatives whose solution to every problem is to blow something up likewise trigger my gag reflex.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Johnny Redburn

If you do not have anything intelligent to add to the conversation please don’t post.

Oh nooo johnny redburn asked me not to post!!!!!!!!

I guesss I better stay off the thread or Johnny Redburn might come fter me!!!!!!!!!!

I am sooooooooooooooooo worried.

Hey johnny If your just gonaa tell people what to do why dont you eat me.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 05:37 AM
link   
The Rambo like attitudes of some of the posters remind me of being on the playground, with the kids whose answer to everything was to beat someone up.
Don't like someone? Do they have something you want? Invade them! Losses mounting and your guys getting killed? Nuke 'em! Kill 'em all! And if someone thinks your a blithering loonie, why they are just unpatriotic un American swine!

Go stick some more flags on your Suv's, and salivate over Bush's little adventure. Maybe when more of our guys are wiped out the army will be in need of desktop commandos such as yourselves.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 07:44 PM
link   

I guesss I better stay off the thread or Johnny Redburn might come fter me!!!!!!!!!!

LMAO LMAO

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 07:47 PM
link   

LMAO LMAO

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Otts

Liberals make me sick

And conservatives whose solution to every problem is to blow something up likewise trigger my gag reflex.

Otts,

At least we conservatives DO have a solution!

And you're welcome at my triggering your gag reflexes!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join